Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
02-16-2015, 03:53 PM - 1 Like   #14671
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Well,nothing Scandinavian but I did have a Texas shaped waffle at a hotel, oh and some bacon,eggs, and sausage
Had the same thing today, minus the waffle (saving up for the "Full Fat" so have to cut corners somewhere) Poached the eggs in bacon grease

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 02-16-2015 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Spelling.
02-16-2015, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #14672
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Had the same thing today, minus the waffle (saving up for the "Full Fat" so have to cut corners somewhere) Pouched the eggs in bacon grease
Poached in bacon grease is the only way.😃 I find it helps me to contemplate when I will or will not buy (another) K3.
02-16-2015, 04:27 PM - 1 Like   #14673

That is some light food. How about some pork scraps fried in lard? For the hard working photographer.
02-16-2015, 04:46 PM   #14674
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Man, this must be worth a "for-tuna" now ...
I've always thought of myself as the king of bad puns. I bow to you. The king is dead, long live the king!

02-16-2015, 06:15 PM - 1 Like   #14675
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
"why-i-wont-buy-k3-warning-satire-thread" Now banned by the American Heart Assc. for not promoting healthy eating habits!
02-16-2015, 06:23 PM   #14676
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Had the same thing today, minus the waffle (saving up for the "Full Fat" so have to cut corners somewhere) Poached the eggs in bacon grease
Looks great!

QuoteOriginally posted by semaca Quote
That is some light food. How about some pork scraps fried in lard? For the hard working photographer.
Now we're talking!
02-16-2015, 06:31 PM   #14677
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
He bought a K-3.

Jim, I think you have to do some time in the sin bin!!
There has clearly been a severe lacking in your raising, caring, nurturing and mentoring of your only son.
For crying out loud, you only had one to raise and you made such a hash of it!
It is a good job you didn't have a whole brood to raise, care for, nurture and mentor: they would all be canikonistas or

sonyites.

02-16-2015, 06:35 PM - 2 Likes   #14678
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
"why-i-wont-buy-k3-warning-satire-thread" Now banned by the American Heart Assc. for not promoting healthy eating habits!
The Honolulu Heart Program study, with 8,000 participants, published in 2001:
“Long-term persistence of low cholesterol concentration actually increases the risk of death. Thus, the earlier the patients start to have lower cholesterol concentrations, the greater the risk of death.”

And finally, the huge Japanese Lipid Intervention Trial with over 47,000 participants:
“The highest death rate observed was among those with lowest cholesterol (under 160mg/dl); lowest death rate observed was with those whose cholesterol was between 200-259mg/dl”

In other words, those with the lowest cholesterol had the highest death rate, and those with cholesterol levels that would today be called “dangerous” had the lowest death rate.

Hmmmmm. Or, Yummmmmm.
02-16-2015, 07:08 PM   #14679
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Jim, I think you have to do some time in the sin bin!!
There has clearly been a severe lacking in your raising, caring, nurturing and mentoring of your only son.
For crying out loud, you only had one to raise and you made such a hash of it!
It is a good job you didn't have a whole brood to raise, care for, nurture and mentor: they would all be canikonistas or

sonyites.
Well,I guess I can look on the bright side. He didn't buy a Sony, and he's not a politician or weatherman.
02-16-2015, 07:26 PM   #14680
Veteran Member

Well,I guess I can look on the bright side. He didn't buy a Sony, and he's not a politician or weatherman.
Used car salesman?
02-16-2015, 08:31 PM - 1 Like   #14681
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
That ship sailed with the first mention of surströmming.
02-16-2015, 08:31 PM   #14682
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
Used car salesman?
No, he's actually exercised extraordinary judgement up until now. He's worked hard since he was 14, he graduated college with a degree in electronic engineering, and he has a great job working in his degree field. Then this. I'm at a loss to explain it. I'm trying to convince him to join the forum, although I did warn him about one of the moderators.
02-16-2015, 08:38 PM - 1 Like   #14683
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No, he's actually exercised extraordinary judgement up until now. He's worked hard since he was 14, he graduated college with a degree in electronic engineering, and he has a great job working in his degree field. Then this. I'm at a loss to explain it. I'm trying to convince him to join the forum, although I did warn him about one of the moderators.
Bring the young pupil in, he will learn a lot...
02-16-2015, 09:51 PM   #14684
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by semaca Quote
When I get home fromPort Aransas, the first thing I cook will be something fried in lard. Actual lard that I rendered myself from bacon fat.
02-16-2015, 11:23 PM   #14685
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Just don't ask for brunost. That stuff is highly flammable.

Read More Here
And let's by all means not forget the time that a Norwegian had his brunost confiscated at an international airport because security thought that it was plastic explosives.

Edit: Yeah, that would happen in Northern Norway. We're barely on the grid as is...

Last edited by ZoeB; 02-16-2015 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Hadn't read the article