Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
02-19-2015, 08:03 PM   #14806
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Abouts rabbits in Oz;
A few years ago the Victorian Minister for Agriculture went by the name Austin. Apparently it was one of his forebears who introduced rabbits to Oz "for sport". I wonder in the irony was lost on the minister?

02-19-2015, 08:18 PM   #14807
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Abouts rabbits in Oz;
A few years ago the Victorian Minister for Agriculture went by the name Austin. Apparently it was one of his forebears who introduced rabbits to Oz "for sport". I wonder in the irony was lost on the minister?
Go figure! Our greyhound becomes a completely different animal from the normal docile couch potato he is, when he sees a rabbit or hare!
02-19-2015, 08:58 PM   #14808
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mark, about the cable tie thing.
I just saw a video made a few years ago by some teenagers: they tried numerous adornments on the helmet of one of them (Possibly the smallest and least able to refuse??) riding through the territory of the one magpie. The maggie swooped a bare helmet, a helmet with cable ties sticking up, a helmet with a fake (but realistic looking) maggie mounted on it. What it didn't swoop was BIG HAIR! The kid had an bushy afro style wig over his helmet and rode through the area unmolested!

At 80kph the wig would probably blow off.
02-19-2015, 09:33 PM   #14809
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
So glue is required.

02-19-2015, 09:49 PM   #14810
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mark, about the cable tie thing.
I just saw a video made a few years ago by some teenagers: they tried numerous adornments on the helmet of one of them (Possibly the smallest and least able to refuse??) riding through the territory of the one magpie. The maggie swooped a bare helmet, a helmet with cable ties sticking up, a helmet with a fake (but realistic looking) maggie mounted on it. What it didn't swoop was BIG HAIR! The kid had an bushy afro style wig over his helmet and rode through the area unmolested!

At 80kph the wig would probably blow off.
Can you imagine the wind resistance!
02-19-2015, 09:56 PM   #14811
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Can you imagine the wind resistance!

78kph?
02-19-2015, 09:57 PM   #14812
Veteran Member

Has the question been asked what ever happened to Pentaxdude the user that started this thread?

This thread is the last post they made and have not posted since. Not even in this thread.

Hope they are alright. Maybe they might come back with the coming of the FF.

02-19-2015, 10:02 PM   #14813
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
Has the question been asked
It has been asked (with more jollity than seriousness).
He is probably off pestering some Sony (or worse) forum now.
02-20-2015, 02:03 AM   #14814
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Has the question been asked what ever happened to Pentaxdude the user that started this thread?

This thread is the last post they made and have not posted since. Not even in this thread.

Looks like someone hasn't read through this thread in its entirety.

02-20-2015, 02:39 AM   #14815
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

He's made no posts, perhaps, but he's alright enough to at least log onto here once in a while:

Last Activity
2015-02-13 22:48

But yes, it is a bit disappointing that he won't contribute further to this beauty of a thread
02-20-2015, 03:09 AM   #14816
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Not very often, but sometimes, I get a koala in my yard. I have seen them three times in 15 years but have seen some other evidences of past presence from time to time. They seem more common in the past few years. They make pig like noises in the creek reserve just nearby very often, as in almost daily I hear them, (I have a 4m boundary with it). I am getting my roof fixed because it broke enough I got an infestation of birds nesting in the roof. That would have led to holes for possums which you do not want in your roof. They make noise while alive, odour after they die and urinate on the top of the ceilings whilst still alive - and the only defence we are allowed to use is to seal off the roof so they cannot get it - but if they are already in and cannot get out you get all the aforesaid disadvantages at some time during the process.
Do you have any snakes that can climb tree's where you live? Here, we have Rat Snakes. Non-venomous, but they will follow a rodents scent up a tree, down onto your roof, and into your roof or attic. They'll then eat the rodent and either leave or lay eggs then leave.

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I much prefer them looking like this.
I prefer them like this:

02-20-2015, 04:40 AM   #14817
Veteran Member

what ever happened to Pentaxdude
Either kidnapped by Otis's squirrel army and held captive in his basement for the enjoyment of the evil hociR. Or he is out with his new K-3 and doesn't want to admit it.

---------- Post added 02-20-15 at 05:45 AM ----------

The kid had an bushy afro style wig over his helmet and rode through the area unmolested!
Sounds like a normal day on RAGBRAI!(Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa) Known for silly outfits and MUCH adult beverage consumption!
02-20-2015, 11:58 AM   #14818
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Sounds like a normal day on RAGBRAI!(Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa) Known for silly outfits and MUCH adult beverage consumption!
I have heard about this ride, but did not know it was still being held. The hociR will be pleased.

Steve
02-20-2015, 12:09 PM - 1 Like   #14819
Site Supporter

Cats are awesome:

02-20-2015, 12:41 PM   #14820
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
Do you have any snakes that can climb tree's where you live? Here, we have Rat Snakes. Non-venomous, but they will follow a rodents scent up a tree, down onto your roof, and into your roof or attic. They'll then eat the rodent and either leave or lay eggs then leave.

I prefer them like this:

I never heard of the problem of snakes entering through the roof. I have heard enough stories of people finding snakes in their house. We have had a couple outside but I have not seen them inside. I know there are snakes in the valley below my back fence, but I have only seen one in the past 15 years. I was a skeleton in a skin trapped in some bird netting.