Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2015, 09:13 AM - 1 Like   #15241
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Nope. Same darned thing happened up here in the Arctic. Scary stuff. But it sure warms things up. We're at -29C right now instead of the normal -30 degrees.
Strange, We've not seen the same phenomenon this side of the Atlantic (yet).

And spring is here early! Must be due to global warming and all that - caused by things like this British V cheese (V12, that is).

Extremely versatile gizmos those Merlins, used in planes, boats, cars, and even motorbikes

03-08-2015, 10:58 AM   #15242
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Not me... I've never bought the stuff, being a "small dairy cheese snob".
I am an all cheese snob!
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Should I get off this darn computer and start taking pictures?
That's crazy talk!
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Extremely versatile gizmos those Merlins, used in planes, boats, cars, and even motorbikes
The famous Merlin! Winner of the Battle of Britain!! Also known as the Meteor and used in British armor! (history fix)
03-08-2015, 11:35 AM   #15243
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
My grandmother lived in Maine, born in 1893 an died in 1997. Her family lived in Maine since the 1700s. You might be my cousin. But honestly, Vermont Cheddar, never heard of it, Now Ontario Cheeses, Balderson and Armstrong are award winning cheeses with awards from all over the world. I used to live 5 miles from the Balderson Cheese factory. Once hooked you can never go back to processed industrial cheese products. There is nothing in the industrial cheese world, like squeaky curds.
Ah man, you've missed out. Shelburne farm cheddar is amazing, and also, i kid you not, in the world cheese encyclopedia.
03-08-2015, 01:24 PM   #15244
Veteran Member

Mh, ehm ... am ... am I welcome here? Cause I was somehow declared responsible for our beloved thread's demise (even though I strongly disagree, of course)

03-08-2015, 01:32 PM   #15245
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
If you are a Velveeta atheist like Norm
I'm with Norm then... I've never heard of this stuff, perhaps it didn't make it across the puddle.
03-08-2015, 02:20 PM   #15246
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Mh, ehm ... am ... am I welcome here? Cause I was somehow declared responsible for our beloved thread's demise (even though I strongly disagree, of course)
Always handy to have a scapegoat around... Not that I would ever need one, of course. When a m0d claims not to be talking politics I don't argue against it

Besides, I haven't seen anyone around here with m0d like powers so we couldn't kick you out even if we wanted to
03-08-2015, 02:22 PM   #15247
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I'm with Norm then... I've never heard of this stuff, perhaps it didn't make it across the puddle.
Me too. Actually, I'm pretty certain the stuff doesn't even exist!

03-08-2015, 02:34 PM   #15248
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
for the Very deprived souls around here:
How to make Velveeta Cheese
03-08-2015, 02:41 PM   #15249
Veteran Member

Always handy to have a scapegoat around... Not that I would ever need one, of course. When a m0d claims not to be talking politics I don't argue against it
Yeah, I guess I should never join the army - as a recruit I'd become the target of every drill seargent

Now, I have never heard of Velveeta cheese, but from a quick Google image search it certainly doesn't look very appealing
03-08-2015, 08:53 PM   #15250
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Glad to see the old cast of characters is reuniting for a new production! Now if we can just not run afoul of any Velveeta colored dudes eating donuts we should be ok!
03-09-2015, 05:20 AM   #15251
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

We're still missing some of the crew but I trust they'll show up before long.
03-09-2015, 05:38 AM   #15252
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Now, I have never heard of Velveeta cheese, but from a quick Google image search it certainly doesn't look very appealing
Me too. Actually, I'm pretty certain the stuff doesn't even exist!
I feel sorry for you guys that are Velveeta deprived.The best way I can describe your situation is to compare you to those that don't know bacon....or beer. How sad that would be.....just like not knowing Velveeta, it really is that sad.

Regards!

There are millions of Velveeta tips....Here is one of my favorites.

Creamy chicken Ramen Noodle + Velveeta......Microwave 90 seconds and mix in some Ritz crackers. Sometimes it seems better than a fat steak......it's that good! Try it! Been hooked on it for years...when you are starving, it is just 90 seconds away!
Attachment 261205

Happy eating!

Last edited by Rupert; 09-10-2015 at 08:00 AM.
03-09-2015, 05:54 AM   #15253
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I feel sorry for you guys that are Velveeta deprived.The best way I can describe your situation is to compare you to those that don't know bacon ... or beer.
According to Wikipedia it's not even cheese, but a "Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product". How could that possibly compete with beer?!?!?!

QuoteQuote:
There are millions of Velveeta tips....Here is one of my favorites. Creamy chicken Ramen Noodle + Velveeta ...
I've gotta say - visually that really reminds me of this:

03-09-2015, 06:05 AM   #15254
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I've gotta say - visually that really reminds me of this:
That's my kind of cookin' guy! He knows his stuff!

Note: I failed to add a required Govt Warning to my Ramen noodle/Velveeta recipe, so here it s is....just so I don't get in trouble with the FDA.

Google Ramen noodles........"it has been shown that Raman noodles cause cancer, heart attacks, and over 21 other various terminal diseases."

This is your sure and certain sign that they are absolutely delicious! If it kills little lab rats, you know it's good stuff!

Regards!
03-09-2015, 06:56 AM   #15255
Pentaxian

How long until Spam is brought into this conversation?

oh wait... I just did it no conversation about food that we don't know exactly what it is, can be complete without Spam!