Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108811 Likes Search this Thread
03-18-2015, 01:16 PM   #15601
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Don't worry, I'll get the down and dirty on Rupert when Otis takes me to dinner.
Wear some dark shades...Otis chews with his mouth open, and he drools a lot if he sees anything on the menu with nuts.

Regards!

03-18-2015, 10:21 PM   #15602
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
I don't like the TP hangers. I just set the roll on the edge of the countertop.
I keep mine hidden in a hook-locked tall cabinet over the toilet. It's either that or Loki steals it and throws it all over the bathroom, shredding it as he goes. I can't leave anything out with this cat. He's worse than dealing with a whole pack of curious toddlers. He's nicknamed "The Little Hellion" for good reason. Give that cat 2 minutes in a room away from you with anything to tempt him and he turns into a 4 footed wrecking crew...
03-18-2015, 10:29 PM   #15603
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mag, over here in Oz we have doors that keep cats out of toilets!
03-18-2015, 11:21 PM   #15604
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Ah, yes, those pesky upside-down doors are very hard for cats to operate. Or so I've been told.

03-19-2015, 03:46 AM   #15605
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A whole day of talking about toilet paper! Sweet!!
03-19-2015, 03:51 AM - 1 Like   #15606
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
A whole day of talking about toilet paper! Sweet!!
It probably tastes better than Velveeta, so that's an upgrade
03-19-2015, 04:11 AM   #15607
Veteran Member

Dinner last night.......After this shot, it was all covered in that cheese sauce at the top right of the shot......and what would that be?

Half & Half with melted Velveeta! Delicious! I didn't put any on the pie...but I thought about it!

Regards!

03-19-2015, 06:37 AM   #15608
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

No bacon??
03-19-2015, 06:53 AM   #15609
Veteran Member

It might be wise to invest in a cheese fountain.

03-19-2015, 08:00 AM   #15610
Veteran Member

Breakfast this morning at 8AM.

Last edited by r0ckstarr; 04-01-2015 at 10:10 PM.
03-19-2015, 08:04 AM   #15611
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It might be wise to invest in a cheese fountain.
Would I hate to clean that fountain!
03-19-2015, 08:17 AM   #15612
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Would I hate to clean that fountain!
The trick is to let it sit overnight, then peel the cheese off.
03-19-2015, 10:22 AM   #15613
Veteran Member

The trick is to let it sit overnight, then peel the cheese off.
I just set them outside and let the squirrels eat it all off...they love Velveeta too!

Regards!
03-19-2015, 11:09 AM   #15614
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Over here we have cats that can stand up on their back feet and open doors, no kidding...

I have locks on all the cabinets now. Loki isn't just a "cat" from what I can tell. He's the Norse god of mischief incarnate in feline form. If not, he's amazingly well named. He's a Fire Point Siamese. He's very high energy, ultra inquisitive, stubborn to the point of madness, and scary smart. He lives to get into things and to play. I live in a pretty small place. About the only place I have to put a couple of cat boxes is under the cabinet in the bathroom.

The bathroom is actually Loki Central. He hangs out a lot in there. He has tons of little toys he drags in there, a big kitty play track with a lighted ball, a flat scratching post. He likes taking one or another of his toys up on the counter, playing with it a bit then dropping it back down, so he can jump back down and chase it. It's his version of kitty aerobics. "Fetch" is his major game. If he can't get me or Dad to toss a ball or a puffy then he's usually tossing one around himself. He never stops playing hardly unless he's got to eat or sleep. He figured out the door thing by the time he was six months old. Short of locking him out, which isn't practical, he's going to get in there and wreck havoc if and any way he can.

He's got way too much energy and gets bored way too easily. I think he has the cat equivalent of ADHD. He practically just crawls out of his little kitty skin trying to be still for any length of time. He's beyond hyperactive. If the toys start to bore him then he goes after Lily and baits her until she growls and swats him. He's got no common sense this cat. He's smart but he's got a lust for danger. He's a toddler with the terrible twos only he doesn't ever grow up and out of it. I definitely bit off more than I can chew with him. He's a huge scamp but he loves, loves, LOVES me. He makes me laugh. Lucky for him he's such a big Mama's boy, because otherwise I'd have thrown his furry little arse out of my house a million times over by now he's so much trouble.

I've raised a few cats, fostered tons more, worked in shelters half my life. I'm a cat lady practically since birth and proud of it but I have never raised a cat quite like this one. I've known other Siamese cats and had cats who had some Siamese in them but this is my first cat who is mostly Siamese and he's very true to the breed in a lot of ways from what I can tell. I'm on a board for people who love cats and in particular "Meezers" as they call Siamese cats. It's the same thing all the time. Some Siamese cats can be laid back and no trouble at all but as a breed they are often demanding, challenging little beasts to have around. Siamese cats can be kind of dog like in a lot of ways from what I can tell. They can need a lot of training but being as they are cats and not dogs they can also be very resistant to being fully trained.

I'm good at it and I've been working with him since he was 12 weeks old, and he's made some progress, but he's never going to be a mostly well behaved cat like Lily. Lily has her bratty moments, like any cat, but mostly she's a good cat and she stays out of stuff she's not supposed to be in and away from stuff she's not supposed to be messing with. Loki, it's just not his nature. He's a wild child extraordinaire. As well as being hyper he's often feisty, very clingy, very demanding and can be very jealous of me. There are days when he's pretty good, but there are far more where by the end of the day I just want to choke him. It's all I can do to not commit cat abuse he can make me so crazy.

He can be wonderful too though. He's the most affectionate loving animal and for some strange reason he thinks I'm the center of his universe. It can be a bit too much sometimes, all this love and attention, but honestly the way he loves it's his saving grace. When he gets up on me hugs me hard and licks me all over my face I remember why I got him in the first place. He's a wicked little love bug, but he's MY wicked little love bug, grin...

---------- Post added 03-19-15 at 02:12 PM ----------

What I want to know is,
how do other family members get the roll down to 2/3 sheets, leaving me to replace the roll every time!?
They use all the toilet paper to that point and then hop into the shower to wash up real quick so they don't have to be the one to go get more. :P

---------- Post added 03-19-15 at 02:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Dinner last night.......After this shot, it was all covered in that cheese sauce at the top right of the shot......and what would that be?

Half & Half with melted Velveeta! Delicious! I didn't put any on the pie...but I thought about it!

Regards!

Real corned beef hash, yum yum! The rest of that I can take or leave but I love a good plate of hash...

---------- Post added 03-19-15 at 02:14 PM ----------

Breakfast this morning at 8AM.
Darn now I have to go out. I need STEAK...
03-19-2015, 02:42 PM - 3 Likes   #15615
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Several have stated that they would like the old thread back. With Norm's approval (the the Why I won't buy a K-3 orphans.. was his thread) I've reopened the original and merged the orphans thread into it.

Last edited by Parallax; 03-19-2015 at 02:54 PM.