Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2015, 03:38 PM   #15721
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
what is a "Corinth" anyway?
"Rich Corinthian Leather" was leather made on Corinth NY. And it was in the horrid Chrysler Cordoba! The trick is not to make a car that actually runs, but to have a spokesman that has an accent that melts butter so you HAVE to buy it. So you get Ricardo to say-" The Chrysler Cordoba, with rich Corinthian leather!" and the public will be all over it!

03-20-2015, 03:50 PM - 3 Likes   #15722
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
May not have cooked long enough.
In Australia, there's a recipe for a tough parrot called a cockatoo:

"Catch your cockatoo, boil it with two stones and when the stones are soft, your bird is ready."
03-20-2015, 04:21 PM   #15723
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
In Australia, there's a recipe for a tough parrot called a cockatoo:

"Catch your cockatoo, boil it with two stones and when the stones are soft, your bird is ready."
LOL
03-20-2015, 04:40 PM   #15724
Veteran Member

In Australia, there's a recipe for a tough parrot called a cockatoo.
Is it good? Sometimes, when the bedlam they performed in front of our uni halls every morning woke me up early, I looked out the window and wondered how they taste.

03-20-2015, 04:48 PM - 1 Like   #15725
Veteran Member

recipe for a tough parrot called a cockatoo:
Rule: never eat anything you can hold a conversation with.
03-20-2015, 04:55 PM   #15726
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Is it ok to talk about microwave popcorn in this thread?

Funny how they took a healthy snack and, for the sake of convenience, made it as healthy as velveeta.
The inference that Velveta is not a health food could get you banned from this thread, ya know. The good people here are sensitive about things like that.😱

---------- Post added 03-20-15 at 08:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I once saw a gal at a Cardinals baseball game dip each piece of her popcorn in mustard,.and still fight a gag reflex at the thought.
So what's with New Yorkers and mustard on pretzels? Hot dogs, pastrami, burgers, ham, meat, meat meat. But over-cooked bread? Where's the beef?
03-20-2015, 05:06 PM - 1 Like   #15727
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Um, actually, jac, as I am the only participant of this thread that can ban someone from it I would submit that the only thing regarding Velveeta that may get someone banned is the continued insistance that it's actually cheese.

03-20-2015, 05:54 PM   #15728
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Um, actually, jac, as I am the only participant of this thread that can ban someone from it I would submit that the only thing regarding Velveeta that may get someone banned is the continued insistance that it's actually cheese.
What about Blue. He was second last in posting to forgoing thread that died and created blissfully unaware orpans (Thanks Norm) which was resurrected so that people could praise ...
Aw, what the heck. You win again.��

Last edited by jac; 03-20-2015 at 06:29 PM.
03-20-2015, 05:55 PM   #15729
Veteran Member

Next thing you're gonna try to tell us is that I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is not butter.
If it looks like a duck.................
03-20-2015, 06:14 PM   #15730
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
What about Blue.he was second in posting to forgoing thread that died and created blissfully unaware orpans (Thanks Norm) which was resurrected so that people could praise ...
Aw, what the heck. You win again.😉
Okay, I stand corrected. I'm not the only participating mod. (And yes, thanks, Norm)

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Next thing you're gonna try to tell us is that I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is not butter.
If it looks like a duck.................
You probably don't want to hear what I have to say about the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny.
03-20-2015, 06:18 PM   #15731
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Actually think he's mooning you!
How silly! Otis wouldn't do anything like that...we know Otis, he is a kind and gentle squirrel without any animosity toward anyone! Which reminds me...in another thread a member here has insinuated that Otis tried to extort him? Where on earth did that come from? Everyone knows Otis, he's just not that type...he has only concern for his fellow posters here...and for those little starving orphan squirrels.(Have you donated?) Someone is trying to distort the humanitarian nature of Otis, and it just isn't right!

Regards!

....since you mentioned it...sort of....how about a Moon Pie filled with Velveeta? Doesn't that sound delicious!
03-20-2015, 06:21 PM   #15732
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Mmmm. Sounds as scrumptious as a road apple pie.
03-20-2015, 06:37 PM - 1 Like   #15733
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a great grandfather who was an immigrant from Belgique. His citizenship papers show him renouncing all loyalty to "The King of the Belgiums". I guess that makes him an immigrant from Les Belgiques?

I felt the same way when they cancelled M.A.S.H.
I watch it every day after work - two segments. Of course we're thirty years behind up here. Is Reagan still President or did he nod-off once too often?

---------- Post added 03-20-15 at 09:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
stop picking on my squirrels, most were poor little starving orphans in their youth...have a heart!
How can Otis talk about orphans? The animal world's answer to Rasputin, Don Juan and Julius Caesar in one over-s*xed little package of testosterone. Betcha there's not one orphan in the Forests of Otis.😜

Last edited by jac; 03-20-2015 at 06:48 PM.
03-20-2015, 06:46 PM   #15734
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
I felt the same way when they cancelled M.A.S.H

When we went to digital TV all the stations jumped on the wagon and now have 3 channels each. There isn't enough stuff being produced to fill the schedule for three stations so now we have reruns!
MASH we get x2 every weeknight (and it is worth watching from time to time)
One channel should have been named 'Simpsons' because that's about all they showed - I think the frequency has slowed about lately; perhaps the tapes/discs/whatever are wearing out!
03-20-2015, 07:33 PM - 2 Likes   #15735
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

It's good to have everybody back home.