Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108815 Likes Search this Thread
03-20-2015, 08:28 PM - 1 Like   #15736
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
How can Otis talk about orphans? The animal world's answer to Rasputin, Don Juan and Julius Caesar in one over-s*xed little package of testosterone. Betcha there's not one orphan in the Forests of Otis.😜
Otis is just a concerned member of squirrel society......I'm sure he doesn't see himself as anything special? Otis has pretty much wiped out starvation here among orphan squirrels, thanks to the generous donations from his friends at PForums!

His next project is to wipe out teen squirrel unwed pregnancies.....Would you like to donate? Just a few dollars can house and feed a hungry teen girly squirrel and provide a good home for her and her babies.

Poor little thing.....she had no idea she was even pregnant! It is pretty hard to tell when they are that fat!

Regards & Thanks from Otis to all that have donated to the poor little squirrels her in the Woods of Otis!

03-20-2015, 08:45 PM - 1 Like   #15737

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
So you get Ricardo to say-" The Chrysler Cordoba, with rich Corinthian leather!" and the public will be all over it!
03-20-2015, 09:59 PM - 1 Like   #15738
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
It's good to have everybody back home.

I was just thinking the same thing.

---------- Post added 03-21-2015 at 04:02 PM ----------

Heh, I just noticed 'canon' in amongst the tags.
Who did that?
I don't remember any poster using that vile word!
Someone should be banned!
03-20-2015, 11:14 PM   #15739
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
LOL

Clackers is serious, I'll have you know.

---------- Post added 03-21-15 at 04:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Is it good? Sometimes, when the bedlam they performed in front of our uni halls every morning woke me up early, I looked out the window and wondered how they taste.

I had a problem, till I got it fixed. They thought my roof tasted good.

---------- Post added 03-21-15 at 04:51 PM ----------

I watch it every day after work - two segments. Of course we're thirty years behind up here. Is Reagan still President or did he nod-off once too often?

-

Sorry for a reference to something to do with photography: I bought my MX just after Reagan became President.

That was still back in the days of Malcolm Fraser, who passed on yesterday.

---------- Post added 03-21-15 at 04:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
When
One channel should have been named 'Simpsons' because that's about all they showed - I think the frequency has slowed about lately; perhaps the tapes/discs/whatever are wearing out!

You sound like you are alluding to some university lecturers, I am sure they are waiting for their PowerPoints to go yellow.

03-20-2015, 11:37 PM   #15740
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote

That was still back in the days of Malcolm Fraser, who passed on yesterday.
RIP, Malcolm.

He was once welcomed to Washington by Jimmy Carter with:

"And now I welcome to the United States of America, the Prime Minister of our great ally Australia, my great and good friend ... John!"

It's a shame Carter hadn't been briefed to call Fraser by his middle name, rather than first. :-)
03-21-2015, 12:03 AM - 1 Like   #15741
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's BACK....

Grin...I just now realized. YAY!
03-21-2015, 12:48 AM   #15742
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Mine was a 1963 Impala 2 door hardtop, bought in 1965 for a tad more than my K-5 cost.
It looked like this:
Yep.

Styling was the order of the day back then. Little or no plastic. More chrome than should have been allowed, and it was on real metal too. And the headlights on low beam didn't blind people in the middle of the day either.

And to think of the cars that I had that were purchased for a fraction of the cost of a K5 that would fetch many times that today.

And some let go for much less.

*sigh*

I want a do over.

03-21-2015, 01:37 AM - 1 Like   #15743
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Is Reagan still President or did he nod-off once too often?
Long gone.

Real long gone. Nancy is still with us though.

Just Say No.

So, after the former movie star, we had some guy that regurgitated into the lap of some Japanese dude after they served him some sushi.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 03-21-2015 at 01:47 AM.
03-21-2015, 01:53 AM - 1 Like   #15744
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

So, after the former movie star, we had some guy that regurgitated into the lap of some Japanese dude after they served him some sushi.
No Velveeta on the tuna?
03-21-2015, 01:54 AM - 1 Like   #15745
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

You probably don't want to hear what I have to say about the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny.
They taste like chicken?!
03-21-2015, 02:04 AM   #15746
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Being from Sweden, it should have come at least with a case of ABBA... No, not the band, this:Abba Pickled Herring | TotallySwedish
I love most of their flavors. Fork it out of the jar... yum.
Good for repelling Godzilla, vampires and hociR!
Looks good. In fact there is a lot there that interests me. Is any of that available in the US?
03-21-2015, 02:06 AM   #15747
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
RIP, Malcolm.

He was once welcomed to Washington by Jimmy Carter with:

"And now I welcome to the United States of America, the Prime Minister of our great ally Australia, my great and good friend ... John!"

It's a shame Carter hadn't been briefed to call Fraser by his middle name, rather than first. :-)

I did not know that story. But I do know several Americans who choose to be known by their middle name, so that would not have been surprising when the briefing could have been made.

---------- Post added 03-21-15 at 07:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Long gone.

That's more embarrassing than another incident with the PM, he was overseas on a business trip and his trousers fell to his ankles in a public place - hotel foyer or something.
03-21-2015, 02:26 AM   #15748
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote

That's more embarrassing than another incident with the PM, he was overseas on a business trip and his trousers fell to his ankles in a public place - hotel foyer or something.
It's either a mystery if we think he was only this aloof, aristocratic figure we were familiar with, or more mundane if he was another guy who couldn't convince us that what happens in Memphis stays in Memphis:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3003441/The-night-Malcolm-Fraser-los...g-dealers.html
03-21-2015, 02:27 AM - 2 Likes   #15749
Pentaxian

... You probably don't want to hear what I have to say about the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny.
Don't talk to me about that "Tooth Fairy" deal ... or as it's known in France, "la petite souris" (the lil' mouse).

At this rate with Charlotte and given today's status, I will be broke soon ... and that's " why I won't buy a K-3 tm".

03-21-2015, 02:38 AM - 1 Like   #15750
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Being from Sweden, it should have come at least with a case of ABBA... No, not the band, this:Abba Pickled Herring | TotallySwedish
I love most of their flavors. Fork it out of the jar... yum.
Good for repelling Godzilla, vampires and hociR!
My wife loves Abba pickled herring, also forks it straight from the jar. She even loves it for breakfast. I rarely eat the stuff. If we go to the herring market I might have some, but it's not an everyday food for me.

Oh, and holy thread resurrection Batman! I thought this thing was dead and buried. I even went through withdrawals. Luckily I didn’t run out of BACON at the same time. It would have been disastrous.