Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
a little chilly

03-24-2015, 07:48 PM   #15902
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What? Was that too much? Would you have preferred if I asked if it got a bit cool?
03-25-2015, 02:47 AM   #15903
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hi Rod
At times like this I am truly blessed. Last night I was unhappy that my team is out of the World Cup. this morning I'm pleased that my team has won and is now standing a chance to win the World Cup. It pays to have dual citizenship!

Kind regards,
Mark

Sorry to say, but I hope your team retires from the world cup with the honourable position of 2nd, behind mine! (Who sent your other team home.)
03-25-2015, 04:46 AM - 1 Like   #15904
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I guess this is proof that you guys up-over indeed cannot be down-under. Unless the Netherlands have moved down. Or was that up?

Anyways...

03-25-2015, 06:09 AM - 1 Like   #15905
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I guess this is proof that you guys up-over indeed cannot be down-under. Unless the Netherlands have moved down. Or was that up?
That's nothing - in Germany we construct bridges for canals to cross rivers

03-25-2015, 06:27 AM   #15906

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ricoh on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot.My reasoning behind this is I make a living in photography.I shoot lots of weddings and It seems more people ask on what camera I'am using.I have had quite a few people turn me down because I shoot with pentax.They just know canon and nikon.I l was turned down on other major sporting events because I shoot with Pentax.This all happened a few years back and I will admit that some people are starting to recognize that pentax can keep up with the big guys.If Ricoh puts their name in front of the camera I feel it will throw them back to the dark ages..I'am quite happy with my k5s and all my pentax glass and will continue to shoot pentax,but hesitating to by new equiptment because of this matter.I do also own nikon and canon slr's but I'am a pentaxian and as long as it says Pentax on the front of the camera I'am happy.

Mod disclaimer: this thread has turned into a humorous discussion and it no longer reflects facts about the Pentax K-3 DSLR. Enter and post at your own risk, and have fun!
i want to buy it.
really interesting.
03-25-2015, 06:33 AM   #15907
Veteran Member

That is just unreal. I've never seen anything like that. How cool, lol...

03-25-2015, 08:11 AM   #15908
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
That's nothing - in Germany we construct bridges for canals to cross rivers
We all know the Dutch are smoking weird substances. I wonder, what's your excuse??
03-25-2015, 09:39 AM   #15909
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In the dry lands east of here irrigation canals frequently bridge all sorts of things, though the hociR might wish otherwise.

Steve
03-25-2015, 09:50 AM   #15910
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
We all know the Dutch are smoking weird substances. I wonder, what's your excuse??
A genetic drive to engineer and the need for an outlet? Germans don't need excuses to build, design or construct stuff
03-25-2015, 09:56 AM - 2 Likes   #15911
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Been crossing rives with canals since 1823 here in Rochester, NY. This is the Eire Canal crossing the Genesee river. The bridge is still in use today but now carries motor vehicles.
03-25-2015, 12:26 PM   #15912
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Been crossing rives with canals since 1823 here in Rochester, NY. This is the Eire Canal crossing the Genesee river. The bridge is still in use today but now carries motor vehicles.

Is that close to E Main St, or the library or Court St?

I feel I remember seeing a bridge like that in that area when I was there 10 years ago.
03-25-2015, 12:42 PM   #15913
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi
At times like this I am truly blessed. Last night I was unhappy that my team is out of the World Cup. this morning I'm pleased that my team has won and is now standing a chance to win the World Cup. It pays to have dual citizenship!
Grant Elliot would think the same, Mark.

He must also be grateful for the gift-wrapped length ball Dale Steyn sent down, with accompanying card saying "Please despatch me into the crowd".

A wonderful game. Hope that in years to come it's seen as that, not just remembered as a heartbreaker.
03-25-2015, 01:24 PM   #15914
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Is that close to E Main St, or the library or Court St?

I feel I remember seeing a bridge like that in that area when I was there 10 years ago.

The aqueduct is now the Court Street Bridge. The traffic deck on the present bridge covers an old abandoned subway track which is still there. The subway track is actually the bottom of he old canal bed.
03-25-2015, 02:25 PM - 2 Likes   #15915
Site Supporter