Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cat in camouflage.
03-25-2015, 03:49 PM   #15918
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Grant Elliot would think the same, Mark.

He must also be grateful for the gift-wrapped length ball Dale Steyn sent down, with accompanying card saying "Please despatch me into the crowd".

A wonderful game. Hope that in years to come it's seen as that, not just remembered as a heartbreaker.
Yes, I think Dale Steyn realised it the moment that ball left his hand.
03-25-2015, 04:13 PM   #15919
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
What? Was that too much? Would you have preferred if I asked if it got a bit cool?
Actually, the Canadian Prairies and the American Great Plains were colder most of the winter. But our cold is still here whereas they're warming up. It's all that cold from Alaska - the Yanks blame Canada but citizens of the U.S. Of A. tend to be rather insular and don't look at maps much. They still think you're down under; just no understanding of the real world.

03-25-2015, 05:27 PM   #15920
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
It's all that cold from Alaska - the Yanks blame Canada but citizens of the U.S. Of A. tend to be rather insular and don't look at maps much. They still think you're down under; just no understanding of the real world.
Them's fightin' words!

03-25-2015, 06:41 PM   #15921
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Them's fightin' words!

https://youtu.be/ayOlQ9If_cA
Just don't you forget "The Mouse that Roared"! We may be small but we're still little. And we're armed; we have a fleet of almost five diesel subs - only one is operational but it's sneaky. And we have a strategical plan - warehouses of Miller light which are, in reality, filled with pure Canadian beer. You boys will be so pissed they won't be able to find Saskatoon in broad daylight.
03-25-2015, 06:58 PM   #15922
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Them's fightin' words!

https://youtu.be/ayOlQ9If_cA
Now that is good! Perhaps we could get Michael Moore to do a film detailing the horrors of the hociR!

Steve

03-25-2015, 07:13 PM   #15923
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Yes, I think Dale Steyn realised it the moment that ball left his hand.
Yep. I almost never bowl, and when I do, it's so slow if it comes out badly I can normally walk down the pitch and retrieve it before it reaches the salivating batsman. :-)
03-25-2015, 08:36 PM   #15924
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Actually, the Canadian Prairies and the American Great Plains were colder most of the winter. But our cold is still here whereas they're warming up. It's all that cold from Alaska - the Yanks blame Canada but citizens of the U.S. Of A. tend to be rather insular and don't look at maps much. They still think you're down under; just no understanding of the real world.
Very interesting. What brought you to such an isolated spot?

---------- Post added 03-26-15 at 04:36 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yep. I almost never bowl, and when I do, it's so slow if it comes out badly I can normally walk down the pitch and retrieve it before it reaches the salivating batsman. :-)
Oh, I'm useless with any ball game where the ball's not lying dead still before I need to hit it!
03-25-2015, 09:07 PM   #15925
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
The aqueduct is now the Court Street Bridge. The traffic deck on the present bridge covers an old abandoned subway track which is still there. The subway track is actually the bottom of he old canal bed.

Thanks. Nice to see pictures that remind me of things I saw on my travels for the boss. I flew there: ADL-SIN-FRA-Dulles-Rochester and at check-in the agent asked: "how did you get an itinerary like that" (over 30 hours in planes). Flew over London at about the time the 2005 underground bombings happened. Heard about that in Dulles.
03-26-2015, 12:36 AM   #15926
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I have just spotted an understatement

Just don't you forget "The Mouse that Roared"! We may be small but we're still little. And we're armed; we have a fleet of almost five diesel subs - only one is operational but it's sneaky. And we have a strategical plan - warehouses of Miller light which are, in reality, filled with pure Canadian beer. You boys will be so pissed they won't be able to find Saskatoon in broad daylight.
Don't forget the beavers, the vast army of commando beavers!

And the fleet of one flying Sea King.
03-26-2015, 02:39 AM   #15927
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
In German we say "Der April, der April, der macht was er will." which roughly translates to "April, April, does whatever he wants to." But it rhymes.
Hey, what about March? I was woken by snow blowing into my bed today. Suddenly there is 30 cm of snow outside, icky gusts of wind, and the spring has been postponed indefinitely. They have actually stopped all buses today, all over town. I don't think that has ever happened before, at least not in my life time.

I mean, seriously, stopping the bus service because of some snow?! Sure, the odd bus getting stuck in a drift, or ending up in a ditch - but a complete shutdown? That is something I didn't expect to see.
03-26-2015, 02:42 AM   #15928
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by zeds Quote
i want to buy it.
really interesting.
Buy what?

This thread?

The original post?

The disclaimer?

03-26-2015, 02:52 AM   #15929
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Buy what?

This thread?

The original post?

The disclaimer?

I don't buy that
03-26-2015, 03:07 AM   #15930
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
You boys will be so pissed they won't be able to find Saskatoon in broad daylight.
To give us some credit, Saskatoon is aboot a zillion miles from everywhere. Why would anyone want to find it? I only wanted to because the address of the consignee was on the BOL my dispatcher handed me.

This was the second time, a swimming pool bulkhead for the Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre.

I actually enjoyed the drive, and a stopover in Medicine Hat is fun with a 53 foot trailer stretched out to about 70 feet. I stopped out on the prairie for lunch, and a squall blew through behind me..

Then there was some neat clouds near Seven Persons.