03-26-2015, 03:09 AM   #15931
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I don't buy that
Buy what?

Last edited by Racer X 69; 03-26-2015 at 11:24 AM.
03-26-2015, 03:30 AM - 1 Like   #15932
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
But what?
No, no, not that! I don't need another one

But I did buy an FA 31! Just hoping it will actually get here. Right now it's (lost?) somewhere in the black whole called the international postal system...

I almost got an A*135/1.8 as well, but didn't. It would've been a nice ton of glass to have, though.

Oops, photography talk. Sorry! I'll blame it on the snow.
03-26-2015, 06:59 AM - 1 Like   #15933
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Are all soccer games this interesting?

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Just don't you forget "The Mouse that Roared"! We may be small but we're still little. And we're armed; we have a fleet of almost five diesel subs - only one is operational but it's sneaky. And we have a strategical plan - warehouses of Miller light which are, in reality, filled with pure Canadian beer. You boys will be so pissed they won't be able to find Saskatoon in broad daylight.
I'd much rather have any Canadian Beer than Miller Light.
03-26-2015, 07:05 AM   #15934
Veteran Member

Oh god, he called it 'soccer' ... My European ears are bleeding.

Pretty hilarious video though - it starts off looking and sounding like a serious football match Kind of reminds me of German player Christoph Kramer who during the actual World Cup final vs Argentina took a knee to the head and turned out a bit confused after that. He kept playing for some time until he walked up to the referee and the following dialogue ensued:

“Shortly after the blow, Kramer came to me asking: ‘Ref, is this the final?’” Nicola Rizzoli told the Gazzetta dello Sport on Thursday. “I thought he was joking and made him repeat the question and then he said: ‘I need to know if this is really the final.’ When I said: ‘Yes,’ he concluded: ‘Thanks, it was important to know that.’”

He was replaced about a quarter of an hour later

Last edited by FantasticMrFox; 03-26-2015 at 07:11 AM.
03-26-2015, 07:11 AM   #15935
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote

What is this strange game, soccer?

Isn't it a bit like football, where you use your foot to kick a ball around a large playing field?
03-26-2015, 07:14 AM - 1 Like   #15936
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cbope Quote
Isn't it a bit like football, where you use your foot to kick a ball around a large playing field?
Yes, I believe the Americans have usurped the term as a more convenient way to refer to their game of 'handegg', where they try to deliver an egg-shaped thing to the opposite side of the pitch using mostly their hands. The fact that no ball is involved and the feet are rarely used doesn't seem to deter them.
03-26-2015, 07:18 AM   #15937
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cbope Quote
What is this strange game, soccer?

I think so. As opposed to those games where you carry a "ball" in your hands. But I understand handball is quite popular in some areas west of the Atlantic.

Edit: As the Fox says quite correctly, the term "handball" can't really be correct. I suppose "hand carried pig's bladder" would be more correct.

03-26-2015, 07:19 AM   #15938
Pentaxian

I met an english football star this summer, I couldn't believe how much money he made, and he wasn't even a quarterback, running back or wide receiver. He told me what he was, a midfielder or something like that, but it wasn't a real football position that I've ever heard of. I think he was so good, they just made up a position to meet his special skills. Kind of like an H-back. There never used to be an H-back, then Percy Harvin comes along and all the sudden there is a position called an "H-back". Mid-fielder must be something like that.
03-26-2015, 07:28 AM - 1 Like   #15939
Veteran Member

I've always been amazed by this statistic about the average NFL handegg broadcast:

After every superbowl it seems like people are talking more about the commercials than about the game. If that sort of culture would be introduced into football in Europe, fans would riot ...
03-26-2015, 07:28 AM   #15940
Veteran Member

Title of the video says soccer, so I went with that. I don't keep up with single ball sports, just came across that video and thought it was funny. I prefer sports that require 2 balls; bull riding and auto racing.
03-26-2015, 07:34 AM - 2 Likes   #15941
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok, to help you out a bit:

Ball:

Prolate spheroid with pointed ends:

Foot:

Hand:
03-26-2015, 07:34 AM - 1 Like   #15942
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
Title of the video says soccer, so I went with that. I don't keep up with single ball sports, just came across that video and thought it was funny.
I was just poking fun at you Americans
03-26-2015, 07:48 AM - 2 Likes   #15943
Veteran Member

03-26-2015, 08:29 AM   #15944
Pentaxian

I was just poking fun at you Americans
It's more fun just to poke fun at all the sports nuts, wherever they are and whatever sport they follow... Rugby-oids, soccer nuts, football fanatics (either variety of "football"), cricketers, sailors, skiers, and those really weird people who run for pleasure...

Jim
03-26-2015, 08:45 AM - 1 Like   #15945
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
It's more fun just to poke fun at all the sports nuts, wherever they are and whatever sport they follow... Rugby-oids, soccer nuts, football fanatics (either variety of "football"), cricketers, sailors, skiers, and those really weird people who run for pleasure...

Jim
Don't forget curling.

« AF1 vs AF2 | - »