Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2015, 10:44 AM - 1 Like   #16201
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Having not been on a commercial airline flight since before 9/11, and having had a total hip revision, I wonder what kind of search I would get?

Not too bad; I just let them know the situation with mine, a couple of extra swipes with the wand, and off you go. And I'm beginning to wonder how many of us here are still operating with OEM systems, nose to toes.

04-05-2015, 10:57 AM   #16202
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Not too bad; I just let them know the situation with mine, a couple of extra swipes with the wand, and off you go. And I'm beginning to wonder how many of us here are still operating with OEM systems, nose to toes.
I am still OEM, for the most part ... there's been some modifications over the years; some voluntary and some involuntary.
04-05-2015, 11:14 AM   #16203
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Luckily my amalgam fillings don't sound off any alarms Apart from those I'm all OEM still. Contemplating changing my lenses, though. The ones in my eyes, that is. Seems my wonky eyesight can't be laser corrected. Not entirely sure I like the idea of some dude using a scalpel on my eyes, though...
04-05-2015, 11:52 AM   #16204
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Except for fillings in my teeth, fully OEM.

04-05-2015, 11:58 AM   #16205
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Luckily my amalgam fillings don't sound off any alarms Apart from those I'm all OEM still. Contemplating changing my lenses, though. The ones in my eyes, that is. Seems my wonky eyesight can't be laser corrected. Not entirely sure I like the idea of some dude using a scalpel on my eyes, though...
I don't like scalpels ... first time in France, they had to sew all the ligaments in my right shoulder together after a horse threw me. The next was for the appendix the day before France's World Cup Final ... I cheered them on painfully from my hospital bed. Bummer, no Champs Elysees celebrations for me ... oh well.
04-05-2015, 12:20 PM - 2 Likes   #16206
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I don't like scalpels ... first time in France, they had to sew all the ligaments in my right shoulder together after a horse threw me. The next was for the appendix the day before France's World Cup Final ... I cheered them on painfully from my hospital bed. Bummer, no Champs Elysees celebrations for me ... oh well.
Ya , but you still have your virginity..
04-05-2015, 01:11 PM - 2 Likes   #16207
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey Mr Fox, what was it you said about "der April macht was er will"?

04-05-2015, 03:21 PM   #16208
Veteran Member

Hey Mr Fox, what was it you said about "der April macht was er will"?
Funny, I'm paying this thread a visit after I've been absent for days and the most recent post is this one

Actually, we had a splendid Easter up here in Dundee. Teaching just ceased two days ago, exams will only start in early May and so, after a great, luxurious brunch (at least by student standards) with some friends we headed down to a park in front of my house and lay on a blanket in the sun at 19.5°C! I think I need to emphasise the latter part in order to make everyone here understand the importance and uniqueness of the situation. This is Scotland and 19.5°C is above the average daytime high in the height of summer - today we enjoyed this paradisiac conditions in the beginning of April.

We revelled, celebrated, cried tears of joy at the opportunity of wearing short sleeved garments. Pure bliss.

And for tomorrow the weather report is predicting the same - I will go to beautiful St Andrews with my uni's photography society and stroll among the ancient, ivy-clad buildings.

There's nothing better than being a student on break with perfect weather
04-06-2015, 12:40 PM   #16209
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
21 hours!!

Was there too much perfect weather?
04-06-2015, 12:52 PM - 1 Like   #16210
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
21 hours!!

Was there too much perfect weather?
Right.... It was actually quite nice today, all the way up to 10C!

In other news, I just found out I have about 7.5 kg of lenses.

(That's about 1.2 stone for the metrically challenged.)
04-06-2015, 01:02 PM - 1 Like   #16211
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

(That's about 1.2 stone for the metrically challenged.)
....or 441.2 tetradrams, for those who aren't familiar with stones as a weight unit.
04-06-2015, 01:25 PM   #16212
Veteran Member

... for the metrically challenged.
This expression is the funniest thing I read/heard today
04-06-2015, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #16213
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
....or 441.2 tetradrams, for those who aren't familiar with stones as a weight unit.
Ah, yes, I keep forgetting that there are certain areas where stones are mainly known for their quality as tools. Sorry!
04-06-2015, 04:16 PM   #16214
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have decided to hijack this thread and veer it off course.

I have made the decision to start hunting squirrels. I spend a lot of money feeding them (In the guise of feeding the birds) over the winter and they have repaid me by eating all the crocuses in the back yard, On top of they they nip the flowers off of my tulips when they bloom. Later in the spring and summer they continue their assault on other flowers too. Last year they left a debris field in my Impatiens that cannot even be described in polite company. I actually have had to make cages for my tulips so I can enjoy them for more than a day.

I'm sorry Otis, but your northern relatives do this to me every year and I have reached my limit. I even started hanging squirrel logs on trees for them to eat but they continue to repay kindness with vandalism of the most foul kind.

So does anybody know a good brand of pellet rifle?

Recipes for squirrel would be nice too. Especially if they include bacon.
04-06-2015, 04:23 PM   #16215

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
off course
but off course! looks like you're going to take this "shooting squirrels" thing a wee bit too literally, but man's gotta do what man's gotta do!