Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
04-19-2015, 08:08 AM   #16591
Veteran Member

also the thread has nothing to do with cameras. And besides, if it gets locked (which it won't, since we hypnotised the mod), we'll just start another orphan thread in the general talk forum anyway.

04-19-2015, 08:21 AM - 3 Likes   #16592
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Well I guess I am far from the 'norm'.
I own a 1972 Chevrolet Camaro (3rd owner).
A 2005 Subaru Legacy wagon.
2001 Dodge Ram 3500.
Although I do not have one at the moment, I have owned more motorcycles than I can recall, but I would run out of fingers and toes if I had to count them all.
There is a 1971 Dastun 240Z race car in my shop that I have owned since 1989. The car has road racing history in SCCA and ICSCC going back to 1979.
A 32 foot enclosed trailer for hauling the race car to the race meets.
Can't leave out the 1972 Datsun 240Z (3rd owner). Oh, and at last count 11 other Datsun 240Z, 260Z, 280Z and 280ZX complete cars out behind the shop. Some I had used as a beater to get around in, others were cars that I hauled away for people to use as a source of spare parts for the race car and the 1972.
I have a 1976 Eliminator Jet boat, 460 Ford engine, Berkley water jet drive unit. A worn out ski boat that can get well North of 70mph on a lake and if I rebuilt the water pump and engine it should get into the triple digits for speed.
A 1948 Ford 8N tractor. Numerous implements, rake, back blade, 6 foot finish mower, disc harrow, Korean ware era jeep wagon, 3 point mount Dearborn sickle bar mower, belly mount Dearborn sickle bar mower.
And a 1948 Adams motor grader.
A Kubota GR2120 diesel riding mower.
Mrs. Racer has a 2012 Toyota Corolla S.
A 18' camping trailer.
Nope.
We're far from the 'norm'. Although I probably have 8/10ths of a Datsun Z car out back!
How does that saying go, something like
When I die, please don't let my wife sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them.
04-19-2015, 08:45 AM - 1 Like   #16593
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
And not a single K3.

Not even one.
A show of dedication and willpower
04-19-2015, 09:37 AM   #16594
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
... we'll just start another orphan thread in the general talk forum anyway.
That would rob it of its special status - everyone can post nonsense in General Talk, but this is the only place where nonsense can be revelled in in a photography specific section.

04-19-2015, 01:22 PM - 1 Like   #16595
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
A show of dedication and willpower
Yes, Racer and JP really push the limits of what science thought possible when it comes to willpower
04-19-2015, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #16596
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by romeck Quote
Because of mark II K-3, the thread have to finish....

It is still k-3, just with a name modifier.
04-19-2015, 02:07 PM   #16597
Pentaxian

Clearly, you've never met a computer science student. I'm pretty sure I've seen one doing exactly this after a few hours of fighting bugs in his OS.
Gollum is more Family Friendly, however... At least in my debuggering episodes!

Jim

04-19-2015, 10:37 PM   #16598
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Gollum is more Family Friendly, however... At least in my debuggering episodes!

Jim
Oh, gollum os when it gets really bad, when they start to crack. The screaming and swearing and keyboard tossing usually comes first. In Northern Norway, swearing is pretty commonplace, so you have to get creative. That having been said, I haven't spent much time observing the habits of the frustrated informatics student-- their computer lab is right next to the super computer, so it gets HOT in there.
04-20-2015, 12:04 AM   #16599
Pentaxian

Oh, gollum os when it gets really bad, when they start to crack. The screaming and swearing and keyboard tossing usually comes first. In Northern Norway, swearing is pretty commonplace, so you have to get creative. That having been said, I haven't spent much time observing the habits of the frustrated informatics student-- their computer lab is right next to the super computer, so it gets HOT in there.

do you mean they become pugilists?
04-20-2015, 12:09 AM   #16600
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Actually Gollum knows a lot of nasty words...lol, but he seems fond of one in particular... (NSFW!)

04-20-2015, 03:26 AM   #16601
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Yes, Racer and JP really push the limits of what science thought possible when it comes to willpower
Me secret ? Me thinks : " Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly, Family Friendly ... rinse and repeat. "
04-20-2015, 05:39 AM   #16602
Site Supporter

You get not one, but two Fs for tbat.
04-20-2015, 05:52 AM   #16603
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Or an "x" to mark the spot where he totally lost it.
04-20-2015, 08:06 AM   #16604
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
TWO F's ... I'm golden!

---------- Post added 04-20-15 at 17:10 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
There's one on side of my forehead thanks to a helmet-less dirt road motorcycle race with my cousin.

Maybe there's a connection. Or some missing ...
04-20-2015, 08:13 AM   #16605
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
It is so far gone that he will never find it, even with an x.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
TWO F's ... I'm golden!

---------- Post added 04-20-15 at 17:10 ----------

There's one on side of my forehead thanks to a helmet-less dirt road motorcycle race with my cousin.

Maybe there's a connection. Or some missing ...
Ohh you're missing something all right...