Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2015, 12:39 PM   #16711
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Now, I shoot mainly shotguns as sporting clays is a great way to get some exercise. Nice walk punctuated by being able to blast the heck (keeping it nice as this is a family site) out of clay disks. I always feel less stressed after shooting clays for some odd reason. PULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My earliest experiences with shooting was clays. But I was just a scrawny 10 year old, and the 12 gage double barrel would knock me off my feet.

Then one day at the skeet range a guy handed me a 12 gage with a recoiless barrel. The first time I pulled the trigger I fell forward on my face. Expecting the thing to kick like a mule instead it was more like the kick of a .22.

I actually got very good at trap shooting, and like you mention, the exhilaration and stress reduction is difficult to duplicate with other methods.

Pull!

04-24-2015, 12:41 PM   #16712
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Way more than than that for me.
As I later said, it was a "conservative" estimate.
04-24-2015, 12:46 PM   #16713
Pentaxian

But the one I like the best is this. Created by my own hand, for shooting racing cars as they blast by at speeds three times the speed limit. Well, two and a half times the speed limit in South Dakota.
Cool !

Is that a Sigma 600/8 ...?
04-24-2015, 12:50 PM   #16714
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I can only carry so much at one time.

The remainder rest silently in the gun safe.
I wouldn't try carrying over here. Very much not allowed. Then again, at least the silenced one is too unwieldy to carry anyway. And it would mean I'd have to leave a lens behind. Wouldn't want that

04-24-2015, 02:03 PM   #16715
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

But the one I like the best is this. Created by my own hand, for shooting racing cars as they blast by at speeds three times the speed limit. Well, two and a half times the speed limit in South Dakota.
Hmmmm...may I ask the make of the camera mounted to that stock?

Steve
04-24-2015, 02:12 PM   #16716
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
On the subject of Bacon and Velveeta all is good and still worthy of much discussion.....but the newer Spam gives me a severe headache from all the MSG and tastes like salt....PASS.........Mmmmm....Im thinking of FOOD again....lol
Yep, they went and ruined a good thing by trying to make it better. Fortunately you can still find some of the old stuff if you look hard enough.....cans say they expired in 2010, but we all know that Spam has so much embalming fluid it never expires!

Regards!
04-24-2015, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #16717
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hey Racer I bought a baby Monstro!

And that's why I wont buy a K-3 mark I,II,III,IV with or without built in flash! So there!

Last edited by Joel B; 04-25-2015 at 12:10 PM. Reason: can't type
04-24-2015, 03:20 PM   #16718
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Hey Racer I bought a baby Monstro!
Oh boy, a Volvo! I didn't know people buy these in the US. My family used to own a couple until my father switched to Audi, my grandparents still travel Norway in one for months every year - 'The fastest tank.' my grandfather always calls it The current XC70 (US) is one of my favourite cars.
04-24-2015, 03:28 PM   #16719
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Oh boy, a Volvo!
Yep it's a tank! It has the coolest rear fog lights. Something not seen on domestic vehicles. A friend said it was a German requirement. Is that true? We been bit by the Euro bug between the Saabs, BMWs, Jags and now this toy!
04-24-2015, 03:53 PM - 1 Like   #16720

about the fog lights - please use them when there's FOG! , and I mean "where exactly am I? Is this still a road?" sort of fog, not "it looks like a bit of a haze" type.
rear fog lights are bright, near the levels of brake lights bright, and they are annoying as [insert expletive here], if used any other time but during the thickest, densest fog imaginable.

UPD: just figured a good way to evaluate the necessity to turn on the rear fog lights - when the fog or snow, or rain is so heavy that you're getting blinded by your own high beams - that's probably a good time to use them
04-24-2015, 03:55 PM - 1 Like   #16721
Site Supporter

You would be a riot at Talladega or Daytona! Hysterical
04-24-2015, 04:17 PM   #16722
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Yep it's a tank! It has the coolest rear fog lights. Something not seen on domestic vehicles. A friend said it was a German requirement. Is that true?
It is in European countries and a couple others due to UN Regulation 48. I actually had to google this as despite being German I've never even heard of rear fog lights
04-24-2015, 05:19 PM   #16723
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
It is in European countries and a couple others due to UN Regulation 48. I actually had to google this as despite being German I've never even heard of rear fog lights
Sounds like a great idea to me. I have been in dense fog at night in the mountains and the standard taillights simply are not adequate.

Does the K-3 have rear fog lights? No!

I rest my case...or not...

Steve
04-24-2015, 05:24 PM   #16724
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
In Oz we had a string of cars imported some years back (mostly Korean, IIRC) that had rear fog lights and it seemed like they had all been hard wired 'on', because everyone and his dog had this intensely bright red light on the rear of his car. They might be good in fog, but are extremely annoying (blinding almost) at other times!! Now have been made illegal except (drum roll) in fog.

---------- Post added 04-25-2015 at 10:53 AM ----------

I don't often go to dpreview, but the 'most popular camera' panel has to be a joke.
I have thought so many times, but when the K3ii appears as most popular camera before it is even on the shelves ...well, I ask you!
It might be the third most popular in conversations this week, but that is all.
It will only be the third most popular, in reality, when it is walking out of stores in large numbers.
04-24-2015, 06:04 PM - 1 Like   #16725
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Does the K-3 have rear fog lights? No!
That right there just seals it, oN 3K for me...

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 04-24-2015 at 08:38 PM.