Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2015, 09:04 AM   #17581
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
Does anyone ever *really* get out of the practical joke stage, though?
Lol, Not any of my family that's for sure, I just survived cleaning up the 'Upside down large glass of water on cabinet' trick.

06-11-2015, 09:05 AM   #17582
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Lol, Not any of my family that's for sure, I just survived cleaning up the 'Upside down large glass of water on cabinet' trick.
Doesn't anyone ever think of anything new?
06-11-2015, 10:32 AM - 1 Like   #17583
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Hey, taping the sink sprayer on is always fun!
06-11-2015, 11:04 AM   #17584
Pentaxian

Hey, shaking hard the soda/pop cans and then putting 'em back in the frig ...

06-11-2015, 11:24 AM   #17585
Veteran Member

I've always been a fan of the clingfilm over soap/shampoo bottles. And not to mention some of the elaborate pranks i got up to in grade school with my teachers and class...
06-11-2015, 11:35 AM - 1 Like   #17586
Pentaxian

I think my favourite of all time wa when I rolled a whole box of chalk up on into one of those maps that rolled up like a window shade, hanging in my Geography class for April fools day, when my teacher was called from the room.. Well the teacher didn't use the map that day. Two weeks later, when everyone including me had forgotten about it he vigorously pulled the map down and chalk went flying everywhere , and it all hit the floor shattering into a million pieces and rolling everywhere. Everyone including myself sat there in shock. No one said "April Fools."
06-11-2015, 12:20 PM   #17587
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hey, I was a little shy when I first signed up. And this exam season has really kicked my butt. My last exam is tomorrow, and i feel like i've aged at least five years in the last three weeks.

What's that? The prospect of completing the studies and knowing you will soon be a 'real one' of whatever you were studying, and suddenly you start to behave the part. I have seen and experienced that effect.

---------- Post added 06-12-15 at 04:52 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Fluids.

Drink more fluids.

Beer is a good one ... got me through law school.

That fluid helped one of our Rhodes scholars to become prime minister. But at some point he realised it was spoiling his life and stopped.

06-11-2015, 12:24 PM   #17588
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
What's that? The prospect of completing the studies and knowing you will soon be a 'real one' of whatever you were studying, and suddenly you start to behave the part. I have seen and experienced that effect.
Oh no, this is knowing that I have another three years of this, only with increasingly complex subjects, before I get to be a 'real' whatever. And even then, I hopefully move on to a doctorate.
06-11-2015, 12:25 PM   #17589
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

Even that is not new: some guy WROTE by about 1000 BC "there is nothing new under the sun".

---------- Post added 06-12-15 at 04:56 AM ----------

I've always been a fan of the clingfilm over soap/shampoo bottles. And not to mention some of the elaborate pranks i got up to in grade school with my teachers and class...

One I heard of a number of times but never saw was the glad wrap on the toilet seat.

---------- Post added 06-12-15 at 05:00 AM ----------

Oh no, this is knowing that I have another three years of this, only with increasingly complex subjects, before I get to be a 'real' whatever. And even then, I hopefully move on to a doctorate.

Doctorate, the best fun study I ever did. Afterwards there was one of my old colleagues who had just got his and I knew it was a big deal to him, He asked how it felt to have mine and I answered: "now the sign on my door matches that on everyone else's". It was nice to get it, then I could get on with the rest of my life.
06-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #17590
Veteran Member

And here I am looking forward to another 7-8 years of higher education It's kind of addictive.
06-11-2015, 01:17 PM   #17591
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
And here I am looking forward to another 7-8 years of higher education It's kind of addictive.
See, usually, it's not an issue. It's just that this semester has been *really* long. By august I'll be raring for another seven years for sure
06-11-2015, 01:27 PM   #17592
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Today I won't buy a K-3 becuase I can record everything in such high qualitynfrom my iPad 😎

NOTE -- I am just kidding! This pic is just because I wanted to show the scenery, not because it is good...

The good pics are on my K-30!

Jim
Can't be around here Jim. All I see is the sun and pretty blue sky!
06-11-2015, 01:35 PM - 1 Like   #17593
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Guys! this is my post #600! It had to be in this thread :P
Congratulations young lady!

Hey!

I just noticed that you and I joined up here at the same time.

But.

I have over 5,000 posts.

Guess I am just a:

06-11-2015, 01:39 PM   #17594
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Well ... if you type "Pentaxdude" in Google Images, you get this as a proposal ...
Say, that is one of my photos!
06-11-2015, 02:14 PM   #17595
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

I have over 5,000 posts.

Guess I am just a:
So if 5000 in 5 years qualifies for that, then what does my yearly average class me as?

(It was a rhetorical question. I'm fairly certain that I don't really want to know. )
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »