Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
06-14-2015, 06:39 PM   #17641
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm not much into mashed chickpeas. I've had hummus flavored and non, but honestly it just doesn't do it for me. Falafel isn't TOO bad, I could eat that if I was starving, but when it comes to bean dips I like black bean or refried beans dip far better.

06-14-2015, 07:20 PM   #17642
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I'm not much into mashed chickpeas. I've had hummus flavored and non, but honestly it just doesn't do it for me. Falafel isn't TOO bad, I could eat that if I was starving, but when it comes to bean dips I like black bean or refried beans dip far better.
I tried to make fafalel once and it was an epic fail!
06-14-2015, 10:34 PM   #17643
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Non ... malheureusement.

The French are getting fat. I can really see it now as opposed to ten, fifteen or twenty years ago ...
06-15-2015, 02:53 AM   #17644
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Hate to burst your bubble, but I've eaten food before, and hummus ain't food.
Because it's better than food? Other than that, the whole Middle East and North Africa beg to differ

06-15-2015, 06:27 AM   #17645
Veteran Member

Real food, as promised.
Hickory wood smoked, charcoal grilled, cheddar bratwurst & ground beef meatloaf, with sharp cheddar cheese and fried egg breakfast sandwich.
No chickpeas were harmed in the making of this sandwich.

06-15-2015, 09:39 AM   #17646
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Because it's better than food? Other than that, the whole Middle East and North Africa beg to differ
Amen, sir. It's been a while since I've had hummus, but only because I broke my blender.
06-15-2015, 09:56 AM   #17647
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
Amen, sir. It's been a while since I've had hummus, but only because I broke my blender.
I have heard that hummus is pretty tough stuff ... no wonder your blender went south.

06-15-2015, 10:10 AM   #17648
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Real food, as promised.
Hickory wood smoked, charcoal grilled, cheddar bratwurst & ground beef meatloaf, with sharp cheddar cheese and fried egg breakfast sandwich.
No chickpeas were harmed in the making of this sandwich.
That white bread shouldn't happen to be (shudders) sweetened, should it? One of those horrible, traumatising, straight-out-of-hell awful memories from my visits to the Land of the Fries is the gut-wrenching sweetened spongy stuff with no structure whatsoever presented as bread. Just the thought of it makes me feel sick.

I mean, it may look like bread, at a distance, but there stops all and any resemblance. Sweetened sponge is not bread! It's a crime.

Sweetened, for crying out loud
06-15-2015, 10:15 AM   #17649
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
That white bread shouldn't happen to be (shudders) sweetened, should it? One of those horrible, traumatising, straight-out-of-hell awful memories from my visits to the Land of the Fries is the gut-wrenching sweetened spongy stuff with no structure whatsoever presented as bread. Just the thought of it makes me feel sick.

I mean, it may look like bread, at a distance, but there stops all and any resemblance. Sweetened sponge is not bread! It's a crime.

French Fries ... or the Land of Sweet Tea ... ?

06-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #17650
Veteran Member

I'm not much of a tea of coffee person, but I particularly detest sweet tea. It's like tea flavored sugar water. AWFUL...
06-15-2015, 11:14 AM   #17651
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Just seen your race car... You want my license plate to match it?
Why, of course!

I actually collect license plates. I have them from all over the world, although I do not have at least one from every country yet. I have a few that have the number of my car, but none that have the number and some form of reference to the year, make and model, i.e "Z", and/or "240" (the car was originally a 1971 Datsun 240Z)
06-15-2015, 11:17 AM   #17652
Veteran Member

I love coffee and tea, but sweet tea is disgusting to me.
06-15-2015, 11:23 AM   #17653
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

. . . . . . . . straight-out-of-hell awful memories from my visits to the Land of the Fries . . . . . . . .
Belgium?
06-15-2015, 11:26 AM   #17654
Veteran Member

It's from Italian bakery, heck if I know if it's sweetened or not, just know it's damn good bread.
06-15-2015, 11:27 AM   #17655
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

(eggs poached in a stew of tomatoes, . . . . . . . . . . )
Eggs?

I thought vegetarians didn't eat eggs?

Also, I need to learn more about food photography - these pictures are utterly embarrassing ...
Lighting is everything. Natural lighting through a window just doesn't cut it, even when a reflector is used. I have a "light tent" that unfolds to create a box, the fabric is white. There are two lights that can be placed on the outside, using one or both, to help fully illuminate the subject. There are also several different colored pieces of a felt type material to use as a backdrop or to cover a pedestal when placing the subject inside the cube.

It is a great setup, and helps to evenly illuminate a subject and get the exposure perfect. The one I have is about 40cm to 50cm, similar to the one below.