Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108794 Likes Search this Thread
06-22-2015, 10:09 AM   #17776
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
The Namib is definitely my favourite!

But hey, Kalahari is high on my to-do list.
Mh, to be honest I've been to none of the ones I listed personally Only saw the Sahara on a fly-over. I'll tell you my thoughts on the Namib in about four weeks when I'm back from Namibia

06-22-2015, 10:52 AM   #17777
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I really should go down to our local desert one of these days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_of_Maine
06-22-2015, 12:25 PM   #17778
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
17,765 posts and this thread is still alive !! ???
Define alive...

Steve
06-22-2015, 12:33 PM   #17779
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I really should go down to our local desert one of these days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_of_Maine
That's interesting Jody. The "desert" of Maine is a clear example of how careless land use by humans can have a deleterious effect on the flora and fauna.

Perhaps one day the vegetation that is being allowed to grow back will return the land to its original state.

And until then I will not be able to buy a K3.

06-22-2015, 12:40 PM   #17780
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Very interesting! Yes, No. 5 does the trick!
But.

Would you save the pecan pie for 'later'?
06-22-2015, 12:41 PM   #17781
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

The Ute is my 'favourite'.

06-22-2015, 01:09 PM   #17782
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Mh, to be honest I've been to none of the ones I listed personally Only saw the Sahara on a fly-over. I'll tell you my thoughts on the Namib in about four weeks when I'm back from Namibia
I've never been there midwinter. Hope you won't freeze too much

The temperature in Windhoek isn't much higher than here right now - and no rain to... umm... warm you up

06-22-2015, 01:10 PM   #17783
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
That's interesting Jody. The "desert" of Maine is a clear example of how careless land use by humans can have a deleterious effect on the flora and fauna.

Perhaps one day the vegetation that is being allowed to grow back will return the land to its original state.

And until then I will not be able to buy a K3.
So you plan to buy a K-3??!

06-22-2015, 01:18 PM   #17784
Veteran Member

I've never been there midwinter. Hope you won't freeze too much

The temperature in Windhoek isn't much higher than here right now - and no rain to... umm... warm you up
Yes, very nice. Etosha has between 22 and 30°C daytime highs, perfect. Over here in Western Germany it's extremely rainy right now - had 15°C today and my parents turned the heating back on. In Scotland we'd get out the shorts at this temperature
06-22-2015, 01:29 PM   #17785
Veteran Member

Yes, very nice. Etosha has between 22 and 30°C daytime highs, perfect. Over here in Western Germany it's extremely rainy right now - had 15°C today and my parents turned the heating back on. In Scotland we'd get out the shorts at this temperature
It was 20ºC in trondheim today. I miss winter.
06-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #17786
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Damn, been to Etosha thrice, but now I want to go back again... Are you going self-drive or organised? No matter - just make sure you get up early. Leave camp as soon as they let you. It's definitely the best time of day, even though (and because) it can be quite chilly. The afternoons are nice, too, but the interesting stuff always start happening just when you have to head back to camp...

Did I mention that I want to go back?
06-22-2015, 01:38 PM   #17787
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
It was 20ºC in trondheim today. I miss winter.
H.. Wuh?

You miss winter? How? No, I mean, those words just don't make sense when put together that way.
06-22-2015, 01:46 PM   #17788
Pentaxian

H.. Wuh?

You miss winter? How? No, I mean, those words just don't make sense when put together that way.
Sure they do... We lived in Nebraska for 27 yrs, moved to Pugetropolis 5 yrs ago. Where I grew up. And - the one thing I really miss most about NE is those lovely brisk High Plains winters... I mean really, what's a winter if you can't get frostbite from a 5-minute exposure?? Snow that falls softly and vertical from the sky, not whipped along horizontally?? Temps so warm that the precip falls as RAIN?!?!?

I could become a "reverse snowbird" easily. Spend winter there, and come back here for the summers

Jim
06-22-2015, 01:50 PM   #17789
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Sure they do... We lived in Nebraska for 27 yrs, moved to Pugetropolis 5 yrs ago. Where I grew up. And - the one thing I really miss most about NE is those lovely brisk High Plains winters... I mean really, what's a winter if you can't get frostbite from a 5-minute exposure?? Snow that falls softly and vertical from the sky, not whipped along horizontally?? Temps so warm that the precip falls as RAIN?!?!?

I could become a "reverse snowbird" easily. Spend winter there, and come back here for the summers
Jim. You need to take your medication. Now.

Please?
06-22-2015, 01:57 PM   #17790
Pentaxian

My dads family is from Georgia, and now I live in Near North Canada. My dad thought all Canadian water was cold an wouldn't swim in it, even in lake Erie. I don't know what was wrong with him. MY kids growing up in the north, used to swim in ice melt waters. I guess it's all what you're used to. That being said, you aren't healthy if you don't get out in the real cold every now and then.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »