Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
07-07-2015, 05:55 AM   #18076
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
He's still around. He still thinks that once he's posted in a thread he owns the thread and has complete control over what may and may not be posted, and by whom; but he's still around.
He does kind of consider himself to be god's gift to humanity. I had no idea he ever took it that far. I wonder if he bought a K-3? Maybe the evil hociR influenced his mind.

07-07-2015, 12:37 PM   #18077
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
He does kind of consider himself to be god's gift to humanity. I had no idea he ever took it that far. I wonder if he bought a K-3? Maybe the evil hociR influenced his mind.

That view of himself is expressed in the username.
07-07-2015, 04:06 PM   #18078
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
It's real bad when a NZer mistakes me for a NZer, all based on how I talk. And I do not hev an NZ accent.
Sumfink tells me you may be hevving me on!

---------- Post added 07-08-15 at 11:06 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Ladies and gentlemen: A man who knows when to not throw rocks
LOL!!
07-07-2015, 09:09 PM   #18079
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Sumfink tells me you may be hevving me on!

Truly, I am not hevving you on. I kiwi in Auckland asked me once if I was from NZ based on my accent, allegedly.

At least another time I visited Auckland I got free treatment at the hospital. The travel insurance only had to pay the ambulance, from the airport, the taxi back and the re-booking costs to get home. That was nice of those from your side of the water.

07-08-2015, 02:33 AM   #18080
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Truly, I am not hevving you on. I kiwi in Auckland asked me once if I was from NZ based on my accent, allegedly.

At least another time I visited Auckland I got free treatment at the hospital. The travel insurance only had to pay the ambulance, from the airport, the taxi back and the re-booking costs to get home. That was nice of those from your side of the water.
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant, LOL. Good to see my tax money working so well, LOL.
07-08-2015, 04:51 AM   #18081
Pentaxian

On my next trip there, for a little consulting job, I heard that was a politically very sensitive matter. Australia treats NZers like Australians, so you have pay in our hospitals.

This special relationship of the countries has some really bizarre other effects, but too complicated to explain here.
07-08-2015, 01:16 PM - 4 Likes   #18082
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

After following this thread from the beginning I finally think I have something worthwhile to contribute because there is cheese in it and a real king! A combination that was missing until now... I know the subject of cheese (and stuff that looks like it) has been extensively talked about here but I somehow think the right amount of attention for Dutch cheese has been lacking. So I give you King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands between cheeses and a piece of cheese in his hand (which he later ate)!

(Taken with a K-5.) Sorry for the interruption. Carry on please!

07-08-2015, 04:08 PM - 1 Like   #18083
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
Carry on please!
Pretty sure you meant carry on nurse.

07-08-2015, 05:33 PM - 1 Like   #18084
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Fries, welcome to the thread that should never have started, never should have been allowed to continue, but refuses to die.
Your contribution is welcome and I see that you have already endeared yourself to our dearly loved moderator who has given you a 'like'.
You did mention a camera in your post, but as the Mod has said before 'one small infraction is forgivable" (or words like that) so you are safe for now.
But be warned that Pollux, no, Parallel, no, Parallax (yes) can be severe at times.
07-08-2015, 05:36 PM   #18085
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No pun intended, LOL!
07-08-2015, 05:55 PM - 1 Like   #18086
Veteran Member

My Chinese wife relayed 2 fun jokes she found on the local variation on twitter today, concerning the awesome plummeting of the Chinese stock market:

If you are going to throw yourself off a building, you'd better hurry, because by tomorrow the carpet of dead bodies on the floor will soften your fall.

And a food related one, I know that always pleases this crowd:

Last month, I ate whatever luxury food I wanted, and so did my dog.
This month, me and my dog both eat dog food.
Next month, I will eat the dog
07-08-2015, 06:32 PM   #18087
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bagga_Txips Quote
My Chinese wife relayed 2 fun jokes she found on the local variation on twitter today, concerning the awesome plummeting of the Chinese stock market:

If you are going to throw yourself off a building, you'd better hurry, because by tomorrow the carpet of dead bodies on the floor will soften your fall.

And a food related one, I know that always pleases this crowd:

Last month, I ate whatever luxury food I wanted, and so did my dog.
This month, me and my dog both eat dog food.
Next month, I will eat the dog
Does dog taste like bacon? I doubt it...
07-08-2015, 09:48 PM - 1 Like   #18088
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Fries, welcome to the thread that should never have started, never should have been allowed to continue, but refuses to die.
Your contribution is welcome and I see that you have already endeared yourself to our dearly loved moderator who has given you a 'like'.
You did mention a camera in your post, but as the Mod has said before 'one small infraction is forgivable" (or words like that) so you are safe for now.
But be warned that Pollux, no, Parallel, no, Parallax (yes) can be severe at times.
Parachutemax can (will?) correct correct me if I'm out of line, but cameras are OK to mention in this thread, as long as they don't have the live hicoR mark on them. As a K-5 owner, along with the camera that must not be named, I can confirm there is no mark that would shame it in this thread. I realize I am very close to crossing the line here, so I will promptly submit to 10 lashes with a Canikon neck strap. Dipped in butter, of course. Does anyone have any bacon?
07-09-2015, 03:28 AM   #18089
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cbope Quote
10 lashes with a Canikon neck strap. Dipped in butter, of course. Does anyone have any bacon?
Kinky! (Be that Kinky in Helsinki?)
07-09-2015, 03:36 AM - 1 Like   #18090
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
After following this thread from the beginning I finally think I have something worthwhile to contribute because there is cheese in it and a real king! A combination that was missing until now... I know the subject of cheese (and stuff that looks like it) has been extensively talked about here but I somehow think the right amount of attention for Dutch cheese has been lacking. So I give you King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands between cheeses and a piece of cheese in his hand (which he later ate)!

(Taken with a K-5.) Sorry for the interruption. Carry on please!
I want one of those crystal cheese-holder stands.

NB : Both have cheese in hand ... so, is this another evil twin thing (again ) ....
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »