Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108811 Likes Search this Thread
09-19-2015, 08:37 AM - 1 Like   #18871
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Can we hit 20,000 posts by the 10th of next month? It would seem like a fitting tribute.

09-19-2015, 08:39 AM   #18872
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
...and a black marker pen?
No. that would be silly.
We'll include a roll of gaffer's tape. Well, not a whole roll. Maybe LaurenOE will donate a small strip.
09-19-2015, 08:46 AM - 1 Like   #18873
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote

good God , it is still going...........
The original concept was so strong, it's withstood the ravages of time.

So, strong that many of us who bought a K-3 still check in from time to time.

The original concept of not buying a K-3 cannot be even be a bit diminished by actually buying one.

Though often some of us who did feel guilty.

Not me, I already had a K-3 when the thread started. I got grandfathered.

Honest, I have never bought another K-3, so no guilt, I was duped by hociR before the word got out. I'm the victim here.
09-19-2015, 08:51 AM   #18874
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Like Banquet fried chicken, right?
Isn't mystery meat wonderful! You don't need to worry, after all...."Parts is parts!"

Regards!

09-19-2015, 09:02 AM   #18875
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Can we hit 20,000 posts by the 10th of next month? It would seem like a fitting tribute.
Sure, should be easy enough. Especially if I remind myself to stick to prudish American norms and don't get my posts removed
09-19-2015, 09:09 AM   #18876
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Isn't mystery meat wonderful! You don't need to worry, after all...."Parts is parts!"

HYSTERICAL 80's Wendy's Commercial: "Parts is Parts" - YouTube

Regards!
That is so funny.....

Guess why they don't run that anymore...

They sell parts.
09-19-2015, 09:13 AM   #18877
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Especially if I remind myself to stick to prudish American norms and don't get my posts removed

Last edited by Parallax; 09-19-2015 at 09:20 AM.
09-19-2015, 09:26 AM   #18878
Veteran Member

Sure, should be easy enough. Especially if I remind myself to stick to prudish American norms and don't get my posts removed
There is always a first time for everything!
09-19-2015, 09:53 AM - 1 Like   #18879
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
That's pretty decent mileage!

Interesting.

You and I both read, write speak English.

But.

For you, the metric system is how life is quantified, measured.

In my world it is that weird method of feet, inches and MILES.

So.

Why is it that the word MILEAGE is used to relate the idea of distance? Why not something more metric?

Say, KILOMETERAGE?

METERAGE maybe?

I dunno, it just doesn't sound right.

Never mind!
09-19-2015, 09:56 AM   #18880
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cbope Quote
There is always a first time for everything!
Umm, not quite...

@Parallax, not this thread this time - and I don't mean to complain, it was quite right to remove it.
09-19-2015, 09:57 AM - 1 Like   #18881
Veteran Member

Here is my favorite gourmet cheese delight recipe. One of those little ....wait...let me come back later with a photo that will do it justice!
I promised the other day to get back with photos, but had to wait to prepare this delicious meal until I could get my blood pressure down to at least 190/102. Just got it down a couple of points below that, so I ran for the ingredients and put it all together!

This may be one of the finest treats on earth, I swear it is often better than a big ribeye steak....and so cheap...and so fast and easy to prepare!

First...the needed ingredients.

Carefully open the little packet of secret herbs and spices and mix well.....add just enough water to cover the noodles. Heat in microwave one minute. Do not bring to a boil, it isn't necessary. Don't spill out those herbs and spices, they are terrific! Not sure what they are, but it says "parts of other parts" on the package?

Remove from microwave and add delicious Velveeta.....either chunky or sliced.....two slices is best....three even better!
Stir well until blended.

Add Ritz crackers...I usually just crush them in my hands and stir them in the mix. You can use the low sodium-low fat Ritz if you are some kind of health nut, but since the noodles have a weeks worth of sodium and fat on their own...what's the point?

For breakfast as in this morning, I have milk with my meal. However, for evening dining a good wine goes nicely with the gourmet serving. I got this delicious Merlot at Aldi's on sale for $1.89.......The noodles were 5 packs for $1. and the Velveeta about .29 cents a slice......You can see, not only is it delicious, it is a dirt cheap meal! Now wonder it is the most eaten meals on college campuses all across America!

Try it...you can't go wrong and you might even become as addicted as millions of others that love fine dining delights!

Regards!

Oh yes...it does carry that Otis Seal of Approval!
09-19-2015, 10:02 AM   #18882
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Maybe we should all chip in and buy him a K-3?

Maybe Adam and Ole could have a contest!

He still checks in occasionally.

Proof that he still loves us, and our beloved Pentax cameras.

His last logon was yesterday.

He just can't stay away.
09-19-2015, 10:09 AM   #18883
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Interesting.

You and I both read, write speak English.

But.

For you, the metric system is how life is quantified, measured.

In my world it is that weird method of feet, inches and MILES.

So.

Why is it that the word MILEAGE is used to relate the idea of distance? Why not something more metric?

Say, KILOMETERAGE?

METERAGE maybe?

I dunno, it just doesn't sound right.

Never mind!
It seems meterage already has another meaning

Btw, in Norway and Sweden we do use miles as well, but quite a different one equalling 10 kilometres. As always, our infallible friend Wikipedia has more.
09-19-2015, 10:15 AM - 1 Like   #18884
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I promised the other day to get back with photos, but had to wait to prepare this delicious meal until I could get my blood pressure down to at least 190/102. Just got it down a couple of points below that, so I ran for the ingredients and put it all together!

This may be one of the finest treats on earth, I swear it is often better than a big ribeye steak....and so cheap...and so fast and easy to prepare!

First...the needed ingredients.

Carefully open the little packet of secret herbs and spices and mix well.....add just enough water to cover the noodles. Heat in microwave one minute. Do not bring to a boil, it isn't necessary. Don't spill out those herbs and spices, they are terrific! Not sure what they are, but it says "parts of other parts" on the package?

Remove from microwave and add delicious Velveeta.....either chunky or sliced.....two slices is best....three even better!
Stir well until blended.

Add Ritz crackers...I usually just crush them in my hands and stir them in the mix. You can use the low sodium-low fat Ritz if you are some kind of health nut, but since the noodles have a weeks worth of sodium and fat on their own...what's the point?

For breakfast as in this morning, I have milk with my meal. However, for evening dining a good wine goes nicely with the gourmet serving. I got this delicious Merlot at Aldi's on sale for $1.89.......The noodles were 5 packs for $1. and the Velveeta about .29 cents a slice......You can see, not only is it delicious, it is a dirt cheap meal! Now wonder it is the most eaten meals on college campuses all across America!

Try it...you can't go wrong and you might even become as addicted as millions of others that love fine dining delights!

Regards!

Oh yes...it does carry that Otis Seal of Approval!
Okay, for those ingredients I have slightly altered recipe:
Throw away, in an approved biohazard container, everything but the wine and the Ritz crackers.
Slice to medium thickness (1/8 inch or so) some ghost pepper jack cheese to go with the Ritz.

Open the wine.
Enjoy
09-19-2015, 12:04 PM   #18885
Veteran Member

Okay, for those ingredients I have slightly altered recipe:
Throw away, in an approved biohazard container, everything but the wine and the Ritz crackers.
Slice to medium thickness (1/8 inch or so) some ghost pepper jack cheese to go with the Ritz.
Some know great gourmet meals on the cheap and some don't. It just leaves more Ramen noodles and Velveeta for those that do. For a time last year, Creamy Chicken Ramen was very hard to find, it was almost impossible. There was such a shortage that I was forced into the black market on the black web and had to pay over a dollar a pack for it, but along with millions of others, I gladly did! Fortunately, there has never been a Velveeta shortage. Kraft knows it would cause national rioting and could even bring down the governing party in control of....not governing.

Another way to look at it...if I just stuck to my gourmet meal above for six months, eating and drinking nothing else, I would save
more than enough to pay for that new Bigma I just bought, and would not have to lower my high standards by stealing from Mrs Rupert to pay for it. All the while...enjoying great gourmet meals every day....or at lest until my heart exploded!

Regards!