Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108806 Likes Search this Thread
10-01-2015, 03:43 AM   #19426
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
One of which is directly relevant to the topic of these forums
You're a Velveeta salesperson?!

Maybe I'm just not awesome enough to participate in this thread anymore? Although, I notice that the fox seems to be posting about as often as me...
The fox's semester started, he is preparing his dissertation and yesterday he spent the whole day rock climbing and taking pictures of it with ... never mind, just some random camera.

But that reminds me, I should get a job ...

10-01-2015, 03:56 AM   #19427
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
You have to wonder if our current king John of Poitires would do better than John I did back in the days
Hey, smarty-pants ... we won this one earlier.

In French, it's referred to as the "Battle of Poitiers" ... but Wiki in English calls it the "Battle of Tours" ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tours
10-01-2015, 04:00 AM   #19428
Pentaxian

You have to wonder if our current king John of Poitires would do better than John I did back in the days
Long live King John of Poitiers !!! *

* (Rinse and repeat, as always)

10-01-2015, 04:24 AM   #19429
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
The fox's semester started, he is preparing his dissertation and yesterday he spent the whole day rock climbing and taking pictures of it with ... never mind, just some random camera.
Rock climbing? lucky bastard. Setting foot outside right now is kind of like what I imagine being caught in the propellers of a boat would be like, so climbing (really any outdoor activity aside from commuting to uni) is kind of off the menu.

10-01-2015, 04:48 AM   #19430
Veteran Member

Rock climbing? lucky bastard. Setting foot outside right now is kind of like what I imagine being caught in the propellers of a boat would be like, so climbing (really any outdoor activity aside from commuting to uni) is kind of off the menu.
Oh, that must suck. For us yesterday near Crieff the weather was better than in the summer - we climbed in the glaring sun at 21°C. In late September. In Scotland

I'll add a couple of pictures later.
10-01-2015, 07:02 AM   #19431
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
glaring sun
What is this 'sun' thing you speak of? We've had heavy overcast or clouds and rain for eleven straight days, and NOW there's a hurricane moving up the coast. Some claimed to have seen the sun for a few minutes yesterday, but they were immediately labeled liars and braggarts.

Last edited by THoog; 10-01-2015 at 07:20 AM.
10-01-2015, 07:48 AM   #19432
Pentaxian

Weather report for Tromso looks pretty decent - mild temps, a bit of liquid sunshine, no wind. Is the boat's engine stalled and the propellors not spinning?

I thought you were working on building a multidimensional transfrobbulator assembly so you can keep up with this thread whilst doing other, more mundane activities like eating, sleeping, that sort of thing... Rocket science, that's so yesterday... <grin>

10-01-2015, 08:36 AM   #19433
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Weather report for Tromso looks pretty decent - mild temps, a bit of liquid sunshine, no wind. Is the boat's engine stalled and the propellors not spinning?

I thought you were working on building a multidimensional transfrobbulator assembly so you can keep up with this thread whilst doing other, more mundane activities like eating, sleeping, that sort of thing... Rocket science, that's so yesterday... <grin>
What alternate dimension are you reading the weather forecast for? We're in autumn storm season! Bus shelters are being blown down, and on tuesday they had to close one of the bridges!
10-01-2015, 08:41 AM   #19434
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
............ Bus shelters are being blown down, and on tuesday they had to close one of the bridges!
That sounds like the gentle zephyrs we get around here. We had a storm a month or so back that had sustained winds in excess of 60kts with gusts over 70.
Windy enough to blow a dog off a chain.
10-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #19435
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Sad News to Report

As it turns out, there is a thread on the forum that has a higher post count than this one.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/77...uick-game.html

Of course, it is 4 years older than this one.
10-01-2015, 09:27 AM   #19436
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
As it turns out, there is a thread on the forum that has a higher post count than this one.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/77...uick-game.html

...and at the rate @noelcmn and @WPRESTO keep going in that thread I'm not sure it's possible to ever catch up
10-01-2015, 09:29 AM   #19437
Pentaxian

Well, I wasn't going to mention that, because I post there often ... a lot less than I used to do.

The best way to neutralize that thread would be to somehow block WPRESTO's and noelcmn's Internet access.

Any good "hackers" here ...
10-01-2015, 09:32 AM   #19438
Veteran Member

not to worry, we'll ketchup.

10-01-2015, 09:33 AM   #19439
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What? This aggression will not stand!

...and at the rate @noelcmn and @WPRESTO keep going in that thread I'm not sure it's possible to ever catch up
They've only got ~22,000 posts in six years, and we're closing in on 20,000 for the 2nd Hocirversary festivities. We could easily pass them by Christmas...
10-01-2015, 09:33 AM   #19440
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

That sounds like the gentle zephyrs we get around here. We had a storm a month or so back that had sustained winds in excess of 60kts with gusts over 70.
Windy enough to blow a dog off a chain.
70 kts? About the same as Zoe is experiencing these days, then - 30-35 m/s. The bus shelters up there are quite tough