Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
10-10-2015, 04:57 PM   #20086
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Good thing that it is October and 5 o'clock somewhere...
If the bottle's label concerns you, you could've started drinking on 19 September and you should've stopped by now

10-10-2015, 05:12 PM   #20087
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
and you should've stopped by now
Stopped What? it is the hallowed month!
edit: the label is perfectly fine

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 10-10-2015 at 05:17 PM.
10-10-2015, 08:17 PM   #20088
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Wee need to get Chiranjeevi and Radha involved, they can save animals, maybe they can save us from that livE hociR!
?My eyes hurt! What have I just seen?? - Livingword
I fear we have somehow slipped back a couple hundred posts to the forest mushrooms that you probably shouldn't eat...
10-10-2015, 10:33 PM   #20089
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I think the glass I'll raise later will contain some (not so cheap) South African red.

Although, I do have a bottle or two from Châteauneuf-du-Pape, too. It may not be a well known fact, but the French do actually make some rather nice wines - and this one is not half bad. I suppose I should try some French cheese some day too. Could be they aren't too bad, either. Who knows...
We had these two Friday night. Not bad at all. The Yquem was particularly stunning. Honey coloured with just a hint of botritis. The Margaux was past it's prime, but still good about an hour after decanting. Just opened, it was vile. The Yquem is as old as me!

Last edited by MarkJerling; 02-02-2016 at 01:13 PM.
10-10-2015, 10:38 PM   #20090
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And. sorry - those are cheap Windows Phone photos.
10-10-2015, 11:18 PM   #20091
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
those are cheap Windows Phone photos.
you should be sorry.

and you will be after the RU world cup final!
10-11-2015, 12:44 AM   #20092
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Spreading what around the house? "Medical" photos?!
No! Oh no! Never take NSFW pictures. Those were two distinct posts.

All the stuff from a house to be spread around my new house. The old house was much bigger than the new one. Still a few boxes to unpack. But some of the stuff is just in piles around the house. House looks chaotic.

Got the washing machine to work so now can was and spin dry clothes - they dry much quicker than hand wringing. A couple of pieces of furniture were damaged. At least they are standard models so should be easy to get quotes for the insurance process.

---------- Post added 10-11-15 at 06:21 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
you should be sorry.

One more step on the way to the final. Wales downed. Probably hear more about that today from the people who were not so happy after some white clad rugby players scored less than the Australians a little over a week ago.

10-11-2015, 11:16 AM   #20093
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Wales downed.
Wailing in Wales? Is that the same as Welsh whaling?

Steve
10-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #20094
Pentaxian

I am pleased. The result was what I want. I was busy with other things yesterday and only heard a few scores along the way. Today I saw a friend who said none of the players tried, or did I misunderstand his language?
10-11-2015, 11:51 AM   #20095
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
We had these two Friday night. Not bad at all. The Yquem was particularly stunning. Honey coloured with just a hint of botritis. The Margaux was past it's prime, but still good about an hour after decanting. Just opened, it was vile. The Yquem is as old as me!
Those are quite nice and glad that you enjoyed them ... I rarely drink anything that "old". But, once and while, I do treat myself to a nice bottle with friends.

The "young & cheap" stuff is usually my latest kick ... I have been in a Bordeaux "rut" for a while now, so a change is order ...Bourgueil time maybe ?! It's just north of me and I can get a lot of local producers easily ... on verra.

10-11-2015, 02:47 PM   #20096
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I am pleased. The result was what I want. I was busy with other things yesterday and only heard a few scores along the way. Today I saw a friend who said none of the players tried, or did I misunderstand his language?
As I understand it, down to 13 men, the defence was awesome.

Wales crossed the line three times but weren't allowed to put the ball down.
10-11-2015, 04:58 PM   #20097
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
you should be sorry.
LOL! Note that I have the advantage of being able to back eithe the All Blacks or the Springboks!
10-11-2015, 05:04 PM   #20098
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Those are quite nice and glad that you enjoyed them ... I rarely drink anything that "old". But, once and while, I do treat myself to a nice bottle with friends.

The "young & cheap" stuff is usually my latest kick ... I have been in a Bordeaux "rut" for a while now, so a change is order ...Bourgueil time maybe ?! It's just north of me and I can get a lot of local producers easily ... on verra.
Yes, we're usually only drinking "young and cheap" but now and then the opportunity for something better comes along. We still have some old Champagne to deal to as well. That can often be quite delightful too. I also have a bit of South African red stored away - mainly 1996 - 2005, so we need to get to those. Some age remarkably well, others not.
10-11-2015, 06:54 PM - 1 Like   #20099
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Saw a K-3 "in the wild" today. I'd spotted a camera with a green-ring lens, so I snuck closer to see which model it was. The rubber seal on the bottom and battery door said K-7, 5, or 3 - finally I saw the "bulge" on the left side. I quickly averted my eyes and ran screaming before the sign of the hociR could reveal itself.

The irony was she was shooting a "plastic fantastic" lens on a K-3, and I was shooting Limited glass on a K-S1. It takes all kinds, I guess - and that is why I won't buy a K-3.
10-12-2015, 12:06 AM   #20100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Saw a K-3 "in the wild" today. I'd spotted a camera with a green-ring lens, so I snuck closer to see which model it was. The rubber seal on the bottom and battery door said K-7, 5, or 3 - finally I saw the "bulge" on the left side. I quickly averted my eyes and ran screaming before the sign of the hociR could reveal itself.

The irony was she was shooting a "plastic fantastic" lens on a K-3, and I was shooting Limited glass on a K-S1. It takes all kinds, I guess - and that is why I won't buy a K-3.
Hey! I shoot a plastic fantastic 35 on my *cough* K-mumble. It's a good little lens!