Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
10-26-2015, 08:16 AM   #20431
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Haters just don't let up.....

"New York–based dietitian and Living a Real Life With Real Food author Beth Warren tells Cosmopolitan, “The realist is that American Cheese is not ‘cheese’ at all. It’s a factory creation of a cheese-like food made from a blend of milk fats, solids, some whey protein, emulsifiers, and food coloring.” Does that sound like a healthy mix of natural food to ingest into your body? No, it doesn’t. We suggest cutting the orange block of mystery substance out of your diet and opting for a healthier cheese option, like Pecorino Romano, ricotta, or aged cheddar. Unlike American cheese, aged cheddar offers a more natural combination of ingredients and, according to Jim White, R.D., spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, it contains relatively low levels of lactose."

Thank goodness I don't crave "American Cheese" and stick to wholesome Velveeta. Next thing you know they will be attacking bacon.

Regards!

10-26-2015, 08:42 AM   #20432
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
Next thing you know they will be attacking bacon.
There was a story on CBS this morning about how processed meat (hot dogs, sausage, bacon, etc.) Slightly increase the risk of some cancers.
10-26-2015, 08:52 AM - 2 Likes   #20433
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Life slightly increases the risk of some cancers.
10-26-2015, 08:54 AM - 1 Like   #20434
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
There was a story on CBS this morning about how processed meat (hot dogs, sausage, bacon, etc.) Slightly increase the risk of some cancers.
Blame the World Health Organization. They also suggested that red meat in general is likely carcinogenic as well.

I can already hear the hordes of self-righteous vegans pounding the keys of their cheap laptops busily reposting inaccurate claims to Facebook and twitter.* (Minions of the hociR tasked with distracting us from the righteous quest.)

Steve

* But not here...we don't allow political stuff here...

10-26-2015, 08:56 AM - 2 Likes   #20435
Veteran Member

Yeah, but it's mainly in rats....so we have little worry...right?

Regards!
10-26-2015, 08:56 AM - 1 Like   #20436
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Indeed! I read a very compelling report in the Journal of Embalment and Mortuary practice on exactly that topic.

Probably the most damaging aspect of the Western Diet is the tendency to extend life to the extent that cancer becomes prevalent.

Steve
10-26-2015, 09:23 AM   #20437
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Probably the most damaging aspect of the Western Diet is the tendency to extend life to the extent that cancer becomes prevalent.
Yes, I saw a report a couple weeks ago that said (in much nicer terms) that if we'd just die or be eaten by predators in the reproductive years like we're supposed to, we wouldn't have so many health problems.

10-26-2015, 10:28 AM   #20438
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Well,I for one am not going to let that happen!

This is a snack I made today involving real cheese and enough bacon to give the heart some exercise.

10-26-2015, 10:30 AM - 1 Like   #20439
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Yes, I saw a report a couple weeks ago that said (in much nicer terms) that if we'd just die or be eaten by predators in the reproductive years like we're supposed to, we wouldn't have so many health problems.
...which is why I'm going on yet another safari
10-26-2015, 10:31 AM - 2 Likes   #20440
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Research causes cancer in laboratory animals.
10-26-2015, 12:29 PM   #20441
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I'm not even entertaining a win, just happy if it isn't a shellacking.
I mean it is a game that they need to win, no repecharge chance.

---------- Post added 10-27-15 at 06:03 AM ----------

The Beeb said, tonight, that bacon, at 50g per day, increases the risk of colon cancer by 20%. So that means bacon lovers will have to remove colons from their typing?

---------- Post added 10-27-15 at 06:10 AM ----------

On my way home from work today I stopped off at Tadpole Bridge, just near the Trout, which is currently closed for building works. The blackberries in the hedgerow were full, and black and lusciously sweet. Best I have tasted for years. Made me think of the late pick grapes, fulll of sugar that make those lovely late pick desert wines. A good one I had was a Bethany late pick riesling that i had cellared for 10 years.
10-26-2015, 12:56 PM - 1 Like   #20442
Pentaxian

They got it all bass-ackwards.

It's eating those mutant arms and legs sticking out of the bacon that causes cancer.

Really, what kind of an idiot would eat something like that ... or frog legs ?!

Bacon Causes Cancer | The Physicians Committee

10-26-2015, 02:06 PM - 1 Like   #20443
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Then red wine's bad for you, then next, it's good - in moderation. First butter was the killer- now it's margarine. Good ol' ordinary Coke was full of sugar - now the artificial sweeteners in Coke Zero get's a bad rap. If you don't die from anything else, then cancer will get you in the end. That's life. Cancer sucks. But, as someone once said: "Life is a terminal disease."
10-26-2015, 03:42 PM   #20444
Veteran Member

I believe you don't die from carrots. Unless you choke on one.

Water, too, seems to be very healthy. Unless it takes the wrong tube into your body, of course.
10-26-2015, 06:01 PM - 1 Like   #20445
Veteran Member

My grandpa ate bacon...and eggs...every day of his life. When he was 97 his doctor told him pork, eggs and butter were bad for his health, so he stopped eating them. He died six months later. I'm pretty sure the healthy diet killed him?

Regards!