Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2015, 02:19 AM   #20626
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Oh, Mark, I didn't mean it as a double whammy!
Find NZ-Ross's party and try and cheer up.

(but I must repeat that this match is going particularly well)
I'll have another wine.

11-08-2015, 11:43 AM   #20627
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Oh, Mark, I didn't mean it as a double whammy!
Find NZ-Ross's party and try and cheer up.

(but I must repeat that this match is going particularly well)
Mark is hoping they will be saved by the rain.

Brings to mind a day in Adelaide in a previous Ashes series. Australia could not hold on to be saved by the rain. The last man got out, and then the rain came, probably before they even got to the boundary on the way off. It bucketed down, maybe 20mm in the rest of the afternoon.
11-08-2015, 04:13 PM - 1 Like   #20628
Veteran Member

Just came back from a weekend in the Cairngorms. Every year the Mountaineering Council of Scotland organises a weekend specifically for uni clubs to teach students proper practice and advanced skills in outdoor pursuits and rock climbing, and every club can send a couple of people. So another guy, a gal and I went up to Glenmore Lodge (Scotland's national outdoor training centre) in the Cairngorms and spent one day hiking around the hills learning navigation, and one day being taught top-roping, top-belaying, abseiling off a cliff etc. with some of the best mountaineers and outdoor experts in the UK. Was great fun to hang out with people from other uni clubs, listen to talks of people who had some pretty close calls in the past, check out the local Mountain Rescue base and their toys, and stuff ourselves on more cake than I care to admit

Now I want a Single Malt, but my bottle is empty Now what do I spend my minuscule savings on - a compressible down jacket or a bottle of Scotch?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
11-08-2015, 07:21 PM   #20629
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Mark is hoping they will be saved by the rain.

Brings to mind a day in Adelaide in a previous Ashes series. Australia could not hold on to be saved by the rain. The last man got out, and then the rain came, probably before they even got to the boundary on the way off. It bucketed down, maybe 20mm in the rest of the afternoon.
A nice 40 year old Champagne did the trick. Who cares about the cricket?!?! 208 runs though.

11-08-2015, 07:55 PM   #20630
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
A nice 40 year old Champagne did the trick. Who cares about the cricket?!?! 208 runs though.

There was an exhibition game of past players in New York at the weekend in the Mets stadium.

Shane Warne's face does still look as if someone did way too much noise reduction in Lightroom - link below.

Videos | cricket.com.au
11-08-2015, 10:50 PM   #20631
Pentaxian

I heard of it before it happened. It seems no-one in the street knew what it was or who Shane Warne is.

Interesting to reflect on. Seems like foreign graduates looking for work when their degree is from 'University of Never Heard of it Before' even if it is very famous where they came from.
11-08-2015, 11:56 PM   #20632
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Now I want a Single Malt, but my bottle is empty Now what do I spend my minuscule savings on - a compressible down jacket or a bottle of Scotch?
Oooh. That is a truly tough question. Down jackets are super useful, I pretty much have one in my backpack year round. But then also, scotch.

11-09-2015, 10:59 AM   #20633
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Now what do I spend my minuscule savings on - a compressible down jacket or a bottle of Scotch?
Both are reputed to keep you warm, though my bets would be on the jacket.

Steve
11-09-2015, 11:05 AM - 1 Like   #20634
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

To get back on topic...

Steve
11-09-2015, 12:54 PM   #20635
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Breaking News

I'm delighted to say it's a slow news day. This was a top-of-the-fold story on all the local news sites:

Ironically, the TV stations just posted text and a still image, while the newspaper site had video...
11-09-2015, 04:25 PM   #20636
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not buying the livE hociR because I had to build a win10 machine to replace my old XP-Pro that finally died on me
Attached Images

11-09-2015, 04:56 PM   #20637
Site Supporter

I've noticed something about the sale listings in our Marketplace. A lot of these listings have the boxes, papers, original caps, straps, all the miscellaneous cords. It's mind boggling. I'm pretty sure I lost the hot shoe cover within the first week & I'm certain that the little viewfinder cover was probably thrown out with the box...
11-09-2015, 05:22 PM   #20638
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I've noticed something about the sale listings in our Marketplace. A lot of these listings have the boxes, papers, original caps, straps, all the miscellaneous cords. It's mind boggling. I'm pretty sure I lost the hot shoe cover within the first week & I'm certain that the little viewfinder cover was probably thrown out with the box...
I have at least 3 of them floating around, you need one?
11-09-2015, 05:24 PM   #20639
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I'm delighted to say it's a slow news day. This was a top-of-the-fold story on all the local news sites:

Clayton Kitten Rescue - YouTube

Ironically, the TV stations just posted text and a still image, while the newspaper site had video...
No news is better than bad news...
11-09-2015, 05:30 PM   #20640
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I'm pretty sure I lost the hot shoe cover within the first week & I'm certain that the little viewfinder cover was probably thrown out with the box...
I wouldn't worry about it, Amy. It shouldn't hurt the resale value by more than a couple hundred dollars.