Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
12-13-2015, 02:13 PM   #21586
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
That's what kids are for!! I have lost much photographic treasure to my daughter when she "borrows" it, never to return!
That's all right, she'll be married off soon enough! And I flat out refused to do the wedding photos! No way!!
Danger, Will Robinson ! Danger !

Good decision.

It should be a day to enjoy (IMHO) without any pressure ... luckily, I am many a year away form that point ...

12-13-2015, 02:17 PM - 1 Like   #21587
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
luckily, I am many a year away form that point
It's coming!! And faster than you think! But first you have to survive the teens!!
12-13-2015, 02:23 PM   #21588
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
It's coming!! And faster than you think! But first you have to survive the teens!!
Today = 7.5, 10 & 14.5 ... all French girls.

I am in a "world of hurt" present & future near.

You understand now why I drown my sorrows in cheap Bordeaux ...
12-13-2015, 02:31 PM - 2 Likes   #21589
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You understand now why I drown my sorrows in cheap Bordeaux ...
Because with 3 daughters you can't afford the good stuff?

12-13-2015, 02:35 PM   #21590
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Because with 3 daughters you can't afford the good stuff?
Bingo !!!

We have a "wiener" ... say 'Bonne nuit', Jane ...

PS - Beer goggles are too easy ... wine goggles are for "pro's" ... à demain.
12-13-2015, 02:45 PM   #21591
Site Supporter

I only have the one daughter, thank you Jesus! But mine are all teenagers now. 16 year old son, 15 year old daughter & 13 year old son, who will be 14 in January. Their dad died last November & the youngest turned 13 in January. It's some kind of cosmic joke from the universe to leave me "in charge"!
12-13-2015, 02:46 PM   #21592
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

"She's a real 7 pinter"

Edit: Just to make it clear - I'm quoting, not commenting on anybody's daughter!

12-13-2015, 05:03 PM   #21593
Veteran Member

You understand now why I drown my sorrows in cheap Bordeaux
I would understand it if you were drinking malt liquor out a brown paper bag!!

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
It's some kind of cosmic joke from the universe to leave me "in charge"!
Life just sucks sometimes! But from your pics it looks like you have a good crop growing up right!!
P.S. If I were left in charge, my children would get power of atty behind my back and have me committed... Sounds like a good plan!
12-13-2015, 05:21 PM   #21594
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Our favourite right now is Muskoka Breweries. Upper Canada was bought out by one of the big breweries , they no longer make the dark, and the lager is brewed as an economy brand.

Muskoka Breweries on the other hand is a real custom brewery, with all decisions on production made on site usually by the brew master.

Muskoka Brewery | The Beers

The other Beer Company of note is Hockley Valley, we like everything they make.
Hockley Brewing Company | This is great beer.

Hockey Valley and Muskoka Brewery both have extremely clean clear water sources.

Our local beer store brings in the Hockley taster pack in, pretty much just for us. Although we've noticed others have started dipping into what we considered to be our private stock. We pick them up two at time so we don't have to argue over who gets what.
Our Beer | Hockley Brewing Company
Sorry to hear. The dark was a great beer.
12-13-2015, 08:46 PM   #21595
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

After a couple hours of wandering around in the dark in a crowded garden trying to shoot Christmas lights and coming up with numerous arguments FOR child abuse (maybe it's just the parents that needed to be abused - how hard is it to tell your kid not to climb over the chain and HANG on the decorations?), my hat is off to you parents.

This was one of the more humorous moments:

Grandma: "Hold my hand, or you have to get in the stroller."
2-year-old: Assorted sass and "no".
Young mother, walking a few paces behind with Grandpa and hearing sass: "Mom, do I need come up their to lay down the law?"
2-year-old: "YES!"
12-13-2015, 09:36 PM   #21596
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
arguments FOR child abuse
When I took my then 3 year old and 2 year old to the store, I told them if they touched anything they would die! What I got was them yelling "Touch it and die!" repeatedly through the store to anyone near them! Yep! Scared to death of me!
12-14-2015, 08:46 AM   #21597
Veteran Member

Too much cheese, bacon and malt liquor yesterday? everyone still sleeping it off?
Inquiring squirrels want to know!
12-14-2015, 08:54 AM - 3 Likes   #21598
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
It's some kind of cosmic joke from the universe to leave me "in charge"!
Sometimes life seems that way.
This poem has helped me put things in perspective many times over the years:

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be.

And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy..

© Max Ehrmann 1927

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desiderata

Last edited by Parallax; 12-14-2015 at 03:02 PM.
12-14-2015, 09:02 AM   #21599
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Having gotten some sleep, I have a little less antipathy towards people today. A little.

Another funny (to me) story from last night: It was a very warm day (which is why it was so crowded), and with the overcast, even well after dark the temperature wasn't below 68F (20C). But because it's Christmas, coats with "fur" collars, hats, boots, and scarves were much in evidence. If the calendar had said "May" instead of "December", those same people would have been in shorts and T-shirts.
12-14-2015, 09:24 AM   #21600
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, or they don't even bother looking at the calendar

(Not my picture.)
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »