Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2015, 12:54 PM   #21871
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Skip the Velveeta ... thank ME later !
You can use a soft, easily meltable cheese instead of Velveeta if you prefer.

12-21-2015, 01:00 PM - 3 Likes   #21872
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
You can use a soft, easily meltable edible cheese instead of Velveeta if you prefer.
There. Fixed that for you.

No charge, this time.
12-21-2015, 01:02 PM - 1 Like   #21873
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Toss the whole mess and make a batch of bacon-wrapped "little smokies" sausages with a sprinkling of brown sugar on each one. Don't bother thanking me, 'cause I'll be passed out on the kitchen floor.
12-21-2015, 01:05 PM   #21874
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
There. Fixed that for you.

No charge, this time.
It still has to be something that will melt! The whole point is to eat it with chips.

12-21-2015, 01:10 PM   #21875
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Toss the whole mess and make a batch of bacon-wrapped "little smokies" sausages with a sprinkling of brown sugar on each one. Don't bother thanking me, 'cause I'll be passed out on the kitchen floor.
Ditto ! *

* ( Blazing Saddles )
12-21-2015, 01:23 PM   #21876
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You use Mexican Velveeta and Rotel tomatoes. Makes the best nachos!! No ground beef! All you get then is Hamburger helper!

Christmas eve we're gonna have chili, bacon wrapped monster scallops, ham wrapped pickles, lots of real cheese sliced, fake cheese aka mexican velveeta, cookies, pies, meatballs, little smokies and a variety drinkable items! Yes, we are planning on passing out!

Christmas day starts with homemade sticky rolls! Dinner will be informal with the main course being French dip sandwiches from meat cooked all day!(special recipe)
Yeah I'm stoked!!
12-21-2015, 01:30 PM   #21877
Site Supporter

Don't you have to have pasta, rice or potatoes to be hamburger helper?

12-21-2015, 01:41 PM   #21878
Veteran Member

Don't you have to have pasta, rice or potatoes to be hamburger helper?
I can't remember! I think I have blocked out the traumatic events of my childhood, like repeatedly being fed food like hamburger helper, Shake n Bake Manwich, or pretty much anything incinerated on a grill!(pops wanted to make sure it was dead)
12-21-2015, 02:40 PM   #21879
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The problems of living in a small Pacific country are more apparent at Christmas time. Not only do we not have squirrels, Velveeta, or proper hot dogs (unless I make them myself - the hot dogs, that is, not the squirrels) but turkey (my favourite Christmas roast) is bloody expensive. In a move that is, supposedly about protecting our food industry from nasty diseases, we cannot buy USA turkeys, only locally grown ones. And, there's only three turkey farms in the whole country, so turkey costs $71 for a 6.5lbs turkey, with prices going up from there to around $140 for a 20lbs bird. That is sheer extortion. So, it's either a rip-off turkey, or a glazed ham, or I need to go out one night and shoot a wild turkey, and I've probably left it too late. Plus, the family will pull up their collective noses for wild turkey. So glazed ham it is. In the Weber.

At least we can buy Webers here. Thanks for small mercies.
12-21-2015, 03:02 PM   #21880
Veteran Member

Here's what Shackleton and his man had for Christmas dinner on the Endurance in 1914:

Anchovies in Oil, Jugged Hare, Turtle Soup, Whitebait, Mince Pies, Christmas Pudding, Figs, Dates & Crystallised Fruit, Tea and Biscuits, Rum and Stout

For 2015 my grandparents are coming over from Bonn, and we're having smoked pork chop, sausages, green cabbage and potatoes, for dessert there will be cinnamon parfait with pears. Then my father, grandfather and I will sit down and have Lagavulin 16 yo. On Christmas eve, that is, because that's when Germans celebrate and exchange gifts. On Christmas day we're having Raclette, and on Boxing day there'll be a massive salmon slowly baked for hours under a thick crust of salt.
12-21-2015, 03:14 PM   #21881
Veteran Member

Oh, and I think for a thread full of people obsessed with food and food-like substances (Velveeta, surströmming etc.) it is absolutely mandatory we all get out our K-Non-3s and take pictures of our Christmas meals, then share them here for a nice collection of what people eat on the holidays around the globe!
12-21-2015, 03:15 PM   #21882
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
That is sheer extortion
Here we use them as bait. Buy a ham and get a free turkey! Next year they wont be so cheap. We had a lot of operations wiped out by bird flu! The really REALLY stupid part is the inspectors spread it from one flock to the next! They of all people should have been following decon rules!!
12-21-2015, 03:16 PM   #21883
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
I can't remember! I think I have blocked out the traumatic events of my childhood, like repeatedly being fed food like hamburger helper, Shake n Bake Manwich, or pretty much anything incinerated on a grill!(pops wanted to make sure it was dead)
I'm trying to keep teenage boys from devouring everything in sight. There's a lot of pasta in my pantry. Pasta with butter & Parmesan. Or ketchup. Or Alfredo sauce. Or tomato based sauce. Etc.
12-21-2015, 03:23 PM   #21884
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Add a pound of ground beef or ground sausage. Thank me later.
Sausage is the best choice, and you are right, it makes it even more delicious. Melted Velveeta, Rotel, and ground sausage...I have NEVER seen anyone that did not want to gorge on that dip! Even haters learn to love when it is served.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Hey guys, pick up the pace! I have over 10K squirrels willing to post here and if you don't pick it up, I'm gonna turn them loose!
The pace really picked up some steam after that post! Scared the hell out of you guys, didn't it!

Regards!
12-21-2015, 03:29 PM   #21885
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm trying to keep teenage boys from devouring everything in sight. There's a lot of pasta in my pantry. Pasta with butter & Parmesan. Or ketchup. Or Alfredo sauce. Or tomato based sauce. Etc.
Yeah, with two teenage boys, you can't shovel it in fast enough. Can you get 50lb bags of Purina TeenChow?

(or, for Futurama fans: Bachelor Chow: Now with flavor!)