Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108794 Likes Search this Thread
12-21-2015, 03:48 PM - 2 Likes   #21886
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I'm trying to keep teenage boys from devouring everything in sight.
You're doomed... Do they leave the remnants under their beds until whatever it was grows fur and becomes part the undead army??( another good reason to own a shotgun) Sorry to say it won't get any better until they grow up and you can trick them to leave the house long enough to change the locks!

12-21-2015, 03:50 PM - 2 Likes   #21887
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Yeah, with two teenage boys, you can't shovel it in fast enough. Can you get 50lb bags of Purina TeenChow?

(or, for Futurama fans: Bachelor Chow: Now with flavor!)
I'd buy stock if Purina made that! Does Costco sell 100# bags??
12-21-2015, 04:06 PM   #21888
Veteran Member

Purina TeenChow?
Not to far off of costco sized boxes of cereal! Some are even made by the same company!
12-21-2015, 04:11 PM - 2 Likes   #21889
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Apparently, while there are several different kinds of Primate Chow (made for labs and zoos), none of them are recommended for humans. The blogs I found where someone actually tried to live on Monkey Chow were never as funny as I hoped. These searches also led to multiple forums discussing the claim that you can kill raccoons with Monkey Chow (I smell urban/rural legend), which led me to the term "trainwreck thread". I'm so proud to be part of a trainwreck thread that not only went off the tracks, it said "we don't need no stinkin' tracks", rolled up its sleeves, and firmly kept going for another two years!

12-21-2015, 04:31 PM   #21890
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote

Here's what Shackleton and his man had for Christmas dinner on the Endurance in 1914:

Anchovies in Oil, Jugged Hare, Turtle Soup, Whitebait, Mince Pies, Christmas Pudding, Figs, Dates & Crystallised Fruit, Tea and Biscuits, Rum and Stout

For 2015 my grandparents are coming over from Bonn, and we're having smoked pork chop, sausages, green cabbage and potatoes, for dessert there will be cinnamon parfait with pears. Then my father, grandfather and I will sit down and have Lagavulin 16 yo. On Christmas eve, that is, because that's when Germans celebrate and exchange gifts. On Christmas day we're having Raclette, and on Boxing day there'll be a massive salmon slowly baked for hours under a thick crust of salt.
Sounds good!
We can do the Anchvies in oil, whitebait, mince pies, christmas pudding, fruit, tea and biscuits rum and stout. Will have to pass on the jugged hare and turtle soup!
12-21-2015, 04:32 PM   #21891
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Here we use them as bait. Buy a ham and get a free turkey! Next year they wont be so cheap. We had a lot of operations wiped out by bird flu! The really REALLY stupid part is the inspectors spread it from one flock to the next! They of all people should have been following decon rules!!
That sounds bizzare!
12-21-2015, 04:33 PM   #21892
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here we use them as bait. Buy a ham and get a free turkey!
Assuming you did want to buy one, what do they charge there by you? (For both the ahm and the turkey?) Always interested to see how much we're getting ripped off in this little country.

12-21-2015, 04:37 PM   #21893
Veteran Member

Monkey Chow
Never heard of monkey chow. I have however heard of monkey cookies!

firmly kept going for another two years!
This! Is! The! Pentax! Express!!
Always right on time!
12-21-2015, 04:40 PM   #21894
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
what do they charge there by you?
Turkey $.79 to $.99 per lb. $1.79 to $3 per lb on ham. Yes us in the midwest are spoiled by commodity prices!
12-21-2015, 04:43 PM   #21895
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Assuming you did want to buy one, what do they charge there by you? (For both the ahm and the turkey?) Always interested to see how much we're getting ripped off in this little country.
I just checked the local ads, and a ham is between $0.77 and $1.99/lb, and a turkey between $0.99 and 1.49/lb.
12-21-2015, 04:50 PM   #21896
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Apparently, while there are several different kinds of Primate Chow (made for labs and zoos), none of them are recommended for humans. The blogs I found where someone actually tried to live on Monkey Chow were never as funny as I hoped. These searches also led to multiple forums discussing the claim that you can kill raccoons with Monkey Chow (I smell urban/rural legend), which led me to the term "trainwreck thread". I'm so proud to be part of a trainwreck thread that not only went off the tracks, it said "we don't need no stinkin' tracks", rolled up its sleeves, and firmly kept going for another two years!
Trainwreck thread.
To paraphrase (VERY loosely) Winston Churchill: The WIWBAK-3 thread is the worst thread on the Internet. Except for al of the others.
12-21-2015, 04:56 PM   #21897
Pentaxian

Hubby bought this today. Price is 93 cents a lb. Unfortunately I can't eat this particular turkey since it has been shot up with stuff my neurologist and my other Doctor told me not to eat. Hubby tried to get an MSG free, non shot up turkey but he has vision problems and didn't see the small print. The labeling lies, one label says MSG free but the print on the wrapping says..... It's injected with 'turkey broth' which of course is 'processed turkey broth with msg added'. Ughhhhh, this is how I end up with 3 day migraines after eating stuff that was supposed to be free of additives. Why anyway does a turkey need an injection of turkey broth, that's just stupid. I can cook without help, lol. Really I can.
Attached Images

12-21-2015, 05:15 PM   #21898
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Why anyway does a turkey need an injection of turkey broth, that's just stupid.
That's why we bought our beef and pork from a local locker that deals in farm raised minimal extra crap livestock!
I just checked the local ads, and a ham is between $0.77 and $1.99/lb, and a turkey between $0.99 and 1.49/lb.
I stand corrected, all of the lower 48 are spoiled by cheap prices!!
12-21-2015, 05:29 PM   #21899
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I stand corrected, all of the lower 48 are spoiled by cheap prices!!
Well, NC is #2 in pigs, after Iowa, and #2 in turkeys, after Minnesota.
12-21-2015, 07:34 PM   #21900
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, NC is #2 in pigs, after Iowa, and #2 in turkeys, after Minnesota.
Seriously, guys? I give you two hours for a snappy comeback, and nothing? Fine, I'll do it myself: Pigs and turkeys - sounds like my friends in high school.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »