Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
12-22-2015, 06:24 PM   #21931
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I'm kind of irritated at the post office. My package from mixbooks went to Bay Minette this morning, then to my post office, out for delivery & now it's back at Bay Minette. WTF?! Bay Minette isn't even in the same county I live in!!
The tracking curse strikes again!

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
near your doggie, it tends to make them start ...you know....
As opposed to what they normally do??

12-22-2015, 07:55 PM   #21932
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
As opposed to what they normally do??
Few like a leg humping doggie....even Otis finds it disgusting.

Regards!
12-22-2015, 09:36 PM   #21933
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm kind of irritated at the post office. My package from mixbooks went to Bay Minette this morning, then to my post office, out for delivery & now it's back at Bay Minette. WTF?! Bay Minette isn't even in the same county I live in!!
Last month, we had a part for work that FedEx said they delivered to the warehouse - they even had a signature. The only problem is that there is no one at the warehouse with a name even close to what they said. We had to get the vendor to send a replacement by courier. The missing part mysteriously showed up the next morning, but FedEx never updated the tracking.

I think the Post Office is crowdsourcing delivery now - I had a package for a neighbor leaning against my door, so I took it the rest of the way. If they get it close, right?
12-22-2015, 10:56 PM   #21934
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Last month, we had a part for work that FedEx said they delivered to the warehouse - they even had a signature. The only problem is that there is no one at the warehouse with a name even close to what they said. We had to get the vendor to send a replacement by courier. The missing part mysteriously showed up the next morning, but FedEx never updated the tracking.

I think the Post Office is crowdsourcing delivery now - I had a package for a neighbor leaning against my door, so I took it the rest of the way. If they get it close, right?
Where our fixer upper is in the country, there is a creek dividing us from our neighbor and several acres, the USPS/ or UPS left the neighbors Insulin package on our porch. Fortunately we got back from Austin around noon and discovered it. I brought it over to my neighbor and yip, she was totally out of her insulin and was badly needing her package. Oh my!

12-23-2015, 01:40 AM   #21935
Site Supporter

Well my package isn't nearly as critical as insulin. And it's back in my county now. Let's see if it gets to my post office...
12-23-2015, 02:47 AM   #21936
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well my package isn't nearly as critical as insulin. And it's back in my county now. Let's see if it gets to my post office...
We're having the same problem. Ham was in Masterton this moring at 08h09. Then, back to Palmerston North by 10h30. When I queried why it was not delivered today, I was told the couriers had decided the town courier driver could not deliver - we are (according to them) rural delivery so it had to go back to depot to be reasigned to the rural deliveries. Supposedly, it will be delivered tomorrow morning. Intersting that we're not rural... We are within the town boundary. Go figure.
12-23-2015, 04:44 AM   #21937
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Oh my!
We used to have a letter carrier that was always sauced! Let's just say, misdirected mail was the norm!! And complaints were of no avail!

Like watching tennis.

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
We are within the town boundary. Go figure.
You are until someone doesn't want to deliver something, then you become rural!

"The Government. Made up of people who are usually and notably ungoverned"- Shepard Book (not political! It's from a show! fits the postal service though!)

12-23-2015, 06:13 AM - 2 Likes   #21938
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The difference between the Boy Scouts and a bureaucracy?
The Boy Scouts have adult leadership.
12-23-2015, 06:57 AM   #21939
Site Supporter

My package is (reportedly) at my post office this am.

---------- Post added 12-23-15 at 06:57 AM ----------

And it's more like watching ping pong...
12-23-2015, 10:55 AM   #21940
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

As irritating as it is to watch a package play ping pong, we have to take a moment to remember the "good old days" when stuff showed up when it showed up. That I can go online and buy a used lens from someone in Japan or Germany and have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week is still magical to me.
12-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #21941
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Otis stands in the center of a field and the nuts...the nuts come to him...

Steve

All hail Otis the King.
12-23-2015, 02:28 PM   #21942
Site Supporter

My package showed up. Yay!
12-23-2015, 03:44 PM - 1 Like   #21943
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
All hail Otis the King.
Otis declares he has "Big Brain" thinking....but I think it is really just Big Head boasting.
12-23-2015, 07:52 PM   #21944
Site Supporter

My package showed up. Yay!
Oh & I forgot to change the page color on the two pages that I added to the kids' books. Page after page of pictures on a solid black page background. And boom! Two white pages. Oops!
12-23-2015, 07:55 PM   #21945
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh & I forgot to change the page color on the two pages that I added to the kids' books. Page after page of pictures on a solid black page background. And boom! Two white pages. Oops!
Those are the 'extra special' pages!