Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
What would this thread be without me ?!
I lie awake at night wondering that.

12-27-2015, 03:01 PM   #22052
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
But doesn't the score vary depending on the sensor used?
FF or APS-C ... ?!

Spring 2016 will be here soon ... already here "weather-wise" for many ...
12-27-2015, 03:04 PM - 1 Like   #22053
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

But doesn't the score vary depending on the sensor used?
You mean that the (usually) bigger wine bottles make the score somehow less?

But the liquor bottles are the same size as wine, and they typically score 40 or 43 - or more of they are any good.

Very, very confusing.

I'm more certain than ever that DxO is behind all this.
12-27-2015, 03:06 PM - 1 Like   #22054
Pentaxian

Bigger is "bliss" ... trust me on this one.

12-27-2015, 03:53 PM - 1 Like   #22055
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Bigger is "bliss" ... trust me on this one.
Otis agrees completely! Your observation gets you the Otis Award.....for...

Bigger is better!

I guess we can trust you? You seem knowledgeable on spirits...but we all know we can always trust Otis!

Regards!
12-27-2015, 08:19 PM   #22056
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
That film was so predictable. The reason we found it so hilarious was that we succeeded in predicting what would happen next most of the time - and when the violins would start playing.

We did have to run at the end, though. The couple in front of us thought it was a very touching drama and were very upset with us laughing...
Maybe the predictability is what appeals. It's comfort food, like a McDonald's cheeseburger (for some people).
12-27-2015, 08:34 PM   #22057
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Almost every night Mrs Rupert watches one of those Hallmark movies...sugary sweet and every one is the same.... with different actors/actresses and the same stupid theme. The screen drips with honey and I am certain they can lead to diabetes.

Seen one, seen them all. Totally predictable!! Boy is with wrong girl...boy gets with right girl....they kiss...it's over...until tomorrow night.
Maybe Mrs Rupert is dreaming of the "right" boy? Hey Mrs Rupert......it's a little late in the game after almost 50 years! You should have started your hunt long ago!

Regards!

12-27-2015, 11:49 PM - 1 Like   #22058
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico

What would this thread be without me ?!

This thread, and more importantly this forum, would be incomplete without our French Sooner friend.
12-28-2015, 01:11 AM   #22059
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Big storm coming! You know what that means? Screaming hordes of panicked people stripping grocery stores of anything edible(including Velveeta) because they might be snowed in until May!!
The stories of that behaviour are one of the funny things of watching the US from outside. Also the stories of the huge supplies some people keep. Most people elsewhere either lack the money to buy the supplies or the house space to store them, or both.

---------- Post added 12-28-15 at 06:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I always check the quality score on the label. For beer 9 is a quite good score. For red wines it should be at least 14.

Not that I understand the scale. Much like DxO scores, really. A beer that scores 9% is definitely better than a wine scoring 11
Quality score for something as complicated as beverages of diverse kinds. Sounds like hocus pocus. Except perhaps for underage teenagers hoping to see their companions stain the floor so they can laugh at them tomorrow.

Last edited by tim60; 12-28-2015 at 01:25 AM.
12-28-2015, 07:17 AM   #22060
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
The stories of that behaviour are one of the funny things of watching the US from outside. Also the stories of the huge supplies some people keep. Most people elsewhere either lack the money to buy the supplies or the house space to store them, or both.
I've noticed a trend where regular grocery stores don't stock, say, a 4-pack of toilet paper any more. It's all 8s, 12s, and larger. Apartments haven't gotten any larger, so I don't know where you are supposed to store it all. Meanwhile, the big-box stores only sell bundles that require a small van to transport.
12-28-2015, 07:28 AM   #22061
Site Supporter

Still miserable. And feeling rather whiny about it. I actually called in for my shift tonight. And if any of you have nurses in your families, you know how very rare it is for a nurse to call out sick. And we make terrible patients!
12-28-2015, 07:57 AM   #22062
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

As I read each sentence, I experienced a slightly different mixture of concern and alarm:

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Still miserable.

And feeling rather whiny about it.

I actually called in for my shift tonight.

And if any of you have nurses in your families, you know how very rare it is for a nurse to call out sick.

And we make terrible patients!

I'm not a doctor, but I saw I guy play one on TV once. He had great hair. I prescribe soup, a blanket, and lots of old movies. Get well soon!
12-28-2015, 08:01 AM   #22063
Site Supporter

As I read each sentence, I experienced a slightly different mixture of concern and alarm:

I'm not a doctor, but I saw I guy play one on TV once. He had great hair. I prescribe soup, a blanket, and lots of old movies. Get well soon!
Watching X-files. When I'm awake & not coughing & hacking.
12-28-2015, 08:53 AM   #22064
Pentaxian

Still miserable. And feeling rather whiny about it. I actually called in for my shift tonight. And if any of you have nurses in your families, you know how very rare it is for a nurse to call out sick. And we make terrible patients!
My sis is a nurse then mom and I handle the home healthcare part of it, homemade chicken soup, homemade any food, bringing the meds, warm blanket, installing the depends....
12-28-2015, 08:57 AM   #22065
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Also the stories of the huge supplies some people keep.
Me!

Meanwhile, the big-box stores only sell bundles that require a small van to transport.
With 5 kids a 4pack is a joke!! Bulk is the way to go!!

And we make terrible patients!
I'm just a forklift monkey but I make a terrible patient too! So my wife tells me anyway!
Watching X-files.
Good choice! When the wife is under the weather, she only want's to watch stuff with violence like NCIS, Criminal minds, Bones or most often Walking dead! I can't get her near Band of brothers. Says she doesn't want that in her head!
Hope you get feeling better!
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »