Photos: Gallery | Albums
Checking in after a few months (and maybe 4 camera bodies) away from the thread
did the OP ever show up here?

01-03-2016, 02:02 PM - 2 Likes   #22292
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I had hair in my youth. Really. My wife has pictures. I got pulled over once too often, so I cut it off and never looked back.
I still have hair.....I can send you some...but there is no guarantee you will like it?

My nephew snapped this one...he said "Give me your best "bad guy" look. I thought he said "your best ugly"......Hell...what's the difference!

Regards!

....don't laugh unless you have a "Mrs Rupert" better than mine!

Six months away from being 70.......I'll keep her!
01-03-2016, 02:03 PM   #22293
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Checking in after a few months (and maybe 4 camera bodies) away from the thread did the OP ever show up here?
Had an operation. Changed his name to Kaitlyn and moved to Bari Bari with his first love.... A Polaroid land camera!!
01-03-2016, 02:17 PM   #22294
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I still have hair.....I can send you some...
Thanks. Someone said, "Comb what you have*, not what you dream about."

* I did say a hair cut.

01-03-2016, 04:19 PM   #22295
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
We lived in a FEMA single-wide for about a year after a tornado got our house in '84. It was... cozy. Three teenagers would definitely be cramped.
This is a little bigger than a FEMA. I think it's 14x70-80ish. It's only two bedrooms, which is why it's way too small with 3 teenagers. There's 3-5 houses near where I live now that have recently come onto the market. I'm hoping that the right house for my bunch will be on the market at the right price when I'm ready to buy.
01-03-2016, 04:54 PM - 1 Like   #22296
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
This is a little bigger than a FEMA. I think it's 14x70-80ish. It's only two bedrooms, which is why it's way too small with 3 teenagers. There's 3-5 houses near where I live now that have recently come onto the market. I'm hoping that the right house for my bunch will be on the market at the right price when I'm ready to buy.
I found one just like ours on a gov't auction site - 14x64, 3 bedrooms. The 3rd BR was a large closet. Power & teen problems aside, the good thing about your paid-for home is you can buy when you want to, not when you have to. If you have to walk away from a deal, you aren't any worse off.
01-03-2016, 05:03 PM   #22297
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
you aren't any worse off.
Yeah! Don't do what we did once. Sold a house but forgot to buy a house and ended up back with my parents for four weeks!!

01-03-2016, 05:09 PM   #22298
Site Supporter

I found one just like ours on a gov't auction site - 14x64, 3 bedrooms. The 3rd BR was a large closet. Power & teen problems aside, the good thing about your paid-for home is you can buy when you want to, not when you have to. If you have to walk away from a deal, you aren't any worse off.
Exactly. It's paid for. The land it's on is paid for. Even counting this repair & others, I've still put probably less that $6k in it & we've lived in it since before my husband's medical problems in 2013. If you broke it down to a monthly figure, I've still paid less than $250/month for it. The floors are solid, the roof doesn't leak. Sure, it ain't pretty. But it's paid for!
01-03-2016, 06:14 PM   #22299
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lutefish...that would gag a maggot. Filthy stuff, even Velveeta couldn't compensate for that gross and foul taste......and I can say that without having ever tasted it. Just thinking about it makes me want to brush my teeth.

Could I eat it....dead or moving slow........yep, but would I? No way!
Oh come on, lipeäkala is not all that bad. I had it when growing up in Finland and I am still alive
01-03-2016, 06:15 PM   #22300
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But it's paid for!
That right there goes a long way
01-03-2016, 06:19 PM   #22301
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
ended up back with my parents for four weeks!
That`s what they are for, right?
01-03-2016, 06:24 PM   #22302
Veteran Member

....don't laugh unless you have a "Mrs Rupert" better than mine!

Six months away from being 70.......I'll keep her!
Damn. I hope I look that good at 50, to say nothing of 69.5.
01-03-2016, 06:51 PM   #22303
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Exactly. It's paid for. The land it's on is paid for. Even counting this repair & others, I've still put probably less that $6k in it & we've lived in it since before my husband's medical problems in 2013. If you broke it down to a monthly figure, I've still paid less than $250/month for it. The floors are solid, the roof doesn't leak. Sure, it ain't pretty. But it's paid for!
Paid for! Magical words! I have 4 cars, none new, all in great shape...all paid for. We live in an old place, part of it a mobile that I have added to and remodeled over the years, with 4 nice wooded lots and a wonderful shop. All paid for for over 30 years. We moved here about 40 years ago and couldn't find a place to live cheap...this was cheap and we only intended to stay a year or two. Things got rapidly better and we started looking around for a new home. Couldn't decide on anything within the area we wanted that was affordable, so we decided to wait a year or two and put what would be a house payment into the bank/stock market. $800 a month after two years looks pretty good...you hate to see it go into a new house when what you have is working nicely.
Kids grew up and went off to college, we kept putting the cash in every month with a new aim of paying cash for a new house...eventually. We got older....houses didn't look near as good as that bundle of cash...$800 a month for over 30 years.....+ interest...do the math. Some of those were great stock market years.....Microsoft, Cisco, and Sun were very good to us!

Now the place is tailored to suit all our needs...and more, taxes are cheap, no payments, and that cash is still there! Magical words...Paid For! With it you can do wonders!

I like this place, it is comfortable, well equipped, easy to heat and cool and best of all it allowed for that bundle of cash we have in our old age. It wasn't really planned that way, it just happened. Everyone is different, with different priorities including cars and homes....but there are few that don't appreciate a big bundle of cash when they are old!

BTW- I ran a service Dept for a Mobile Home Dealer for 11 years and saw many make a choice to downsize into a mobile/mfg home to cut expenses, send kids to college or just eliminate high maintenance costs/taxes on a site built home. For most of them it was a wise move and allowed for a better future......something we don't always think about when we are young.

You have decisions to make.....consider all of the choices carefully.

Best Regards!
01-03-2016, 07:15 PM   #22304
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Unless you live with cats.
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
One of my cats, years ago, loved to unroll the tp. I thought it was hilarious. My wife didn't. We fashioned a guard from a plastic milk bottle to shield it.
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I have cats. Over is good, under is evil, and it is also incorrect according to the original patent on TP.
My mom had a cat who was un-naturally disciplined. She never got on counters. She knew what chairs she could and couldn't sit on. She knew she could only sleep on the part of the bed with a towel on it. If you said, "good night, Kit", she would go to her room. But if you left the bathroom door open and the roll turned the "right" way, you were going to be picking up TP.

Clearly, some people care quite a lot about this. It's never occurred to me to give a sh*t about it.

I've had 2 cats over the years. Both were trained to ask to be let outside (I refused to have a litter box in the house), and knew to stay off of the counters and table. I can't remember either one messing with the TP, but they both certainly got into considerable mischief.
01-03-2016, 07:29 PM   #22305
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
. . . . . . . did the OP ever show up here?

His profile shows his last activity was 12-13-15. I look at it once in a while and see that he visits now and again.

I'm sure he spends time catching up with his 'baby' (this thread).