Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2016, 11:35 AM - 1 Like   #22471
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I hate stuff with little springs inside so all the bits jump out unexpectedly all over the place when you take them apart.

In my mechanicing days I disassembled stuff with big springs inside. They could make the bits jump out quite unexpectedly, and violently too.

But we built a tool to contain the stuff springs and bits, and release the stored energy slowly.

And safely.

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
How awful, looking at internet on such a little screen. So limits my view of the world to a scrap only.

I feel the same way.

People constantly thrust their tiny screens at me to show off some silly meme with a cat or some human doing something odd, or share a crappy video of the next Darwin Award nominee.

It occurs to me that, almost overnight, a very large portion of the world population has embraced these devices. You can see them, everywhere, completely focused on that tiny screen, oblivious to anything beyond the reach of their spindly arms.

They stop suddenly in the supermarket aisle, to do whatever it is that these things are demanding of them, without regard to those around them, or any inconvenience they may be causing.

While driving they focus more on that damn screen than they do driving. That should be a capital offense.

At work you see them. They should be working, after all, that's what they are getting paid for, right?

Go to a restaurant. Entire families at a table having dinner. Not socializing with each other. No. Totally consumed, each by a tiny screen.

Zombies.

And you know what?

Many of these people appear to be as weird and screwed up as those Darwin Award nominees they are watching.

That concerns me.

01-08-2016, 11:37 AM   #22472
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
We do need some veggies, but they don't have to be green.
Bacon wrapped water chestnuts, dipping sauce was a mix of bbq sauce and mayo.

Dang it Bob!

I get fat just seeing your culinary creations.
01-08-2016, 02:20 PM - 1 Like   #22473
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Off topic...if that is possible here?

I got a prescription for some little 'helper" pills...I am as old as dirt you know, and if you aren't there you will get there...or be stiff enough you won't need them.
Now I am not familiar with these things, and when I went to pick it up it was $400 at Walmart, the cheapest place in town.....and insurance covers zero of it.

This seems like robbery to me. I didn't buy them and will pursue other markets......are these things cheaper in Canada for 10 little tiny pills?

It's just too much for me to spend, even though I can easily afford it...it's just not a good value. Same as not owning a 645 to shoot some damn squirrels and birds.

After I pay $40. a pill and then pay Mrs Rupert $100 for her services and take her shopping, all my spending cash is gone and all I have is a few minutes or pleasure to show for it. Not a good deal...not at all! Of course, at twice a year it probably wouldn't be all that noticeable in my budget.......

Regards! Someone check out Canadian prices for me.....all the online Canadian Pharmacies are scams located in Russia.

BTW- Is this too "adult" for this thread? If so, my apology and I will stick to bacon and Velveeta.
01-08-2016, 02:31 PM - 1 Like   #22474
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
BTW- Is this too "adult" for this thread? If so, my apology and I will stick to bacon and Velveeta.
This seems like as good a reason as any not to buy a K-3. Anywhere else on PF, and the problem would somehow be blamed on the lack of either a 35mm sensor or EVF...

01-08-2016, 02:39 PM   #22475
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
are these things cheaper in Canada for 10 little tiny pills?
How far are you from the border of Mexico.
Not sure about the pills you seek, but my sister and BIL use to winter in a RV somewhere in southern Texas and cross the border for some of their prescriptions.

As a side note, can we be sure these aren't really for Mr Otis?
Age and too many girlfriends catching up with him maybe?
01-08-2016, 02:39 PM   #22476
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

An EVF would be a reason for not buying a K-3!

Ooops.... Sorry!

Bacon! I need bacon!
01-08-2016, 02:47 PM - 2 Likes   #22477
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
... Bacon! I need bacon!
Here.

01-08-2016, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #22478
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Of course, at twice a year it probably wouldn't be all that noticeable in my budget.......
That reminds me:
In a Playboy interview many years ago, Bob Hope was asked if there was sex after sixty. He replied, "Yes and good too! Especially the one in the Fall.

I only bought Playboy for the articles.
01-08-2016, 03:24 PM   #22479
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

How far are you from the border of Mexico.
Not sure about the pills you seek, but my sister and BIL use to winter in a RV somewhere in southern Texas and cross the border for some of their prescriptions.

As a side note, can we be sure these aren't really for Mr Otis?
Age and too many girlfriends catching up with him maybe?
Not close to the border. I am hoping someone in Canada can check the prices. As for Otis, it's the last thing he needs..for certain...there are hundreds of squirrels out there and they all resemble him!

The price seems ridiculous and the patent lasts until 2018, but by then I may not need it, I maybe filled with formaldehyde.

It's not that I really need it....only about twice a year!

Regards!
01-08-2016, 04:36 PM   #22480
Pentaxian

Not close to the border. I am hoping someone in Canada can check the prices. As for Otis, it's the last thing he needs..for certain...there are hundreds of squirrels out there and they all resemble him!

The price seems ridiculous and the patent lasts until 2018, but by then I may not need it, I maybe filled with formaldehyde.

It's not that I really need it....only about twice a year!

Regards!
It would be even cheaper if you were Vulcan.
01-08-2016, 04:45 PM - 1 Like   #22481
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I only bought Playboy for the articles.
I only bought it for the fine art
01-08-2016, 04:58 PM - 1 Like   #22482
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Probably best. One thing I've learned in 30 years of marriage is that there's a big difference in what they notice and what they let you know they've noticed.
As my wife wrote in a card attached to a book about collecting things (which,sadly, asserts all the good stuff is already gone), "You didn't really think you were sneaking all those old lenses past me, did you?"
01-08-2016, 10:19 PM - 1 Like   #22483
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
You name it, I've got it. There is nothing that I cannot take apart.
Putting things back together may be another matter though.

Funny how often one ends up with spare parts after working on something!
01-08-2016, 10:25 PM   #22484
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Off topic...if that is possible here?

I got a prescription for some little 'helper" pills...I am as old as dirt you know, and if you aren't there you will get there...or be stiff enough you won't need them.
Now I am not familiar with these things, and when I went to pick it up it was $400 at Walmart, the cheapest place in town.....and insurance covers zero of it.

This seems like robbery to me. I didn't buy them and will pursue other markets......are these things cheaper in Canada for 10 little tiny pills?

It's just too much for me to spend, even though I can easily afford it...it's just not a good value. Same as not owning a 645 to shoot some damn squirrels and birds.

After I pay $40. a pill and then pay Mrs Rupert $100 for her services and take her shopping, all my spending cash is gone and all I have is a few minutes or pleasure to show for it. Not a good deal...not at all! Of course, at twice a year it probably wouldn't be all that noticeable in my budget.......

Regards! Someone check out Canadian prices for me.....all the online Canadian Pharmacies are scams located in Russia.

So, while turkey is $0.97 per pound, you're ripped off with blue pills! Here they're $67 for 8 pills. You may have to go cold turkey!
01-09-2016, 12:30 AM   #22485
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
So, while turkey is $0.97 per pound, you're ripped off with blue pills! Here they're $67 for 8 pills. You may have to go cold turkey!
Is that with the surcharge for Sunday purchase. I got hit for that the only time I bought, normal, medicine in NZ. The good side was the treatment was free because I said I was Australian. They did not even ask for papers.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »