Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108811 Likes Search this Thread
01-22-2016, 07:09 AM   #22846
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
With scripted cues and talking points etc, they should just do interviews on a check list. Check off the emotions you want to express. The computer will do the writing. Like comments on the report cards in the schools these days.
It wouldn't be hard to do. A few years back, I wrote a script for nominating employees for corporate awards. You had to write one sentence saying what they actually did and one sentence saying why it was important, then check the categories that you wanted it to mention ("teamwork", "proactive", "problem solving"). It randomly selected some sentences with the appropriate corporate-speak and generated the nomination form. I got awards for a couple of my team with it. We talked about using it to nominate me for an award for creating the script, but that would have given away the game.

01-22-2016, 07:11 AM   #22847
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Otis reminds that honest trustworthy and value oriented squirrels did not write the story, all they did was try to cross the road when one was hit. It was old Norm that posted the photo and story.......are you accusing old Norm of having less integrity than Otis? Otis isn't going to like that.....and old Norm isn't either!

I think Norm, like many, has fallen victim to one of Otis' schemes. Wasn't our beloved Mod saying something just a day ago about not trusting Otis quite so much?
01-22-2016, 07:25 AM   #22848
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
They're not going to drive the planes down the roads???
Why prep roads to airport that no one is using? Are they driving planes down the roads? Flight attendants want to add more job skills to their list?
01-22-2016, 07:32 AM   #22849
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I think Norm, like many, has fallen victim to one of Otis' schemes. Wasn't our beloved Mod saying something just a day ago about not trusting Otis quite so much?
Norm is one of Otis' favorite posters, Norm actually posts fine squirrel shots along with his other fine work. An attack on Norm is an attack on Otis, though I am not so sure it works the other way around!

I see a Big Storm is coming on the East coast? I was looking at the local weather here, and next week we should see some 80F+ temps! If anyone is planning a road trip, come on down, I think Otis is about to declare the end of winter here?

Might be a great time to get away from that Dakota snow and ice?

Regards!

01-22-2016, 06:29 PM   #22850
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lutefisk, bacon, and cheese.
Pass the potatoes please.

01-22-2016, 06:46 PM   #22851
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Mmmmmmmm. Mmmmmmm!
01-22-2016, 08:54 PM   #22852
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Lutefisk, bacon, and cheese.
Pass the potatoes please.
Come on! People don't actually eat lewdfish...do they? I mean, aren't they just a big joke used for posting on forums and making people that have been poisoned regurgitate?

01-23-2016, 04:32 AM - 1 Like   #22853
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Come on! People don't actually eat lewdfish...do they? I mean, aren't they just a big joke used for posting on forums and making people that have been poisoned regurgitate?
Easy recipe for Lipeäkala (Lutefish)
Lipeäkala | Maku
01-23-2016, 06:03 AM   #22854
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I've always wondered the same thing about Velveeta, Spam, and roast beef or corned beef hash.
01-23-2016, 06:14 AM   #22855
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I've always wondered the same thing about Velveeta, Spam, and roast beef or corned beef hash.
I've always wondered about people who won't eat Velveeta, Spam, and roast beef or corned beef hash.

From my Jeff Foxworthy daily calendar:
You might be a redneck if squirrels only run across your deck once.
01-23-2016, 10:30 AM   #22856
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Easy recipe for Lipeäkala (Lutefish)
Lipeäkala | Maku
I like the one where you spend hours preparing the lewdfish, bake it on low heat for 6 hours on a cedar plank, then throw it out to scare and nauseate the cats........and eat the board.

I've always wondered about people who won't eat Velveeta, Spam, and roast beef or corned beef hash.
Me too! You have your wine snobs, your cheese snobs, and your meat snobs.....we just have good eatin' !!!

I am always lookin' for a good new breakfast food....found one this morning! Not hot at all, but a sort of smoky woody flavor......great stuff!

I have been in my shop working hard and long for two weeks.....so I haven't bought groceries and we are getting down to the "Reserve Stock". The good stuff, you know, for when they tell you the end of the world is near and all you have to eat is what is on hand. That's where I'm at now.....Vienna Sausage, Potted Meat, Velveeta (lots of Velveeta, always...I keep a six month supply at all times) and Ramen Noodles......I'm gonna eat like a king this weekend!

Regards!
01-23-2016, 11:06 AM   #22857
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Spot on; they are people. Those who do, well...
01-23-2016, 12:35 PM   #22858
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Spot on; they are people. Those who do, well...
You sayin' we don't do well? Hell, I have a pantry full of those Vienna Sausages and Potted Meat...Spam too...Velveeta and Cheese Dip by the case.....what have you got that beats that? Lewdfish that the cats won't even touch? Corned beef hash....delicious and if you look real close you can see the little white chopped up arteries in it for texture.......makes for tasty chewing!
01-23-2016, 12:46 PM   #22859
Pentaxian

Someone say "wine snob" ... ?!

Well, I am doing my "humanitarian act" tonight by saving a cheap-ish 2014 bottle of Saint-Emilion from the curses of old age ...
01-23-2016, 12:50 PM   #22860
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Corned beef hash....delicious and if you look real close you can see the little white chopped up arteries in it for texture.......makes for tasty chewing!
My wife loves corned beef hash. I can't stand the thought or sight of it. Every time she threatens to serve it I tell her that it's fine. I'll fry up some nice fresh liver (which I love) to go with it.
That's usually the end of the conversation.