Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
02-09-2016, 03:42 PM   #23401
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Own it Norm, You started the assault on my Velveeta. Before you came along everyone here loved Velveeta.
Nope, not over!
I like cheese. I like velveeta too.
You put additives in gas and oil to help your car last longer. Why not cheese, so we can last longer also!!

02-09-2016, 04:04 PM   #23402
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Why not cheese, so we can last longer also!!
Considering what they add, and what it does to lactose intolerant people, lasting all the way home becomes a major concern...
02-09-2016, 04:15 PM   #23403
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
and this is moderating?
I would hate to see you throwing fuel on the fire!
Rod, the guy is biased and partial, he is playing favorites with old Norm, but short of unleashing the squirrels there is nothing I can do about it...and so far not one squirrel has come forward to defend Velveeta.....a couple have volunteered to come forward and defend the tasty boxes, but that's it.

This place is rigged, the Mods play favorites when it comes to gourmet food. They treat that real cheese stuff like king,,,and the damn squirrels run fee here too...it is an outrage!

I recently lodged a squirrel complaint and was told......"There are other sites you might want to visit?" What kind of response is that for a long time loyal member?

Regards
02-09-2016, 04:50 PM   #23404
Pentaxian

Rod, the guy is biased and partial, he is playing favorites with old Norm, but short of unleashing the squirrels there is nothing I can do about it...and so far not one squirrel has come forward to defend Velveeta.....a couple have volunteered to come forward and defend the tasty boxes, but that's it.

This place is rigged, the Mods play favorites when it comes to gourmet food. They treat that real cheese stuff like king,,,and the damn squirrels run fee here too...it is an outrage!

I recently lodged a squirrel complaint and was told......"There are other sites you might want to visit?" What kind of response is that for a long time loyal member?

Regards
Rupert my friend, we're just yacking here. No-one really cares about whether or not Velveeta is cheese. Even I don't really care. Come over and have a beer. If you want to call it cheese go ahead. I rested my case, I got nothing more to say.

02-09-2016, 04:53 PM - 1 Like   #23405
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead:
I got nothing more to say.
Yeah, right.
02-09-2016, 05:22 PM - 1 Like   #23406
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yeah, right.
Well maybe not on this particular topic.

I consider whether or not Velveeta is cheese about as important as how many angels will fit on the head of a pin.
02-09-2016, 05:30 PM   #23407
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
how many angels will fit on the head of a pin.
About twice as many as with "Processed Angel Product", which is angels + "additives".

02-09-2016, 05:32 PM   #23408
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Appreciating various varieties of cheese using a beautiful, classic sheep's foot butt straight knfe to slice it miles appart from sniffing, sipping then spitting wine or beer.
02-09-2016, 07:38 PM   #23409
Veteran Member

and so far not one squirrel has come forward to defend Velveeta.
That's because they are at my house chewing on my garbage can!

Tell Otis that if this continues, the truce will be over and detente out the window!
Which means I will have to bring out my little friend...

Vera!!
02-09-2016, 08:56 PM   #23410
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I like cheese. I like velveeta too.
You put additives in gas and oil to help your car last longer. Why not cheese, so we can last longer also!!
Now that is the kind of thinking that will get you rewarded! Congratulations! ..Be sure to save this......it has cash/prize value!

Rupert my friend, we're just yacking here. No-one really cares about whether or not Velveeta is cheese. Even I don't really care. Come over and have a beer. If you want to call it cheese go ahead. I rested my case, I got nothing more to say.
I appreciate your concession Norm and graciously accept.....however I need to know that if I come up your way for a visit, that steak you once promised me is still available? I'll bring the Velveeta, you can count on it!

Tell Otis that if this continues, the truce will be over and detente out the window!Which means I will have to bring out my little friend...
Nothing makes squirrels multiply fast than a death in the family........do you want to learn the hard way? Get those squirrels some decent sunflower seeds and roasted peanuts, or deer cor...it is dirt cheap.... and they will not enter your attic, gnaw on your wiring and burn your house down...something they do about 50,000 times a year to those that torment them. This says 30,000...but that's because 20,000 cases were so severe no evidence was left to place blame.
http://.com/education/SquirrelsAreToBlameForHouseFires

Squirrels with plenty of feed don't eat wiring or garbage cans...if you have a Jeep...they may still eat your wiring harness......it tastes like peanuts.

Hopefully, we can get back to the serious nature of this thread and all the very important subjects that have been neglected during the Great Cheese War of 2016.

Regards!
02-09-2016, 10:53 PM   #23411
Pentaxian

BTW- That Cheese Melt doesn't say a word about cheese as an ingredient, but it does have locust bean gum in it.....that's gotta be rich in nutrients and flavanoids. Some other stuff in it will require a chemical engineer to decipher, but I bet it is all just a valuable to a healthy diet. Learned something too....I never knew locusts chewed gum! Shopping Aldis is educational!

Regards!
"Locust bean', is that bean shaped things made by locusts?

Last edited by tim60; 02-09-2016 at 10:59 PM.
02-10-2016, 01:45 AM   #23412
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Ketchup is a concentrated Tomato product with enzymes that will help your body digest the fats from burgers, or fries, (or even cheese) and thus is the logical food to eat with any fatty foods.

You can avoid ketchup... at your peril. I read a study financed by a Ketchup company.

Or to summarize... "fer god's sake put ketchup on your fries... you'll live longer." (if that's a good thing.)

My preference is to lay a slice or two of a fresh beefsteak tomato. Much better flavor, and clearly better for ones nutritional needs.

No catchup thank you very much.

Maybe some ranch dressing mixed a spoonful or two of sweet pickle relish.

A slice of sharp Tillamook cheddar.

Lettuce, of course.

And always several slices of thick cut bacon. Hickory smoked bacon.

On a fresh ciabatta roll.
02-10-2016, 02:56 AM - 1 Like   #23413
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
and this is moderating?
I would hate to see you throwing fuel on the fire!

Hey, moderators are people too.
02-10-2016, 02:58 AM   #23414
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

That's because they are at my house chewing on my garbage can!

Tell Otis that if this continues, the truce will be over and detente out the window!
Which means I will have to bring out my little friend...

Vera!!

How many rounds does that magazine hold?

Oh, and can you find ammunition for that thing? I've heard from other guys that 22 ammo has become scarce.
02-10-2016, 04:38 AM   #23415
Veteran Member

Nothing makes squirrels multiply fast than a death in the family..
I wasn't planning on killing them!(body dumps are a pain) More like: Dance vermin, dance!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
How many rounds does that magazine hold?
30 rounds. I got three of them. Getting ready for the squirrel zombie apocalypse! As for ammo? Still scarce, but I have enough stashed to keep me going for a while!