Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
02-13-2016, 04:39 AM - 1 Like   #23521
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
So is your flatulence rate running around 44% then?
I have a progressive rate, but yes, I believe the rate is about 45% for high pressure flatulence.

Whatever the rate, it stinks.

02-13-2016, 06:03 AM - 1 Like   #23522
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
So, whatya thinkin'? A few squirrel pelts maybe?
I was thinking more in the hundred acres, large house, with an ocean view range; but we could somewhere in the middle.
02-13-2016, 08:09 AM   #23523
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I was thinking more in the hundred acres, large house, with an ocean view range; but we could somewhere in the middle.
Gee you don't dream very big, do you.

I dream 100 sections with a mountain range view.

Oh, wait. You're already there.
02-13-2016, 08:32 AM - 1 Like   #23524
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

What?

Squirrels are not human?

Do Otis and his Minions know this?
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I sure hope so - at that last 'Squirrel Pride' march, they were chanting "we're here, we're squirrels, get used to it!" pretty emphatically.
I hear from Otis that the SCOTUS will rule in June that "squirrels are people too".. This is going to change everything.sq1

.....have a good day.......you just never know.....

I went to pick up my Jeep yesterday...new brakes and a wheel cylinder. Paid the bill, drove off in rush hour traffic on the busiest highway in town...heard some strange noises.....about three miles later turned around to head back to the shop when it started vibrating. Left rear wheel came off and passed me in the oncoming traffic lane. Yep, you need to tighten those lug nuts, it's kinda important.

Very fortunately, unbelievably so, no one was killed or injured, there was no massive collision, no accident at all...just my poor little Wrangler sitting on the bare left rear hub in the middle of the highway.

It's not all fun, is it?

02-13-2016, 08:51 AM   #23525
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Oh, wait. You're already there.
Our nearest mountains are nearly 200 mile away.
The sea coast is just a bit farther.

Last edited by Parallax; 02-13-2016 at 08:58 AM.
02-13-2016, 08:53 AM   #23526
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Left rear wheel came off and passed me in the oncoming traffic lane.
I would loved to have been there for the conversation you had with the mechanic and the manager.
02-13-2016, 08:57 AM   #23527
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I hear from Otis that the SCOTUS will rule in June that "squirrels are people too".. This is going to change everything.:sq1:
"Moderators are people too"

"Squirrels are people too"

What's next?

"Lawyers are..."?!

QuoteQuote:
I went to pick up my Jeep yesterday...new brakes and a wheel cylinder. Paid the bill, drove off in rush hour traffic on the busiest highway in town...heard some strange noises.....about three miles later turned around to head back to the shop when it started vibrating. Left rear wheel came off and passed me in the oncoming traffic lane. Yep, you need to tighten those lug nuts, it's kinda important.

Very fortunately, unbelievably so, no one was killed or injured, there was no massive collision, no accident at all...just my poor little Wrangler sitting on the bare left rear hub in the middle of the highway.

It's not all fun, is it?
Crikey! One would think they knew how to properly tighten lug nuts at the garage

02-13-2016, 08:57 AM   #23528
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I would loved to have been there for the conversation you had with the mechanic and the manager.
"Conversation". Sure.
02-13-2016, 08:59 AM   #23529
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank goodness it wasn't worse - my brother caught one of those stray wheels in the grill one time. A different bounce, a couple millisecond's difference in timing, and it would have been through the windshield.
02-13-2016, 09:10 AM   #23530
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
"Conversation".
I suspect it was actually a monologue. If it had been me, it would probably have continued as a soliloquy long after I left the place.
02-13-2016, 09:26 AM   #23531
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If you had 100 sections in a 1x100 pattern they'd be . . . . closer.

Retirement:

100 Sections, 10x10
Fence
Registered Brand
Brand Portal
Vintage outbuildings
Log Home, 5 sections in
Verandah
Rush seat rocker
Winchester 94/30-30

I'll call (you) if I want to talk.

I could swap time @ Boca Grande.
02-13-2016, 09:49 AM - 1 Like   #23532
Veteran Member

Crikey! One would think they knew how to properly tighten lug nuts at the garage
"Conversation". Sure.
Actually, I stayed pretty calm, never got irate, never lost my cool. I was sort of shocked that I didn't, but I have done a lot of business at this place, and it has always been superior. I like the owner and the particular mechanic is one of the best around. Not sure at this time just what went wrong in his routine...I do know he test drove it for 5.1 miles......I checked that when I got in it to leave.
If it had been another shop, it would have been different....the wheel came off directly in front of my attorney's office.....and I'm pretty certain that would have been where I would have gone first.
Good people make mistakes......we do have to recognize it, hard as it is. What matters now is how they handle it.

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Thank goodness it wasn't worse - my brother caught one of those stray wheels in the grill one time. A different bounce, a couple millisecond's difference in timing, and it would have been through the windshield.
Listen, I hear you loud and clear. It was a momentary lull in traffic or there could have been a major tragedy. When I got out and (quickly) retrieved the wheel there were no cars near in either direction....a very rare situation on the busiest day and time of the week.....and they go fast down that road...it's like a drag race from light to light.
I'm still saying my thanks no one was killed or injured. Jeeps can be repaired or replaced, people not so much.

"Moderators are people too"

"Squirrels are people too"

What's next?

"Lawyers are..."?!

Let's don't get ridiculous!
02-13-2016, 10:04 AM   #23533
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Glad that all worked out. I once watched the left front wheel come off a big rig at interstate highway speed, at dusk. From 100 feet behind I tapped the brake pedal to disengage cruise control, hit the brakes harder and watched the wheel cross into the median, bounce high in the air, come back out on our side and cross over to the right, demolishing a section of fence. As I passed the rig on the shoulder I saw the wheel bearing glowing bright orange and what was left of the grease burning.

If it had crossed through the median . . .
02-13-2016, 10:19 AM   #23534
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico

Mount Rushmore is in some mountains.

Not so far from your Prairie location.
02-13-2016, 10:26 AM - 1 Like   #23535
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Glad that all worked out. I once watched the left front wheel come off a big rig at interstate highway speed, at dusk. From 100 feet behind I tapped the brake pedal to disengage cruise control, hit the brakes harder and watched the wheel cross into the median, bounce high in the air, come back out on our side and cross over to the right, demolishing a section of fence. As I passed the rig on the shoulder I saw the wheel bearing glowing bright orange and what was left of the grease burning.

If it had crossed through the median . . .
Yep...I was once coming out of Ft Worth on the Interstate when in a steep curve a big rig passed a small KIA that was in the right lane at highway speed. There was a huge puff of smoky cloud on the right side of the truck and the little KIA spun off the road and went tumbling. The truck kept on going. Several of us stopped and though no one was seriously injured, the little car was totaled. We did have a description of the truck and they did stop it down the road.
I try not to linger anywhere near a big rig. On a hot Texas day those tires are ticking time bombs.

My bet is that Racer never drove on bad tires, but I do see trucks that have tires that are pathetic. It puts everyone at risk.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »