Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
News flash ... the K3ii has arrived ... a new younger version

02-14-2016, 09:39 AM   #23582
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
News flash ... the K3ii has arrived ... a new younger version
You still think the K-3II needs a built-in flash?

02-14-2016, 09:51 AM   #23583
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

K3 loves you ... rinse & repeat.

K3 - K3 Loves You - YouTube
I'll rinse and repeat any day.
02-14-2016, 09:53 AM   #23584
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I'll rinse and repeat any day.
Old K3 ... or

new K3ii ... or

both ?!

02-14-2016, 09:56 AM   #23585
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Old K3 ... or

new K3ii ... or

both ?!
Whatever comes my way. I have no preconceptions. it might take 3 tries to decide, though.
02-14-2016, 10:41 AM   #23586
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
You still think the K-3II needs a built-in flash?

They flash too? 😎
02-14-2016, 12:20 PM   #23587
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I thought the answer would be something like this. Our desire to cut cost in what we buy ripples back through the supply chain till some poor truck driver cannot even drive legally and safely and satisfy the boss. In England the motorway speed limit is 60mph for large vehicles and 70mph for cars. Some truck companies have decided it is cheaper for their drivers to drive at a speed a bit below 60mph on the road and all are speed governed to 60mph. It causes serious congestion on a 3 lane (each way) motorway when a truck doing 60 pulls out to the middle lane to pass a truck doing 58, and then when they hit a hill, maybe the one doing the passing loses ground on the 58 truck, even further extended the time blocking the middle lane of the route, allowing only one lane to pass at 70. Also, it is a requirement to only pass on the right, and when there are trucks ahead many people do not pull back to the left lane for fear of smoothly changing right to pass the next truck.

Split speed limits suck. Some, but not all US states have split speed limits, as do most Canadian provinces. In my opinion it is unsafe. As you point out the congestion caused by speed limited trucks creates unsafe situations. Add to that truck drivers who linger in the middle lane out of laziness (most say it is bothersome to deal with traffic entering and exiting the freeway), and things can be difficult at best.

Experienced drivers who also drive unrestricted trucks are constantly frustrated by these limited trucks, particularly when operating in a state without split limits. The refer to these slow rigs playing the slow speed passing game as a 'race'.

Here is a shot I took in Arizona, where the limit is 75, a CRST/Werner 'race'. It took me several miles to get by.

Another problem created by speed limited trucks is a phenomenon called 'cluster trucking'. This is where 3 or more limited rigs lumber along, completely blocking traffic. Bad enough in good weather, it becomes quite dangerous in periods of inclement weather, rain or snow. Very hazardous.

The next photo was in Iowa, where the limit is 70. These rigs were poking along at 60ish.

02-14-2016, 12:49 PM   #23588
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Split speed limits suck. Some, but not all US states have split speed limits, as do most Canadian provinces. In my opinion it is unsafe. As you point out the congestion caused by speed limited trucks creates unsafe situations. Add to that truck drivers who linger in the middle lane out of laziness (most say it is bothersome to deal with traffic entering and exiting the freeway), and things can be difficult at best.

Experienced drivers who also drive unrestricted trucks are constantly frustrated by these limited trucks, particularly when operating in a state without split limits. The refer to these slow rigs playing the slow speed passing game as a 'race'.

Here is a shot I took in Arizona, where the limit is 75, a CRST/Werner 'race'. It took me several miles to get by.

Another problem created by speed limited trucks is a phenomenon called 'cluster trucking'. This is where 3 or more limited rigs lumber along, completely blocking traffic. Bad enough in good weather, it becomes quite dangerous in periods of inclement weather, rain or snow. Very hazardous.

The next photo was in Iowa, where the limit is 70. These rigs were poking along at 60ish.

At least in England the speed limited trucks are never allowed to go into the outside lane, so on a three lane motorway they cannot completely block it. But the other problems are evident. Can be a problem on a two lane each way divided road though, because they are allowed to pass. They have plenty of cameras deployed to catch those doing the wrong thing too. That helps everyone else because they will not do relly frustrating thins.

Driving here is a bit of a sport with hazards I have not seen in most other places I have been, such as two way roads that become functionally one lane roads when people park on one side, sometimes for quite long distances and around bends of cars parked continuously. And they have so many roundabouts - actually a great traffic management tools - they make who has right of way clear but do not unnecessarily stop traffic like traffic lights do. Also narrow centuries old bridges that require taking turns with oncoming traffic etc. And farmers driving tractors with big trailers along major roads during peak period. Double deck buses out in the countryside.
02-14-2016, 08:53 PM   #23589
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

This thread just goes dead...I told Otis you guys disappear and have those get-togethers for big Lewdfish parties and don't invite us because we have better sense than to eat that vile stuff. No action for 7 hours.....Otis said you guys must be doing a lot of puking? What a horrible odor that must be!

Regards!
02-14-2016, 09:01 PM   #23590
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Rupert, some think that 7 hours without a post is better than having one of your conversations with Otis recorded.
02-14-2016, 09:41 PM   #23591
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
This thread just goes dead...

This thread is immortal.

It will never die.

But breaks are allowed.

For bacon.

But not a K3.

Ever.
02-14-2016, 10:10 PM - 1 Like   #23592
Pentaxian

I went fabric shopping for upholstery fabric (that was on sale) to use as dog bed covers. No bacon, no cheese, just fabric.
02-14-2016, 10:18 PM   #23593
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
I went fabric shopping for upholstery fabric
Big NEWS.

...much better than man-squirrel conversations! (sorry Rupert (...sort of...))
02-14-2016, 10:38 PM   #23594
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Big NEWS.

...much better than man-squirrel conversations! (sorry Rupert (...sort of...))
At $2.50 a yard it's a good deal, easy to pull off and wash and dogs have stylish beds. I need to shout this everywhere!
02-14-2016, 10:45 PM   #23595
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I took a bunch of squirrel pelts and made a nice winter coat for Mrs. Racer.