Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
03-11-2016, 09:10 AM   #24376
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
if you mention him, your post maybe subject to deletion and a reprimand???
Not in this thread.
Name:  squirrel sanctuary.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  4.2 KB

03-11-2016, 09:41 AM   #24377
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Not in this thread.
Attachment 302189
That's good. I was going to say that if it came down to it, I was willing to plea for incarceration in The Lounge or The Thread, where, much like the US prison system, the inmates are expected to drive each other crazy.

But not the FF forum. I'm not a monster.
03-11-2016, 09:43 AM   #24378
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Not in this thread.
Attachment 302189

Fishin' for another Otis Award? You just got one....we don't want people to think Otis is biased!

How's Otis taking all of this? He has retired to his big Penthouse in the tall oak tree and took a couple of his female assistants with him to console his wounded little heart. I hear some boombox music and just saw an empty Champagne bottle hit the ground....so I'm pretty sure the girls have the situation under control?

Regards!

BTW- Otis asked earlier.....How could anyone not love a handsome devil like me?
03-11-2016, 11:40 AM - 1 Like   #24379
Veteran Member

Breaking news from moments ago.....Otis is free again! The ruling came from our beloved Supreme Leader of PForums, as a result of a mutually agreed compromise that will keep Otis in all his favorite places and his ability to respond to his mention in others. Should work well for everyone and Otis has promised he won't cheat...and I made him uncross his little paws when he made the pledge!

This is seriously good news to me...I have a lot of friends here I would dearly miss if I left with Otis. I was not in danger personally, but Otis was dangerously threatened. My contract with Otis says....."thick or thin...good times or bad".

Anyhow, now that we have rescued Otis, can we have a little snack..... Maybe we can bring the bacon and join her?

If model Chrissy Teigen likes Velveeta, shouldn't you?
"She admits to loving Velveeta so much she “wishes it came out a faucet,” just like the rest of us do."

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/239325-why-i-wont-buy-k3-w...#ixzz42cZ82976

Best Regards! & Thanks to my friends here...... from me...and Otis!

03-11-2016, 11:50 AM - 1 Like   #24380
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

If she would personally serve it to me I could probably learn to tolerate it.
03-11-2016, 11:55 AM - 1 Like   #24381
Pentaxian

Ooh you like to live dangerous, eh? I seem to recall Mrs Parallax knows how to use shootin' irons too...
03-11-2016, 11:57 AM   #24382
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
"She admits to loving Velveeta so much she “wishes it came out a faucet,” just like the rest of us do."

If liking Velveeta is her only sin I could forgive her.

But.

She has an ancient Chinese disease.

Too young.

I am nearly old enough to be her grandfather.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 03-11-2016 at 12:29 PM.
03-11-2016, 11:58 AM   #24383
Veteran Member

If she would personally serve it to me I could probably learn to tolerate it.
We might get several Velveeta converts? I'm gonna stop on the serving suggestions, Otis just got out of jail, I don't need to be putting myself in jeopardy!

Imagination is a wonderful gift of the mind......

Regards!
03-11-2016, 11:59 AM   #24384
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
I seem to recall Mrs Parallax knows how to use shootin' irons too...
Yes, she does, but it's that damned cast iron skillet that really scares me.

Imagination is a wonderful gift of the mind....
Yes. Yes indeed.
03-11-2016, 12:15 PM   #24385
Veteran Member

Got to run to town...Aldis called and they just got in a fresh shipment of those tuna/chicken salad kits.....they've been out of the chicken salad and my Chocolate Girlfriend have been squealing for more!

This one is not Chrissy...but she works for me!

Regards!
03-11-2016, 12:22 PM - 1 Like   #24386
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I am nearly old enough to be her grandfather.
And I'd probably be too young for her
03-11-2016, 12:25 PM   #24387
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
This is a sad day.
Maybe someday I'll elaborate.

No. We may have lost the participation of a valued member of the forum and a personal friend of mine.
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
The silence of a particular member is deafening.
There was an anti squirrel campaign recently that may have succeded.
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I may have witnessed the exchange that led to the anti-squirrel campaign, but I'd hoped the matter had settled down quietly. I have to say I would much rather it be that than something in the "real world" (Velveeta-induced stroke may not have been my first thought, but it was up there.)

All this mystery and subterfuge has me baffled. After our Great m0dUlat0rz first posts my thoughts ran the gamut from fear to sadness. I had concern for our dear friend Jim from The Lonestar.

Was he ill?

Then I reread the M0dz second post.

It said 'left'.

So at least my concerns for the health and welfare of our dear friend were placed to rest.

Still, whenever a member of our club becomes disenchanted and chooses to take their leave, it is always a sad day. I know from my limited experience on internet forums that sometimes communications can be misinterpreted, and feelings will get stepped on because of it.

I always try to carefully compose comments and consider my audience, but still manage to get crossthreaded now and then. Case in point, a post I made in a marketplace listing recently. My comment, intended to be supportive, was taken as the opposite, corrected by the 'staff', and a friendly PM sent to me.

Meh.

No lives were lost, no blood drawn.

No harm, no foul.

No reason to get butthurt over it, right?

Easy squeeze.

No pain, no stain.

Still, I will not buy a K3.

I'm waiting for the K1 to come down in price. I have lots of full frame glass waiting for a camera that will make full use of the larger image circle.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 03-12-2016 at 04:11 AM.
03-11-2016, 12:26 PM   #24388
Veteran Member

Got to run to town....Aldis called, they have a new shipment of those little chicken/tuna salad kits. They've been out of the chicken and my Chocolate Girlfriends have been squealing for them.

She's not Chrissy.......but she works just fine for me.....gotta keep 'em happy!

Regards!

BTW- No, I do not frequent that bar...it is where I sit and get a free tonic and lime while I wait for my pick up order at Pasta Fina...a fine Italian restaurant/Bar. A friend of mine and his lovely wife ate with us there a while back....great food and a nice atmosphere!

My drinking is limited to a glass of that red shoe polish just before bedtime......by golly, it works wonders in helping you get a good nights sleep...or shining your shoes!
03-11-2016, 12:33 PM   #24389
Veteran Member

My drinking is limited to a glass of that red shoe polish just before bedtime......by golly, it works wonders in helping you get a good nights sleep...or shining your shoes!
Great, now you made me want some red wine. Guess I'll have to surgically separate myself from my dissertation, leave the house and get down to the supermarket ...

I have also noted that being tipsy I fall asleep more quickly, but my sleep is not as good. Especially in the later phases I often wake up slightly confused. Several times now I have woken up, went back to sleep, woke up again, thought it must be time to get up by now and jumped out of bed, just to find that it was 4:30 am or 5:15

This pattern is pretty consistent with the literature which claims that alcohol makes you fall asleep easier but disrupts sleep especially in its later stages, in the early morning.
03-11-2016, 12:57 PM - 1 Like   #24390
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not in this thread.
Attachment 302189
Well, glad that's sorted! I for one would have hated to see Rupert (and Otis) gone. I'm sure we all agree.