Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2016, 06:08 PM   #24421
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I once had a nightmare
I just lived a 5 hour nightmare and I was fully awake!

Older daughters 2000 Grand Cherokee, replace crank position sensor, done it before, it`s a pain but doable.
Got the old sensor out, put the new one in and started to tighten the mounting bolt, spin spin spin... The threads in the aluminum bell-housing were gone! Lots of bilingual four letter words followed.
Anyhow, was too busy dealing with this to even bother considering getting the livE hociR.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G900V  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-G900V  Photo 
03-12-2016, 06:21 PM   #24422
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I just lived a 5 hour nightmare and I was fully awake!

Must be in the air today...I am sick at heart .......read the first page...I posted this earlier to get some answers.....never expected this to happen.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/316399-some-old-guy-k1-que...ml#post3568752

Regards!

Rupert
03-12-2016, 06:51 PM   #24423
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Must be in the air today...I am sick at heart .......read the first page...I posted this earlier to get some answers.....never expected this to happen.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/316399-some-old-guy-k1-que...ml#post3568752

Regards!

Rupert
A tragedy! I feel your pain!
03-12-2016, 07:27 PM   #24424
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
A tragedy! I feel your pain!
Thanks...I am sick inside but it will pass. Catastrophes hit us all sooner or later but you never get immune to that sick feeling.

Regards!

03-12-2016, 07:52 PM   #24425
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have to think that when it happened you said something like "shucks" or "darn" or "Well that's unfortunate".
Am I close?
03-12-2016, 08:49 PM   #24426
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's too bad... Sounds like it found out you were considering upgrading and committed suicide. Even if you can never fully "replace" a camera you were attached to, it will be a lot easier to find a substitute body (whether K-5IIs or K-1*) than another Bigma to put on it.

*I'm not going to say anything about getting a K-3 or K-3II in THIS thread.
03-12-2016, 09:03 PM   #24427
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I have to think that when it happened you said something like "shucks" or "darn" or "Well that's unfortunate".
Am I close?
How did you guess???

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
it will be a lot easier to find a substitute body (whether K-5IIs or K-1*) than another Bigma to put on it.
Yes, the Bigma appears unharmed, though I had a heck of a time getting the mounting flange off of it. I went slow, not wanting to compound the damage already done. .

I like what my Grandad always used to say at such times..."It will all work out, maybe to my misery." I hope not to more misery.

Regards!...nighty night.....two glasses of red shoe polish tonight, I need to sleep off the heartache.

I may sleep with the little comforter Mrs Rupert brought me from her shopping trip, she was very sympathetic to my loss...probably not enough to cuddle up real close tonight....so she got me this......

You guys be more careful than I was....we don't want to make burying cameras a routine around here.

03-12-2016, 10:44 PM   #24428
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Yep, that's how it should work, but there is a number of sleep disorders where that mechanism fails.
Ah, okay.

Always interesting to get clues as to how something works by watching when it fails i.e. Phineas Gage.
03-13-2016, 12:46 AM   #24429
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Am I close?
Or just "oh"?
03-13-2016, 04:52 AM   #24430
Pentaxian

As a public service, I can later post some strong French "vernacular" for such situations ... a few things a bit stronger than "merde" ...
03-13-2016, 05:39 AM   #24431
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Yes, the Bigma appears unharmed, though I had a heck of a time getting the mounting flange off of it. I went slow, not wanting to compound the damage already done. .
At least that's something - hopefully nothing inside is loose

QuoteQuote:
You guys be more careful than I was....we don't want to make burying cameras a routine around here.
Oh. I read that as "we don't want to make buying cameras a routine around here". For a moment there I thought you had seriously gone around the bend.

Hmm?

Oh.

03-13-2016, 06:03 AM   #24432
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Jim, see my post in your K-1 thread.
03-13-2016, 07:27 AM   #24433
Veteran Member

Jim, see my post in your K-1 thread.
Got it! Thanks so much Jim....and when I had a K20D it was wonderful! As I said, I will be deciding in a day or two on which way to go...until then the Toy Cameras will suffice just fine. I need to use them more anyhow.

Try to visualize this......I told Otis, who almost cried when I told him of the catastrophe.......that I was thinking of buying a better grade of camera that could survive a hard crash to the floor...and I was thinking Nikon.

Now try to picture hundreds of little furry rodents lined up on that long cedar fence all holding matches and all shouting "Get the Jumper!!!"

I was quick to get the truth out there....by holding up a sign in my window, Pentax Forever! .....I wouldn't have dared to step outside!

Regards!

I'm kinda slow......but I just realized I can't buy a K3 and stay in this thread, I would be soundly chastised, tarred and feathered, and run out of town.......this decision is not going to be as hard as I thought!
03-13-2016, 07:37 AM - 1 Like   #24434
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, for a minimal contribution to the retirement fund of each of this thread's participants we could overlook a K-3 purchase.
Nikon? Just make sure your bags are packed.
03-13-2016, 08:14 AM   #24435
Veteran Member

Sad news indeed Rupert.
I can loan you my Q with adapter.

« AF1 vs AF2 | - »