Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108811 Likes Search this Thread
03-13-2016, 10:43 AM   #24436
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This wasn't as hard as I anticipated!
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/316478-envelope-please-decision-made.html

Takes a load off my mind, and as Otis says, "There's lots of space in there for not much of nothin'....and that's what you are using it for."

I think I will celebrate with a fine lunch for Mrs Rupert!

Japanese noodles from Aldis....2 for $1 on sale!

Real veggies!....a few tiny flakes of carrots and 5-6 kernels of corn!
Name:  DSCF9833-800.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  481.3 KB

Doesn't matter.....I'll add what counts! Velveeta!
Name:  DSCF9834-800.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  422.5 KB

Whip up a fruit salad and I'm done! No wonder Mrs Rupert loves me!

Regards!

03-13-2016, 10:50 AM - 1 Like   #24437
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
.............and I was thinking Nikon.

Now that's just crazy talk.
03-13-2016, 11:02 AM - 1 Like   #24438
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Lots of bilingual four letter words followed.

Having grown up watching dad, uncles and grandpas working on cars and trucks I always thought that type or work could only be accomplished using four letter expletives.

And consuming copious amounts of adult malted barley pops while smoking one cigarette after another.

Yep.

I know all those words.

And because I cut myself and some oil got in it I was doomed to a lifetime of fixing things.

****!

03-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #24439
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Now that's just crazy talk.
Otis said it "wasn't even funny.".....you know he is right again.

I could have used some help on that mounting flange, the little spring-like washer behind it was...and is...a mystery to me, hell, it's all a mystery to me. The tiny screws are hard to hold.....even with steady hands they are difficult to position. I hope I can send it off and get it repaired, but I'm not holding my breath. It will work as MF camera.....that's better than nothing and I'll have the K1 so I should be in good shape soon.

As for the cursing, I use damn and hell often, maybe too often, but other than those not so much. Over the years around my customers I wouldn't even allow my help to use those......and I didn't either. I guess I finally learned to do without and even when angry seldom use more.....but when that lens was on its way down from the shelf and I helplessly watched it going......Son of a......!!!!!!

Regards!

03-13-2016, 11:32 AM - 1 Like   #24440
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats Jim Rupert!

now drink lots of water, you'll shirley have a sodium spike after that lunch!
03-13-2016, 01:13 PM   #24441
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
now drink lots of water, you'll shirley have a sodium spike after that lunch!
I don't salt anything extra, so now I have my sodium intake all the way 'til April without concern! Sort of like a two week salt vitamin!

Mrs Rupert wasn't all that pleased...but loved the fruit salad....strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and bananas with cashews and whipped topping....cherry on top. I make them for every evening meal and sometimes for lunch on Sunday.

Always something like this...

The rest of the noodles will go to the nightly raccoon dinner. She is pregnant and I mostly feed her high grade dry dog food....but throw on some treats like BBQ chicken, pizza, and hamburgers (cut the onions!) for treats every night. She will gladly bring her oh so cute babies around when they are old enough.....they bring them every year and I love to have them around at night!
Unlike squirrels, raccoons are not very talkative...I know little of their language so far. I know things like "Good!"..."Real Good" ..."Not Good!" ...."Want More!!" ...stuff like that. I guess that's all they need to say?

Fun little guys!

Regards!
03-13-2016, 01:35 PM   #24442
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

The tiny screws are hard to hold.....

One word Jim.

Tweezers.

03-13-2016, 01:52 PM - 1 Like   #24443
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
One word Jim.

Tweezers.
I thought of that but I'd have had to get up and go get them.....so I just spent an extra 30 minutes trying to hand handle them. I bet you have done similar? Why are we like that?

Regards!
03-13-2016, 02:49 PM   #24444
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Why are we like that?

Regards!
My wife tells me, once in a while (read: every chance she gets.), that I'm stubborn.
She also claims I'm opinionated, but that's a whole other issue.
03-13-2016, 03:14 PM   #24445
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This wasn't as hard as I anticipated!
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/316478-envelope-please-decision-made.html

Takes a load off my mind, and as Otis says, "There's lots of space in there for not much of nothin'....and that's what you are using it for."

I think I will celebrate with a fine lunch for Mrs Rupert!

Japanese noodles from Aldis....2 for $1 on sale!

Real veggies!....a few tiny flakes of carrots and 5-6 kernels of corn!
Attachment 302493

Doesn't matter.....I'll add what counts! Velveeta!
Attachment 302492

Whip up a fruit salad and I'm done! No wonder Mrs Rupert loves me!

Regards!
You are thinking outside of the box by combining Yakisoba and Velveeta! I like then both and must try that next time.
Cheers.
edit: and some Bacon bits!

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 03-13-2016 at 03:29 PM.
03-13-2016, 03:48 PM   #24446
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
My wife tells me, once in a while (read: every chance she gets.), that I'm stubborn.
She also claims I'm opinionated, but that's a whole other issue.
Jim, we know each other and we both know that is just not true, yet our wives conspire to convince us it is. Last time they were together Mrs Rupert said....."I bet he is as hard headed as you are". Reckon where she got an idea like that? See what I mean?

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
You are thinking outside of the box by combining Yakisoba and Velveeta! I like then both and must try that next time.
Cheers.
edit: and some Bacon bits!
Finn.....I have been eating the noodles with Velveeta for years and it is highly addictive. I have infected many others with this idea, and none has ever regretted it. You try it and you will love it. Add a slice..or two.....let it melt in until it is all creamy...and yes, bacon bits work well too! I prefer the chicken flavor for the Velveeta, they compliment each other perfectly!

Regards!
03-13-2016, 03:59 PM   #24447
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Last time they were together Mrs Rupert said....."I bet he is as hard headed as you are". Reckon where she got an idea like that? See what I mean?

Regards!
I have a theory as to how they come up with that stuff. I think it's something to do with XX vs XY. Apparently, it's something in the information contained in that lower right leg of the second X that's missing in the Y.
"Men are stubborn", "I have no idea what a thermostat is for or how it works", "If a man speaks in the forest and there's no woman to hear it, he's still wrong". That sort of information.

Last edited by Parallax; 03-13-2016 at 04:08 PM.
03-13-2016, 04:28 PM - 1 Like   #24448
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

As for the cursing, I use damn and hell often, maybe too often, but other than those not so much. Over the years around my customers I wouldn't even allow my help to use those......and I didn't either. I guess I finally learned to do without and even when angry seldom use more.....but when that lens was on its way down from the shelf and I helplessly watched it going......Son of a......!!!!!!:
Some times being multilingual can be a bit problematic. At work, I was speaking with an employee and we were talking about the "side" of something. Problem is, in Afrikaans, "side" is "kant" which is pronounced exactly the same way as a certain very rude swear word. One of the other employees was looking at us with eyes and mouth open in shock until I explained that we were not actually swearing.

Same thing happened at a junior soccer game where I was speaking to a teacher about a particular school subject he was teaching. Several parents were looking at us with unease as we were talking about the "subject" which in Afrikaans is "vak", which, I kid you not, is pronounced exactly like the word I say when I bump things of a shelf!

So, Rupert, next time you have a clumsy moment, you can always yell out "subject" and "side" in Afrikaans.
03-13-2016, 04:31 PM - 1 Like   #24449
Veteran Member

Yep..."its hot in here and the AC is running full blast...turn down the thermostat". How many times have I heard it and how many times have I explained it.....won't be long until I hear it again...anyone wanna bet?

Bless their little hearts, and while we might could live without them, it just wouldn't be the same would it?

Mrs Rupert did crack me up at lunch when she asked if the K1, being a Pro camera, would make me a Pro?

She came into my office topless earlier and wanted me to wash her back with alcohol. I told her Otis was peeking at her naked body and she grabbed her towel and covered instantly...then mumbled "What a sick little pervert he is!" "I wish you would get rid of Otis"

Aren't they fun!

Regards!
03-13-2016, 04:43 PM   #24450
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jim, we know each other and we both know that is just not true, yet our wives conspire to convince us it is. Last time they were together Mrs Rupert said....."I bet he is as hard headed as you are". Reckon where she got an idea like that? See what I mean?

Finn.....I have been eating the noodles with Velveeta for years and it is highly addictive. I have infected many others with this idea, and none has ever regretted it. You try it and you will love it. Add a slice..or two.....let it melt in until it is all creamy...and yes, bacon bits work well too! I prefer the chicken flavor for the Velveeta, they compliment each other perfectly!

Regards!
Not exactly a rookie when it comes to noodles. I like to stay well stocked
Done some Velveeta also, just not the next level you took it to!
Attached Images