Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2016, 01:51 PM   #24721
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Make it stop! Make it stop!
Uhhhhhh.... I've got to go lie down now?

03-22-2016, 01:54 PM   #24722
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Some people have never stood in front of a 90 mile an hour fast ball coming at you from 90 feet away.

If one of those guys decides to hit you, you are going to be hit. Fast has nothing to do with it. D

I was always nice to opposing pitchers.

When they came up to bat I'd be all "Nice day today , I hope your family is doing well. "

Heck, if you guys were throwing a solid little ball 90 miles an hour 2 feet from my head on a regular basis, I'd be nice to all of you too.
A cricket pitch is one chain from stumps to stumps, so the bowler is allowed to release the ball from the bowling crease, about 4ft closer to the batsman, who in turn is standing on the batting crease, the same line at the other end of the pitch. That is, the batsman and bowler are separated by about 20 yards at the time the ball is bowled, at 100mph (perhaps).
03-22-2016, 02:04 PM   #24723
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Mrs Bob took even more drastic measures.
Is the "5.00" price tag on top of the trap, for the trap or the contents? $5/lb for fresh Brunswick Stew ingredients seems kind of steep...
03-22-2016, 02:25 PM   #24724
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
$5/lb for fresh Brunswick Stew ingredients seems kind of steep...
If that is correct I am about to make a killing.....a giant killing, literally! I love the squirrels, but at $5. a pound I can love the raccoons more!

03-22-2016, 02:32 PM   #24725
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Is the "5.00" price tag on top of the trap, for the trap or the contents? $5/lb for fresh Brunswick Stew ingredients seems kind of steep...
Garage sale sticker, I leave 'em on so I can remember what I paid for stuff.
This fellow was incarcerated for flower pot digging, probably for hidden acorns.
Released unharmed, but I thought about harming him when I saw the gnaw marks on the deck rail.

Sorry, learning that Brunswick stew should be made with squirrel, not yard bird, seemed like useful learning to me.
03-22-2016, 02:45 PM   #24726
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry, learning that Brunswick stew should be made with squirrel, not yard bird, seemed like useful learning to me.
Hmmmmmm - that's probably because you cook a lot more than I do. May have to get a ruling on this one...
03-22-2016, 02:55 PM   #24727
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
she started taking defensive measures
Would this help?

Or would this be better?

03-22-2016, 03:07 PM   #24728
Veteran Member

Mrs Bob took even more drastic measures.
I am hereby putting in a request for extradition to Scotland on account of ... mh ... let's see ... some sort of crimes committed some time somewhere around here, possibly.
03-22-2016, 03:35 PM - 1 Like   #24729
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Good to see that the chatter here is progressing at the usual vigorous rate and that the fate of both the hociR and Tokyo are secure.

I have been out of commission for the last week or so recuperating from surgical insertion of replacement knee parts. Before consenting to the surgery, I was assured that none of the hociR's wares would be utilized and that the "mark" of the hociR will not appear on the back of my thigh or elsewhere. So far - so good.

Steve
03-22-2016, 03:44 PM   #24730
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome back Steve, hoping for a speedy recovery.
03-22-2016, 06:49 PM   #24731
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Good to see that the chatter here is progressing at the usual vigorous rate and that the fate of both the hociR and Tokyo are secure.

I have been out of commission for the last week or so recuperating from surgical insertion of replacement knee parts. Before consenting to the surgery, I was assured that none of the hociR's wares would be utilized and that the "mark" of the hociR will not appear on the back of my thigh or elsewhere. So far - so good.

Steve
Welcome back. Hopefully you won't set of any airport alarms!
03-22-2016, 07:47 PM - 1 Like   #24732
Pentaxian

Steve
Get two mirrors, it's printed on the back of your neck.....
03-22-2016, 07:52 PM   #24733
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wasn't the tselive ayoH making ceramics for medical implants in the former Pentax "factory in the park"?
03-22-2016, 07:52 PM   #24734
Veteran Member

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I have researched some and still have no idea who or what this hoc thingy is all about? Even when someone tried to explain it, I didn't "get it". But just the same, I hope you got some good parts and not anything to do with this hoc fellow?

Regards!

Gee, looky there! You left here a Pentaxian and came back a Site Supporter! I bet Otis sent you a get well gift? He does stuff like that ...sometimes.
03-22-2016, 08:13 PM   #24735
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

I have been out of commission for the last week or so recuperating from surgical insertion of replacement knee parts.

Hope it all went well, Steve.

As I understand it, cartilage, likes shots in the film canister, gets used up.