Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
03-28-2016, 06:02 AM   #24871
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I understand less about cricket than I do about that "hoc" guy.

03-28-2016, 06:10 AM   #24872
Pentaxian

Some one tried to explain cricket to me once. Some one also tried to explain to me a scientific experiment that had to do with quarks...quarks are really really small, cricket is a game you play with a ball and bat. I learn quick.
03-28-2016, 06:19 AM   #24873
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Some one tried to explain cricket to me once. Some one also tried to explain to me a scientific experiment that had to do with quarks...quarks are really really small, cricket is a game you play with a ball and bat. I learn quick.
I'm impressed, Norm. I'm impressed.
03-28-2016, 06:30 AM - 1 Like   #24874
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I'm impressed, Norm. I'm impressed.
I know, I try not to dazzle people with my vast knowledge. Most people think I'm just another pretty face.

03-28-2016, 06:46 AM   #24875
Veteran Member

I know, I try not to dazzle people with my vast knowledge. Most people think I'm just another pretty face.
Otis says...... "Another pretty face with a nice hiney!" He's not going to let you forget that Norm!

Hey Norm, I hit the "Friend" button on you and it shows in my User Control......did you see anything.... or did you refuse my request. You need to acknowledge one way or the other right here in the open. Otis says that public humiliation is "good for the soul".......and if you refused it will make me look like on of those jackass fools, which will inspire me to try and improve my behavior and keep my big mouth shut more often.

Make Otis happy or keep a friend....your choice!

Regards!
03-28-2016, 06:58 AM - 2 Likes   #24876
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Hey Norm, I hit the "Friend" button on you and it shows in my User Control......did you see anything.... or did you refuse my request.
It's interesting this friend thing...
It's made Rupert all worried.
He's been fine for nearly 10 years without it.
03-28-2016, 06:59 AM   #24877
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, that's what you get for being so utterly self-effacing.

03-28-2016, 07:03 AM   #24878
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Otis says...... "Another pretty face with a nice hiney!" He's not going to let you forget that Norm!

Hey Norm, I hit the "Friend" button on you and it shows in my User Control......did you see anything.... or did you refuse my request. You need to acknowledge one way or the other right here in the open. Otis says that public humiliation is "good for the soul".......and if you refused it will make me look like on of those jackass fools, which will inspire me to try and improve my behavior and keep my big mouth shut more often.

Make Otis happy or keep a friend....your choice!

Regards!
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
There is a friend thing? Why didn't I know about this? After, all I'm a guy who knows cricket is played with a ballad bat and quarks are really small. You'd think I'd know about something like that?

Some one start a discussion that can run 4 or 5 pages , get a couple of people banned and get closed for getting political.
03-28-2016, 07:04 AM   #24879
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Sure, that's because for 10 years I thought I had friends, then out of nowhere over in the Suggestions Thread the other night I found out I didn't have a single one! Just devastating!

Otis keeps saying over and over....."I tried to tell you!"
03-28-2016, 07:05 AM   #24880
Veteran Member

There is a friend thing? Why didn't I know about this? After, all I'm a guy who knows cricket is played with a ballad bat and quarks are really small. You'd think I'd know about something like that?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/3-site-suggestions-help/317428-question-friend.html
03-28-2016, 07:11 AM   #24881
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
When you click "friend" it sends a friend request that the recipient can accept or reject.
I don't know all of the ins and outs, but one forum feature is that you can limit PMs and/or Visitor messages to friends and Moderator.
You can also restrict contact info, "about me", and albums to friends.
Sounds complicated, way more complicated that quarks are really, really small and cricket is played with a ball and bat, anyway, I have no friend requests and no friends. So whatever the forum was supposed to do, it didn't do it.

You gotta be careful with this friend thing. Aren't friends come people who come over and drink your beer, mess up your house then leave?
03-28-2016, 07:14 AM - 1 Like   #24882
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
03-28-2016, 07:16 AM   #24883
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sounds complicated, way more complicated that quarks are really, really small and cricket is played with a ball and bat, anyway, I have no friend requests and no friends. So whatever the forum was supposed to do, it didn't do it.

You gotta be careful with this friend thing. Aren't friends come people who come over and drink your beer, mess up your house then leave?
Real friends bring drinks and snacks along and never discuss politics, religion, or your age.
03-28-2016, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #24884
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Real friends bring drinks and snacks along and never discuss politics, religion, or your age.
Well, they bring snacks and beer at least....

Friends coming over gives you an excuse to get off the photography forums and facebook and clean the house.
03-28-2016, 07:39 AM - 2 Likes   #24885
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, they bring snacks and beer at least....

Friends coming over gives you an excuse to get off the photography forums and facebook and clean the house.
Off the photography forums? What kind of a friend is that?!

Well, if they bring beer...