03-29-2016, 04:49 PM   #24932
Veteran Member

Good to hear!
03-29-2016, 05:07 PM   #24933
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Just got in...my Mom is fine, she did exceptionally well through the surgery and should make a full recovery. She didn't even have to spend more than a few minutes in recovery......she was awake and coherent quickly, with perfect vital signs so they sent her to a room and we were all there for her.

Prayers and well wishes are greatly appreciated, I do love my Mom and it does make a difference.

Just moments before surgery....she is not the worrying type.

Shortly after surgery...in good spirits and very little pain without pain meds.

Honestly....I think she made it through the day better than I did....no kidding at all.

Again, thanks for the concerns!

Best Regards!
Great to hear! And - from the photos you've posted - Tell her she does not look a day over 80!
03-29-2016, 05:55 PM - 1 Like   #24934
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Thank you all, it is much appreciated! I'm going to bed early, this day wore me out. It started way too early, then the drive in heavy traffic, then miles of walking on hard hospital floors from here to there back and forth......It wore me, really hard.

There was one funny part. With my family in her room after surgery, a nurse came in to go over some paperwork regarding post op care. My sister introduced herself, my youngest son, my oldest grandson....etc etc...then the nurse looked at me and said "this must be your husband?"

Everyone roared......my Mom looks that good or I look that bad......I'll leave that up to you guys! If that wasn't bad enough, the nurse then pointed to Mrs Rupert and asked me...."then this is your daughter?"

It was a rough day all around!

Regards!

03-29-2016, 06:08 PM   #24935
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you all, it is much appreciated! I'm going to bed early, this day wore me out. It started way too early, then the drive in heavy traffic, then miles of walking on hard hospital floors from here to there back and forth......It wore me, really hard.

There was one funny part. With my family in her room after surgery, a nurse came in to go over some paperwork regarding post op care. My sister introduced herself, my youngest son, my oldest grandson....etc etc...then the nurse looked at me and said "this must be your husband?"

Everyone roared......my Mom looks that good or I look that bad......I'll leave that up to you guys! If that wasn't bad enough, the nurse then pointed to Mrs Rupert and asked me...."then this is your daughter?"

Regards!
Yes, get some rest - sounds like you need it!

A day at the hospital is no party, whether you are the guest of honor or just an attendee. Glad your mom is doing well.
03-29-2016, 07:21 PM   #24936
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Just got in...my Mom is fine, she did exceptionally well through the surgery and should make a full recovery. She didn't even have to spend more than a few minutes in recovery......she was awake and coherent quickly, with perfect vital signs so they sent her to a room and we were all there for her.

Prayers and well wishes are greatly appreciated, I do love my Mom and it does make a difference.

Just moments before surgery....she is not the worrying type.

Shortly after surgery...in good spirits and very little pain without pain meds.

Honestly....I think she made it through the day better than I did....no kidding at all.

Again, thanks for the concerns!

Best Regards!
Great news. Hope the recovery goes well and is complete.
03-29-2016, 09:48 PM   #24937
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

Glad to hear it, James.

I visited my 87 year-old mother-in-law in hospital, recovering from a broken wrist.

She's proven to be a fairly uncooperative patient with the staff ... wish I could use your mom as an example of how a positive attitude makes everything for everyone so much easier, but I'll keep my mouth shut.

03-30-2016, 12:59 AM   #24938
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Not anymore. Washington is a community property state, but provision for spousal support is written into the law. The typical situation for support is where the marriage is long standing and/or there are significant non-community properties and/or the petitioning spouse has not been in the workforce for most/all of the marriage and the divorce would result in a significant lifestyle disparity between the parties.

We were married 3 1/2 years. She worked pretty much the whole time. Of course she had 6 or 7 different jobs, and one guy ( a good friend ) was foolish enough to hire her twice, something he frequently tells me he regrets.

The woman had an attention span about as long as her small toe. She would get all tired up about a career in this or that, jump in with both feet, and lose interest in a week or two.

And she had a way of immediately winning the respect and admiration of her peers, and then would systematically alienate and pies off all of them one by one.

She began to sabotage our relationship about 2 years in. Picked fights, hit, kicked, clawed and scratched at me. The final straw was when she started a fight, had me bleeding from cuts on my face where she had clawed at me, broke the window out of the front door (intentionally) and then tried to call the police to have me arrested for domestic violence.

I tossed her out on the spot.

The next day I picked up the do it yourself divorce papers at the stationery store, filled it out, tracked her sorry ass down and told her to sign on the line. Next stop was the county courthouse, and 90 days later I was single again.

A few years later I met Mrs. Racer 2.0, we had dinner and a show a couple times, and have been domestic partners ever since. It will be 20 years September 2017. We have a great life and compliment each other well. We own property together, and 8 years ago this coming June we built a home of our own design.

I've posted photos of it here many times, so I won't bother y'all with it again.

Sure we have had disagreements, everyone does. But we always manage to work things out, keeping peace and harmony in our humble home. We have never raised a hand toward each other.

Life is good.
03-30-2016, 01:02 AM   #24939
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Not for Mrs. Jim it wasn't.

Great to hear your mom is doing well Jim!

03-30-2016, 01:08 AM   #24940
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
In Germany we have an (unofficial) law that says "Kein Bier vor vier!", no beer before four (o'clock).

One of my uncles was quite the drinker.

He had a sign by the door that said, "No drinking until after 5"

He had a clock like this one in his house:

He took his drinking very seriously.

And even though he smoked and drank most of his adult life he is still alive and doing quite well at 83.

A tough old bird I'd say.
03-30-2016, 03:01 AM - 1 Like   #24941
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
We were married 3 1/2 years. ...
She began to sabotage our relationship about 2 years in. Picked fights, hit, kicked, clawed and scratched at me. The final straw was when she started a fight, had me bleeding from cuts on my face where she had clawed at me, broke the window out of the front door (intentionally) and then tried to call the police to have me arrested for domestic violence.
Yikes. I bet she's not on your Christmas Card list!
03-30-2016, 06:01 AM   #24942
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It was a rough day all around! Regards!
Sincerely glad that the news is positive so far. Please keep us informed, whatever happens.

BTW: More than once my wife and daughter have been taken for sisters. M is about 14 months my junior, but the gap looks more like 24 years. There's a lot of family longevity on her side, little on mine, so she'll probably get many years to play with or dispose of all my Pentax gear.
03-30-2016, 06:34 AM   #24943
Veteran Member

The first 15 years with Mrs Rupert was an absolute nightmare....we split up so many times I couldn't count them ...usually a few days, a week or maybe a month. She was the exact opposite.....a solid religious based no nonsense woman....VS... a wild and fun loving renegade that acted mostly on impulse and the moment.
My parents, on the same sensible order as Mrs Rupert, supported her 100%....whatever she needed she got. With kids involved, it was my parents that were critical in assuring that Mrs Rupert could keep them in food, clothing, and shelter...and they did.

I guess in short, I would have to say I was at times a "sorry dog". Through it all, there was a deep love for each other, unexplainable in a way, but never faltering. We hung in there and she never gave up on me...neither did my parents. When I finally realized what life was really all about, everything changed, and everything came together...not perfectly, but close enough.

As we were all in with my Mom yesterday, my Mom did not miss the opportunity to praise Mrs Rupert and once again remind that it was Mrs Rupert that "saved" her only son from an early demise at his own hands caused by his destructive living. Fast cars, fast motorcycles, wild partying and irresponsible living should have done me in before age 30...and damn near did! People that love you and never give up can make a difference...at least they did for me.

Otis says I need to label this "My True Confession".....or by her sticking around...."What Was Mrs Rupert Thinking?"

Anyhow, that's the short version of my 50 years with Mrs Rupert.....mostly very wonderful years. Without her, where would I get that K1?

BTW- Just spoke with my Mom on the phone. She is feeling great, no pain, just ate a very nice breakfast and is going home today. My sister that stayed with her last night said the doctor is amazed at her recovery. We know my Mom....we had no doubts that it would be like this. Of course, you always worry where anesthesia is involved, and scalpels, and mistakes that can happen. Relief is an understatement.

Once again thanks to all here for the prayers and well wishes. Do they make a difference? Damn right they do!...though Mrs Rupert wouldn't put it in those exact words......

Regards!

---------- Post added 03-30-16 at 08:42 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
BTW: More than once my wife and daughter have been taken for sisters. M is about 14 months my junior, but the gap looks more like 24 years. There's a lot of family longevity on her side, little on mine, so she'll probably get many years to play with or dispose of all my Pentax gear.
WPRESTO- I try to look decent, stay clean, wear good clothes when necessary, but I ain't ever going to be young again or handsome as a movie star. Can't be worried about it excessively.....there is much to be said for being who you are...as well as for Farm Pants, Farm Boots, and my Grandad's 100 year old hat. Mrs Rupert can do the "good looking" for me...she has always been miles better at it than me!
03-30-2016, 06:46 AM - 1 Like   #24944
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
so she'll probably get many years to play with or dispose of all my Pentax gear.
We all hope our spouses don't sell our gear for what we told them we paid for it.
03-30-2016, 07:04 AM - 1 Like   #24945
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Life is good.
Glad to read this. I hate hearing about failed marriages, but love it when couples make things work.

Steve