Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
03-30-2016, 07:13 AM - 1 Like   #24946
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I had one failed marriage, it lasted 15 years, the last few of those were pure hell.
Presently married to the love of my life for over 31 years.

I've always said the key to a happy marriage is mutual respect, everything else falls into place if you respect each other.

03-30-2016, 07:36 AM - 1 Like   #24947
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The give and take in a marriage never ends. It is a lot of hard work to make things work smoothly, but when you finally get in that rhythm it comes almost automatically. You can read each others minds, know where to go or not go, see through the eyes of your mate...in advance. More importantly, you do!
When home becomes a place of peace and refuge, a "no quarrel" zone, life is indeed very good!

Regards!
03-30-2016, 08:10 AM   #24948
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I am surprised Rupert hasn't changed his title to Master of Squirrels. We all know he pulls the strings behind the scenes.
03-30-2016, 08:24 AM - 4 Likes   #24949
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I've always said the key to a happy marriage is mutual respect, everything else falls into place if you respect each other.
I once read a statement by an elderly gentleman who said that going out on a romantic date at least once a week is the key to a happy marriage. "There's candlelight, little gifts, dancing ... she goes Tuesdays, I go Thursdays."

03-30-2016, 08:54 AM - 1 Like   #24950
Veteran Member

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.
Bacon, onion, tomato, grilled cheese sammie.

03-30-2016, 09:49 AM   #24951
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
I once read a statement by an elderly gentleman who said that going out on a romantic date at least once a week is the key to a happy marriage. "There's candlelight, little gifts, dancing ... she goes Tuesdays, I go Thursdays."
Great recipe!

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.
Bacon, onion, tomato, grilled cheese sammie.
Looks delicious! I should have brought my camera down to the hospital cafeteria yesterday. It is a very large hospital, Harris Methodist, and it has a large cafeteria with a big assortment of choices and a sandwich/pizza grill. They had a "new item" listed at the sandwich bar......a Reuben and it was only $3.49 and about what hit my hunger level. Turned out to be huge, with real corned beef and fresh kraut on rye with a 3/4 inch thick layer of corned beef and 3 thick slices of Swiss cheese. I lathed it up with some horseradish dressing and it was absolutely delicious! everything they had looked delicious and the place was full of people even at 3pm. It would be a great place to eat lunch or dinner anytime, and the prices were unbelievably low!

Regards!

Since we are on wives, lovers, moms, and gettin' drunk....... maybe it's time for the perfect country and western song...at least my Mom wasn't in prison, or run over by a damn old train!

03-30-2016, 09:51 AM   #24952
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Yikes. I bet she's not on your Christmas Card list!

Nope.

An odd twist of fate though. She wound up living just a few miles from the current Mrs. Racer and I. I have bumped into her in town a couple of times. Even after all these years she still behaves poorly towards me.

Meh.

Her loss, not mine.

I always take the high road.

03-30-2016, 10:01 AM   #24953
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Glad to read this. I hate hearing about failed marriages, but love it when couples make things work.

Steve

Yes.

Especially when one trades in Wife 1.0 for Wife 2.0. We don't always make the best choices the first time around, but with the right person things can become paradise.

And paradise is where I live now.

By the river.

Our first Christmas after finishing our house was a white one.

03-30-2016, 01:00 PM   #24954
Pentaxian

I realised just recently that there is a Chinese cured pork belly meat which tastes just like bacon when sliced thin and cooked in the vegetables. Bacon must be good if people on both sides of the world discover their own ways of making that taste. I can buy that pork at a Chinese shop about 50 miles from here, in Reading.
03-30-2016, 01:04 PM - 1 Like   #24955
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
And paradise is where I live now.
Beautiful!
I could live there no problem.
I wish I did live there.
I want to live there.
Got a spare bedroom?
03-30-2016, 01:06 PM   #24956
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I realised just recently that there is a Chinese cured pork belly meat which tastes just like bacon
Careful, just saw on the news where some food from China was tainted with bad olives, and monkey meat.

edit, the olives were "painted" and from Italy, and not sure where the monkey meat was from.

http://southsouthnews.com/all-news/voa/197-2015-05-27-15-49-38/economy-voa/9...hipped-as-food

Last edited by robtcorl; 03-30-2016 at 01:11 PM.
03-30-2016, 01:14 PM   #24957
Pentaxian

Careful, just saw on the news where some food from China was tainted with bad olives, and monkey meat.

edit, the olives were "painted" and from Italy, and not sure where the monkey meat was from.

Interpol Finds Painted Olives, Monkey Meat Shipped as 'Food' - South-South News
We try to avoid any food from China. It is the industrial extras they add to it which is the problem. Chinese food from Taiwan is safe, high standards in the food industry there, and enforced. This pork, in England, is I think from UK but prepared Chinese way.
03-30-2016, 01:17 PM - 2 Likes   #24958
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I had one failed marriage, it lasted 15 years, the last few of those were pure hell.
Presently married to the love of my life for over 31 years.

Marriages. Looks like M and I will make it to 50 years with very little contention between us (except the daily dispute over where we'll walk the dog that day). Some observations. 1) You and your partner should be best friends before you are lovers. 2) You should be happy together doing anything, everything, and nothing. 3) It's easier to share a bed than a checkbook, and easier to share a checkbook than a desk. 4) Neither partner is allowed to think they are giving more than they are getting, ever. 5) Neither partner should enter a marriage thinking they can eventually change what they perceive as flaws or annoying quirks in the other.
03-30-2016, 01:22 PM - 2 Likes   #24959
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Neither partner should enter a marriage thinking they can eventually change what they perceive as flaws or annoying quirks in the other.
Old saying: "A man marries a woman hoping she'll never change. A woman marries a man hoping he will."

My mother-in-law and father-in-law were married just shy of 60 years. My FIL was an aeronautical engineer and his jobs required him to be gone a lot. Sometimes a job was such a length that it was too long to live at home and commute cross-country and too short to move the family.
My MIL said the secret to their happy marriage was that they lived apart and vacationed together.

Last edited by Parallax; 03-30-2016 at 01:28 PM.
03-30-2016, 01:28 PM - 3 Likes   #24960
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Old saying: "A man marries a woman hoping she'll never change. A woman marries a man hoping he will."
It's because men mature faster than women. By the time we're twelve years old, we're as mature as we're ever going to be!