Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2016, 10:30 AM - 1 Like   #25366
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Now, with a bit more action and a non-circular track I might actually enjoy races.
Oh...if you want excitement you need to see true circle track on a dirt oval.

Steve

04-10-2016, 10:31 AM   #25367
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
(And I did get to go around the track as a passenger too.)

So you can appreciate Talladega at speed.

I made this photo while riding in a 2011 Camaro with Jeffery Earnhardt, grandson of the late Dale Earnhardt.

At 155.

Yee Haw!
04-10-2016, 10:33 AM   #25368
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Add me to the congratulatory list!
Me too! Me Too! Dang you two look good. Did you get married at age 10?

Steve

(...will personally never have a 50th...25th is unlikely too...being married would help...)
04-10-2016, 10:57 AM   #25369
Pentaxian

Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Rupert !

Me and my better French half will hit "20" this April ... c'est la vie !

04-10-2016, 11:26 AM   #25370
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I keep my mind active. I moderate five forums, and that keeps me active, mind wise.
Well, we have something in common....here they have 5 Mods to watch old Rupert and his damn squirrels! The more active we are they more they have to work!

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
My husband and I were together for 20 years before he passed away, and that was 17 years ago. We had no hope of being together for 50 years, though when he was still alive, I had hoped we would. We said we'd grow old together.
I think it happens or it doesn't, it's hard to make plans in this world even, for tomorrow. What is special is every day you have that you can call a good one. With Mrs Rupert I have been blessed to have many of them......She would say the same.......but if you looked real close, she might have her fingers crossed!

Regards!
04-10-2016, 11:41 AM   #25371
Pentaxian

And the winner is ...

Leicaflex SL U S Navy With 2 75mm Elcan R | eBay
04-10-2016, 03:29 PM - 1 Like   #25372
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
So you can appreciate Talladega at speed.

I made this photo while riding in a 2011 Camaro with Jeffery Earnhardt, grandson of the late Dale Earnhardt.
At 155.
Yee Haw!
Nice shot. I had the priviledge of meeting Dale. Nice guy. And, on the other side of the pond, Stirling Moss - very nice man.

04-10-2016, 03:31 PM - 1 Like   #25373
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feel good story on our local news site this morning: State troopers surprise boy for his birthday after no-one turns up from his class | Stuff.co.nz
That's how it's done!
04-10-2016, 03:50 PM   #25374
Veteran Member

That's how it's done!
Read that this morning.....I never understood why no one came to his party, did you? The cops did a good deed, and generally people do step up to the plate when they know of a need.

I'm guilty as are many here of not always doing my part when opportunity arises. We see newbies posting their first shots and too often they get no response. That has got to be discouraging, and we should never let that happen.

My first shots posted were at DPR, and I thought they were wonderful! Of course, they were ordinary, at best. Some good guys came along and praised them and gave me encouragement...that I will never forget. It kept me interested instead of dropping out, and look where I am today! How would we survive without my squirrels?

Seriously, it's the little things that count, things we can do all the time if we just will.

If you shop Aldis...leave your quarter in the cart for the next shopper...it's little, but it counts!

Regards!
04-10-2016, 04:06 PM   #25375
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Unfortunately the article did not say why no-one turned up. (Hopefully it's not that the poor kid has no friends.) The first thing I learnt in the USA was how important it is to always have a few rolls of quarters! Here, we live in an almost completely cash-less society. Cheques are just about phased out now - not quite, but almost.
04-10-2016, 05:23 PM   #25376
Veteran Member

Here, we live in an almost completely cash-less society. Cheques are just about phased out now - not quite, but almost.
I don't carry more than a few dollars in cash.....and a few quarters. Plastic can cover about everything I do. Debit cards are great...fast and easy. Credit cards for larger purchases are also fast and easy. As long as you tend to business, these are excellent improvements over the "old days".

I have no good reason to post this...Otis said he wanted to look in here and see if he recognized anyone on his "Most Wanted" list. I told him none of those types were over here, but he wanted to see for himself.....

Take a peek Otis!

Regards!
04-10-2016, 05:29 PM   #25377
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

He's looking a bit serious in this shot. Have you been short-changing him with nuts?
04-10-2016, 05:40 PM   #25378
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Rupert !

Me and my better French half will hit "20" this April ... c'est la vie !

It's only 20 years for murder, isn't it, Jean?

14 years in my case, plus another ten when we started living with each other.
04-10-2016, 05:44 PM   #25379
Veteran Member

He's looking a bit serious in this shot. Have you been short-changing him with nuts?
I know better than that! He thinks there are some here "out to get him" and wanted to see if he could spot any criminal types. I've told him that as long as he stays in the places where he is guaranteed safety he doesn't have any worries. Truth is....I think he was just wanting to see some bacon? Even squirrels love bacon!

Regards!
04-10-2016, 05:46 PM   #25380
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I did not know squirrels like bacon!