Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
04-13-2016, 09:19 AM   #25471
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Brace yourself...

Is that one of the Lanard "The Corp" figures? ...

I don't think so ... it's an "Action Man" ... orange and black ... with the orange "A" superimposed upon the black "M" ...

04-13-2016, 09:33 AM   #25472
Pentaxian

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Man
04-13-2016, 09:49 AM   #25473
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I don't think so ... it's an "Action Man" ... orange and black ... with the orange "A" superimposed upon the black "M" ...
Ah, I was familiar with the classic Palitoy Action Man figures, but hadn't seen any of the stuff from this century (was going to say "21st Century", but that's another Joe knockoff brand from the 90s).
04-13-2016, 10:04 AM   #25474
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Otis likes toy action men, but prefers authentic action....

Watch where you point that thing!
Name:  Gun Squirrel.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  274.7 KB

04-13-2016, 10:09 AM - 1 Like   #25475
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Otis likes toy action men, but prefers authentic action....

Watch where you point that thing!
Attachment 306106

I bet Otis is behind this rather twisted video ...

04-13-2016, 10:29 AM - 2 Likes   #25476
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Action Man may be cool, with or without pants, a 110 camera built into his chest, or suffering from PTSD, but these guys have created an engineering masterpiece.

(This video was one of the suggested ones after watching the Action Man PTSD video.)

04-13-2016, 11:16 AM   #25477
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Action Man may be cool, with or without pants, a 110 camera built into his chest, or suffering from PTSD, but these guys have created an engineering masterpiece.

(This video was one of the suggested ones after watching the Action Man PTSD video.)

https://youtu.be/PbaD2-2Ktwc
Racer, did you ever drive a truck like that?

04-13-2016, 11:29 AM - 1 Like   #25478
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

https://youtu.be/PbaD2-2Ktwc
Whoah - this thing is awesome
04-13-2016, 11:46 AM   #25479
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Racer, did you ever drive a truck like that?

No not quite.

I have operated some large material handling machines, but never anything on that scale.
04-13-2016, 11:51 AM   #25480
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Whoah - this thing is awesome

Isn't it?

I've always been fascinated by the scale of machines that man comes up with to do work that he otherwise could never accomplish otherwise.
04-13-2016, 11:55 AM - 4 Likes   #25481
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The problem with having a bridge-building machine like that is that it's so cool, your engineers want to build bridges everywhere. "Guys, this new bridge plan is nice and everything, but it was supposed to be a driveway for the McDonald's." "Awwww, but we want to use the machine!"
04-13-2016, 12:18 PM   #25482
Veteran Member

The problem with having a bridge-building machine like that is that it's so cool, your engineers want to build bridges everywhere. "Guys, this new bridge plan is nice and everything, but it was supposed to be a driveway for the McDonald's." "Awwww, but we want to use the machine!"
Heh, this comment really made me laugh . You can just picture it, some trigger happy engineer putting a bridge where a drive will do
04-13-2016, 12:24 PM - 1 Like   #25483
Veteran Member

Isn't it? I've always been fascinated by the scale of machines that man comes up with to do work that he otherwise could never accomplish otherwise.
Well well well, very interesting update - but turns out that Mrs Nass was talking about this very machine at work recently. Turns out that there is huge demand for this machine all over the world.. and particularly because of the disaster recovery aspect. Which makes perfect sense... earthquake happens, bridge goes *poof*, fly in the machine, and the premade cement pillars and lengths and bam you can recreate a vital bridge in a matter of weeks. Doubly awesome machine
04-13-2016, 03:17 PM   #25484
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've seen a shorter version of that video, the first part, but the latter half is fantastic as if lends a much better idea of the scale of the machine. Brilliant!
04-13-2016, 05:01 PM   #25485
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Heh, this comment really made me laugh . You can just picture it, some trigger happy engineer putting a bridge where a drive will do
For many many years interstate 5 near Seattle had several bridges and ramps that went nowhere. When the interchange with interstate 90 was planned there was not funding available to complete it, so they simply constructed the bridges and ramps, and then barricaded them.

It took more than 20 years for the state to put together funding to complete the project.