Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108814 Likes Search this Thread
04-20-2016, 07:26 AM   #25621
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Then it occurred to me that the second part of Bert's statement, "I manage to be here", is more troubling. Kind of like exposure to toxic materials, exposure to The Thread is probably much more dangerous at a young age...
I've been thinking of this lately...our responsibility here to set good examples for young Bert. Looking over the posts it may be possible that some of us....maybe all of us...could be legally charged with child abuse or contributing to the delinquency of a minor?

Our only hope might be if a judge saw the bacon-hating of Bert, he would immediately throw the case out.

04-20-2016, 07:27 AM   #25622
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
could be legally charged with child abuse or contributing to the delinquency of a minor?
04-20-2016, 07:33 AM   #25623
Pentaxian

I've been thinking of this lately...our responsibility here to set good examples for young Bert. Looking over the posts it may be possible that some of us....maybe all of us...could be legally charged with child abuse or contributing to the delinquency of a minor?

Our only hope might be if a judge saw the bacon-hating of Bert, he would immediately throw the case out.
Any contributions we might make towards young Bert's delinquency are pretty dang minor, compared to the pre-existing "bacon issue"...
04-20-2016, 07:57 AM   #25624
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Any contributions we might make towards young Bert's delinquency are pretty dang minor, compared to the pre-existing "bacon issue"...
I agree, and any bacon loving judge would too. Bert could be in some serious trouble if a judge heard Bert's defamation of bacon.

I think we are safe and see no need to require age verification ID to enter this thread. Most people at PF have better sense than to linger here anyhow. Look at the "keywords" at the bottom of this page and you can see they don't have much relationship to photography....more like babbling in a mental institution.

04-20-2016, 08:16 AM   #25625
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

more like babbling in a mental institution
That actually was the analogy I was going to go with, before switching to "hazardous materials"...

You don't suppose that exposure to PF could have possibly caused Bert's aversion to bacon? He did hang out in "General" for a long time. That's nearly as nutty as The Thread, but not as bad as <shudder> the Full Frame forum or <even worse shudder> News and Rumors. Those places are scary.
04-20-2016, 08:52 AM   #25626
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
You don't suppose that exposure to PF could have possibly caused Bert's aversion to bacon?
Nah...I don't think that's it. I think it is due to a genetic defect....similar, but worse, than being born with a "Rupert type" gene. After all, look around...we do see some strange happenings with people in this world today. It could be from being born in the nuclear/chemical age causing DNA to be all twisted worse that usual? How far away is Bert from Three Mile Island?

Or it could be psychological. Maybe Bert was molested by a big hog at a petting zoo as a young child and cringes at the smell of sizzling maple smoked delicious bacon? I know, it's a stretch, but it is possible. If we could get Bert to open up, we might be able to help him. Surely he knows we have his best interest in mind here and would go to any extreme to cure him?

I have eliminated "religious grounds"....Bert likes ham...so he says. That is not likely anyhow, I have a friend that switched religions after his first taste of bacon. He cried like a baby thinking of all the years he had missed out on magnificent bacon....he even started his own new religion, and it is thriving.......converts galore! I've visited a few times myself on Bacon Fridays.
House of Hog...your donations are tax deductible, and all proceeds go to the purchase of bacon.
04-20-2016, 09:15 AM   #25627
Pentaxian

Ooooh, the Church of Bacon... I might have to become a multi-faith convert for that one. My other would be the Church of Beer!

Jim

04-20-2016, 09:41 AM   #25628
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Ooooh, the Church of Bacon... I might have to become a multi-faith convert for that one. My other would be the Church of Beer!
Well......there you go...corrupting young Bert with desire for alcoholic beverages. It's going to slow things down a lot here if we start having to show ID to enter the thread.
04-20-2016, 09:42 AM   #25629
Veteran Member

Bert likes ham...so he says
No Rupert! I don't like ham (or bacon) but I love other pork! Mmmm! Pork chops! Ribs! I'm getting hungry...
04-20-2016, 10:15 AM   #25630
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
No Rupert! I don't like ham (or bacon) but I love other pork! Mmmm! Pork chops! Ribs! I'm getting hungry...
Bert, that is a serious problem......like saying "I like girls, but I don't like naked girls." It just disregards all logic and reason. Maybe that works for you, but you aren't going to see many naked girls if they find out you hate bacon.
04-20-2016, 10:27 AM   #25631
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
All this pork talk has me wanting to fire up a grill, throw some pig on it (including bacon of course) and get my barbecue shoes on!

04-20-2016, 10:29 AM   #25632
Veteran Member

Bert, that is a serious problem......like saying "I like girls, but I don't like naked girls." It just disregards all logic and reason. Maybe that works for you, but you aren't going to see many naked girls if they find out you hate bacon.
What's that got to do with bacon
04-20-2016, 10:34 AM - 2 Likes   #25633
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
04-20-2016, 10:58 AM   #25634
Pentaxian

Don't worry bert, you aren't going to see many naked girls anyway.... no girl has ever taken their clothes off for a guy because he loved bacon, despite what ole' Rupert might imply.
04-20-2016, 11:12 AM   #25635
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
All this pork talk has me wanting to fire up a grill, throw some pig on it (including bacon of course) and get my barbecue shoes on!
I need some BBQ shoes myself.

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Don't worry bert, you aren't going to see many naked girls anyway.... no girl has ever taken their clothes off for a guy because he loved bacon, despite what ole' Rupert might imply.
Norm, you're living in the "old days"...... before bacon condoms.
https://baconsalt.3dcartstores.com/Bacon-Condoms_p_177.html