Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2016, 12:59 AM   #26011
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice Mark.

I'm partial to 1956 model year vehicles myself.

04-28-2016, 01:04 AM   #26012
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Nice Mark.

I'm partial to 1956 model year vehicles myself.
Aha! Which make and model?
04-28-2016, 01:23 AM   #26013
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Chevy and Ford mostly. Cars and pickups. Dodge is OK. Plymouth. Austin Healey. Volvo. Buick. Oldsmobile. Pontiac.

I like trucks too.

Pete.

Kenworth.

I like 'em all.
04-28-2016, 02:34 AM   #26014
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ahh. '56 Ford's are OK, but not '57. I think the '56 Chev was the better car between '56 and '57. Then, of course - the stunning '56 Lincoln. Buick - stunning too.

04-28-2016, 03:25 AM   #26015
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
It rivals bacon in my opinion...
?!!
04-28-2016, 03:28 AM   #26016
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Shirley seems sore and slightly surly.
That's right; Shirley rhymes with surly. Surely rhymes with sorely.

Not sure why Shirley gets so surly at the mentioning of surely...
04-28-2016, 04:28 AM - 1 Like   #26017
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I have only piloted an airplane once. it's a job I prefer to leave to calmer people than me!
In my skydiving days, I was only ever worried in a small plane below 1000ft. Above 1000ft I could leave!
The pilot in the photo is now very calm...deadly calm. He was in business with his brother in law. Then the business collapsed. Then de marriage collapsed. And in the following winter a drunk ex-relative of him blocked the driveway to the cabin he was staying with a lot of snow. After that the guy went in and found our pilot with his new girlfriend and killed him with a gun. (As far as I can tell reading the Norwegian news at that time.)

I have seen the pilots of the Hercules in a state I would not describe as calm. When they met their families again after months of service in Afghanistan. I had moist eyes when I witnessed that.

Skydiving seems fun, but is not for me. I have enough trouble already to keep my fly fishing line from forming spontaneous knots...

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Shirley may very well be right. The ynoS of the FVE has shown its vile face (or at least its profile). The ynoS is in league with the hociR and Tokyo once again is in peril.

Perhaps the OP will return?

Steve
You may be right Steve. First the ynoS and soon after that my photo of a doomed pilot. It is the forum equivalent of reading tea leaves (or bacon fat) and the signs are not good...

04-28-2016, 04:35 AM   #26018
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
That's right; Shirley rhymes with surly. Surely rhymes with sorely.
Not in the States, though, Savoche!

Still can get a laugh in Australia for anyone who remembers the 'Airplane' movie, which was retitled 'Flying High' here.

04-28-2016, 05:51 AM - 1 Like   #26019
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I like trucks too.
Pete.
A friend of mine worked at a truck stop as a teen.
Trying to strike up a conversation with a cute female truck driver he asked:
"How do you like your Peterbilt?"
I can't give her answer here, but I can tell you the color his face turned, dark red.
04-28-2016, 06:05 AM   #26020
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I can't give her answer here, but I can tell you the color his face turned, dark red.
"Rupert type" is a contagious disease?
04-28-2016, 06:38 AM   #26021
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
You had me going until "cute female truck driver"...
04-28-2016, 06:52 AM   #26022
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
You had me going until "cute female truck driver"...
I did ad lib the cute part for Otis' sake, but the rest is as told to me by my friend.
04-28-2016, 07:02 AM - 1 Like   #26023
Veteran Member

Thinking of '57.....It was a very good year. My best friends all lived within a couple of blocks of me, and all our families had '57 vehicles. We had a '57 DeSoto......My next door neighbor, Ricky......they had a '57 Chevy...my up the street buddy Gary.....they had a '57 Ford...my around the corner pal Jerry...they had a '57 Studebaker Golden Hawk (None of us were allowed to get closer than 10 feet to the Hawk)...and his Dad was meaner than hell.

The DeSoto was a hemi powered push button automatic and was one of the fastest cars in town in when I first got to drive it in '59. Got my license at 15 and drove that car as fast as I could when I could. Jerry Russel snuck out the Hawk once and we didn't get to race, but we didn't see Jerry again for the entire summer.....it was rumored his Dad had killed him and buried him in their back yard. About a year later he snuck out his Dad's classic Jag, came by and picked me up for a late night joy ride.....he was grounded for another six months.

Gary tore the transmission out of their '57 Ford, and his Dad had his license revoked. I was the only lucky one.....I bent a torsion bar when I was trying to prove to Ricky that I could hit 120mph on a short stretch of country road....and did......but couldn't stop in time to keep from running into a ditch at the end of the road. My Dad thought my Mom did it......and I let her take the blame......Rupert types......can't trust them for crap.

Those were good years for cars and young guys too. They passed so fast.You live forever, never die, never get old...that's for old people to do. We knew everything.....except how stupid we really were!

Regards!
04-28-2016, 07:36 AM   #26024
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Not in the States, though, Savoche!
Oh, I know. It's not the only problem they have

QuoteQuote:
Still can get a laugh in Australia for anyone who remembers the 'Airplane' movie, which was retitled 'Flying High' here.
Here, too, but I suspect a lot of the puns are lost on those less versed in American language and pop culture. My horizon of reference is lacking when it comes to films, for instance.
04-28-2016, 01:06 PM   #26025
Veteran Member

Sort of slowed down here.....Otis says maybe a topless girly will energize the place? I don't think Otis understands that his liking naked human girls does not mean we like naked girly squirrels the same.......of course, strange as it is here, I could be wrong?

She is a cutie!

I'm checking out lenses I own for the K1...since I refused to buy a K3. Shot these wide open with a Kiron 105 2.8 Macro....I think it will work on the K1!

No more squirrels today...or camera talk....I promise. Swear on my new box of Velveeta and two pound package of maple smoked bacon!