Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2016, 11:38 AM   #26446
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Back from Aldi and all stocked up.
A lady gave me her cart on the way in and wouldn't take my two bits.
I was able to pay it forward upon leaving.

Are women everywhere wearing mostly leggings these days?
They sure are around here, for some it's hard to take your eyes off of them, and others make you want to gouge your eyes out.
I've had the hose/tights are not leggings and all shirts should not be worn with hose/tights/ or leggings conversation. Egads .... I want my eyes back now....

05-13-2016, 11:54 AM   #26447
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
But I needed to put off other more important stuff.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely.
05-13-2016, 11:56 AM   #26448
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely.

Edzachary!
05-13-2016, 12:03 PM - 1 Like   #26449
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Gesundheit

05-13-2016, 12:10 PM - 1 Like   #26450
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Hatshepsut.

05-13-2016, 12:55 PM - 2 Likes   #26451
Pentaxian

05-13-2016, 05:10 PM - 1 Like   #26452
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Terveydeksi!

05-13-2016, 05:12 PM - 1 Like   #26453
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ja "kippis"
05-13-2016, 06:12 PM - 1 Like   #26454
Veteran Member

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
05-13-2016, 07:37 PM   #26455
Pentaxian

Annabadabingbadaboom! Wassamattayou?

I won't buy a K-3 because I just blew a big old chunk o' change on a new kayak, one you pedal instead of paddle. Going to be much easier on the neck/shoulder/hand that way. 😎
05-14-2016, 08:42 AM   #26456
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
I won't buy a K-3 because I just blew a big old chunk o' change on a new kayak, one you pedal instead of paddle. Going to be much easier on the neck/shoulder/hand that way.
I'd like to see a shot of that new kayak, they have always interested me. I always intended to try one, but got too old before I could. There is a stretch of smooth water in the edge of downtown Ft Worth that is in the middle of some wild and untamed woodlands. There is wildlife galore, and lots of big birds. You can't get to it by roads or trails and I always wanted to go down it in a small craft and take pictures. Yours might be perfect.

Kisaroo

Back in High School there was a group of us that were buddies, maybe a dozen or so. Today they would call us a gang, but we were not thugs or destructive,we did love the heck out of fun times and did cause plenty of excitement. Someone started ending every encounter with each other with "kisaroo" instead of "so long" "see you" etc. No one knew where it came from or what it meant...we just used it. It expanded to cover exclamatory comments or other situations ......like see the ****** on that babe! Kisaroo! You got an F? Kisaroo!

Everyone knew us by the kisaroo....left no doubt who you were talking with when you heard it. Teachers knew us, cops knew us...everyone knew us by kisaroo. My Mom must have asked me a thousand times what it meant and to stop using it. Kisaroo Mom!

Ready for a Rupert Story.....?

One summer we went out to the lake almost every night...it was my sophomore year and we gave up most everything to have fun that summer....our girlfriends were even dumped so we could concentrate on the fun stuff......which would be a whole 'nother story.
Anyhow, we would try to score a little beer for our lake adventures, and often did. I don't remember anyone getting drunk, but maybe a little light headed,which was easy since none of us had much in our heads anyway.

The cops didn't patrol the lake or swimming area/fishing barge, just a lake patrol boat and an old guy with a cop car and a Lake Patrol badge...and gun. He was a serious old guy, meaner than hell and not all that bright. We constantly tormented him and he had a passion to "get us". Beer was strictly prohibited at the swimming area, even after midnight when we usually showed up....plus we were all minors. He kept telling us he was going to catch us and charge us with "Minor in Possession"....told us he would see us locked up for years.

One night we were out there raising cane and having a great time, with a fire to roast wieners and some music from Gary Atkins '54 Chevy convertible blaring loudly. Here comes Hooks Blanton...red lights flashing and skidding to a halt just at the edge of the water. I guess he had enough and got out with gun drawn...we were all in swim suits and nothing more, but I guess we looked dangerous?

You boys freeze, Gary, you open your trunk. Gary did and there it was....a full case of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. He had us!
Soon there were cop cars from town, a wrecker to tow Gary's car and all of us went to jail.

Orville's dad was an attorney and he called him to come help us. About an hour later he showed up, angry and tearing into Orville and the rest of us. Orville took his dad aside and when they came back his dad asked to see the evidence. 24 bottles of unopened Pabst Blue Ribbon. He demanded that the Captain in charge open one....and after a brief argument the Captain did.
Yep, it was full...of water! Hooks Blanton had been schooled by his worst adversaries. And old Hooks...what did he say when it was shown to be only a water in all 24 bottles.......Kisaroo!

That is a true story.....one of many from our lake adventures in the summer of 1961.

Regards!
05-14-2016, 08:53 AM   #26457
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I won't buy a K-3 because I just blew a big old chunk o' change on a new kayak, one you pedal instead of paddle. Going to be much easier on the neck/shoulder/hand that way. 😎

Pedal kayak?

Do tell.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote

I'd like to see a shot of that new kayak, they have always interested me.

Me too.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I always intended to try one, but got too old before I could. There is a stretch of smooth water in the edge of downtown Ft Worth that is in the middle of some wild and untamed woodlands. There is wildlife galore, and lots of big birds. You can't get to it by roads or trails and I always wanted to go down it in a small craft and take pictures. Yours might be perfect.

We have two of these: Dirigo 120 | Old Town
05-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #26458
Pentaxian

This is their website link to the model I got. The blue color scheme is what I picked out. It's a line designed for fishing, so it is super stable and easy to reach all the storage spots on the water. Lots of rod holders, gear tracks, etc. Slayer Propel 13 - Pedal Fishing Kayak - Native Watercraft

They have other product lines with differnt hull and deck layouts, too. I will post some photos of mine sometime soon. Trying out some video editing from the WG-10 today, I took it along on my test runs with an improvised underwater selfie stick
05-14-2016, 11:38 AM   #26459
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

This is their website link to the model I got. The blue color scheme is what I picked out. It's a line designed for fishing, so it is super stable and easy to reach all the storage spots on the water. Lots of rod holders, gear tracks, etc. Slayer Propel 13 - Pedal Fishing Kayak - Native Watercraft

They have other product lines with differnt hull and deck layouts, too. I will post some photos of mine sometime soon. Trying out some video editing from the WG-10 today, I took it along on my test runs with an improvised underwater selfie stick

A pedal operated propeller. Interesting. Looks like the seat is up high, almost like a sit on top kayak.

Certainly not something one would take down a river with shallow rapids though.
05-14-2016, 12:05 PM   #26460
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

But, but... Where's the 1/4" for your gimbal?