Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2016, 07:27 AM   #26701
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
A little olive oil, some pasta and tomatoes and, viola!
In chemistry class one of my classmates (Dirk) once went up to the blackboard, quite elegantly calculated some stuff (I think it was about acidic concentrations), turned around and said "And violį, there you go!" Everyone started laughing, then one of us asked "Dirk, who is that Viola you're speaking of? Is she hot?" He was confused for a second, then insisted that we were pronouncing it the wrong way: "It's violį, guys, the stress is on the 'a'!", which naturally made us laugh even harder

We had to explain to him that it's 'voilą' rather than 'violį'. After that people kept enquiring with him about a certain Viola for years.

05-22-2016, 07:58 AM   #26702
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My kids still make fun of me for the first time I tried to pronounce fajita.
no g sound for the j and not a long i, if you get my drift.
05-22-2016, 08:06 AM - 1 Like   #26703
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
We had to explain to him that it's 'voilą' rather than 'violį'. After that people kept enquiring with him about a certain Viola for years.
Maybe he was just low class? I too have been searching for my class identity since I gave up my Pro outfit and went back to my roots.

I read this a little wile ago looking for answers......as I was about to eat a little breakfast.
https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/heres-what-your-breakfast-says-about-your-social-160510560.html

I looked it over and nowhere was Aldis tuna salad snack pak or cottage cheese smothered with Fritos. So I am still at a loss as to where I fit....maybe you guys can offer some insight?

Take into consideration that I add some delicious hot pepper cheese to my gourmet snack pak tuna salad.....Viola!
05-22-2016, 08:18 AM   #26704
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Maybe he was just low class? I too have been searching for my class identity since I gave up my Pro outfit and went back to my roots.
I thought you just went pro a couple of weeks ago? Did Otis think you've become too much of a voyeur and steal your K-1?

QuoteQuote:
I read this a little wile ago looking for answers......as I was about to eat a little breakfast.
https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/heres-what-your-breakfast-says-about-your-social-160510560.html

I looked it over and nowhere was Aldis tuna salad snack pak or cottage cheese smothered with Fritos. So I am still at a loss as to where I fit....maybe you guys can offer some insight?
Same here. I usually have cereal for breakfast, so I am lower class? But it's not the kind of colourful, chocolaty, unhealthy cereal, rather a good portion of oats, with some almonds, linseed, hazelnuts and granola thrown in, topped with fruit. If that's lower class, then I am happy to wear that badge

But it's all just the judgement of an 'etiquette expert' from the Daily Mail. If you've not heard of that publication, count yourself lucky. It's widely known as the Daily Fail for a reason

05-22-2016, 11:25 AM   #26705
Veteran Member

But it's all just the judgement of an 'etiquette expert' from the Daily Mail. If you've not heard of that publication, count yourself lucky. It's widely known as the Daily Fail for a reason
I hate "class warfare" but I do see a lot of it...in both directions. There are good people and bad...some have money and some don't. It is seldom a reflection of their character either way.

Then you have the "Rupert Types" that don't quite fit anywhere...but will eat most anything that is dead or moving slow...always excluding lewdfish!

Regards!

For lunch I'm having a chicken salad sandwich on whole wheat. I bought a tub of chicken salad at Aldis and it is plenty decent...all white breast meat and just the right mix and texture. Gotta love Aldis!
05-22-2016, 11:26 AM - 1 Like   #26706
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
In chemistry class one of my classmates (Dirk) once went up to the blackboard, quite elegantly calculated some stuff (I think it was about acidic concentrations), turned around and said "And violį, there you go!" Everyone started laughing, then one of us asked "Dirk, who is that Viola you're speaking of? Is she hot?" He was confused for a second, then insisted that we were pronouncing it the wrong way: "It's violį, guys, the stress is on the 'a'!", which naturally made us laugh even harder

Sounds like something of a forks paz.
05-22-2016, 12:18 PM   #26707
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Sounds like something of a forks paz.
just an optical conclusion

05-22-2016, 12:32 PM - 1 Like   #26708
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
My kids still make fun of me for the first time I tried to pronounce fajita.
no g sound for the j and not a long i, if you get my drift.
Fah- GI-Tah: lol, sounds like an illness I don't want to have... My hubby comes up with pronunciations like this all the time
05-22-2016, 01:17 PM   #26709
Veteran Member

Proper Tex-Mex.....Fah-eta! ...and eat them we do!
05-22-2016, 01:57 PM   #26710
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
I usually have cereal for breakfast, so I am lower class? But it's not the kind of colourful, chocolaty, unhealthy cereal, rather a good portion of oats, with some almonds, linseed, hazelnuts and granola thrown in, topped with fruit. If that's lower class, then I am happy to wear that badge

Sounds pretty tasty.

Dish me up some will ya?

You do have fresh whole cows milk, or maybe some fresh goats milk, right?
05-22-2016, 02:06 PM   #26711
Veteran Member

Dish me up some will ya?
Sure, come around any time!

QuoteQuote:
Only getting the supermarket stuff here, I'm afraid. In Germany my family has fresh cow's milk delivered twice a week right from a farm, tastes much better, more 'creamy' and 'full'.
05-22-2016, 02:07 PM   #26712
Veteran Member

I haven't had any goat milk in years! When I was 16 I had hepatitis A and had to watch anything with fat content for a couple of months. Goat milk became a regular staple. I got to like it, but haven't seen any around for years. You ever see it in stores?

Another favorite here is BBQ goat! Lean and delicious! When I lived in Mexico for a while in '70 there was a little place that had cabrito on rotisseries in the window front...about a dozen at a time, and they were superb. $2 American at the time and I ate a bunch of them that summer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabrito
05-22-2016, 03:07 PM   #26713
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I bought a tub of chicken salad at Aldis and it is plenty decent...all white breast meat and just the right mix and texture. Gotta love Aldis!
I have Aldis up the road. Might have to go and get some, give it a try.
05-22-2016, 03:09 PM - 1 Like   #26714
Pentaxian

Sounds pretty tasty.<br />
<br />
<br />
Dish me up some will ya?<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
My cousin Susie has a milk cow. She has fresh milk every day.
05-22-2016, 03:13 PM - 1 Like   #26715
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I have Aldis up the road. Might have to go and get some, give it a try.
We're getting an Aldi just up the road.

225 miles up the road.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »