Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2016, 02:15 PM - 2 Likes   #26776
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I had sudden hearing loss in my right ear (total deafness) back in 1993, and tinnitus in both ears (yes even the deaf one)
Yeah, with pretty much all senses deprivation can happen at any point along a long path, from the sensory organ itself via the nerves all the way up to advanced cortical regions. Tinnitus is not actually a real sound, and it persists in people whose cochlear nerve has been severed. It actually arises at the cortical level.

QuoteQuote:
It sucks losing stereo hearing, but thankful I don't need a hearing aid...........yet.
Must be pretty annoying. But try having no stereo vision, like me If we two teamed up we'd actually make one full adult with fully functioning senses

05-24-2016, 02:37 PM - 2 Likes   #26777
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Must be pretty annoying. But try having no stereo vision, like me If we two teamed up we'd actually make one full adult with fully functioning senses
I've never thought of myself as an adult, but we can give it a go!

My late dad was totally blind by the time I was 3 years old, so I definitely sympathize with vision problems.
His other senses were so keen that it was never a real handicap for him though.
05-24-2016, 03:17 PM   #26778
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote

On another note, they make a single ear bud that sends both channels into it, making music much more enjoyable, almost like I'm hearing it with both ears.
Oh, that's a good idea. They used to release records in both mono and stereo versions. Otherwise, it'd be a case of a drummer doing a roll that's panned across both channels and ... where did he go?

05-24-2016, 04:21 PM   #26779
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh boy, I just saw that it got removed

Better luck than I'd have had......someone would have been yelling out...."Get the rope!"

05-24-2016, 05:09 PM - 1 Like   #26780
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Better luck than I'd have had......someone would have been yelling out...."Get the rope!"
In your case we don't need a precipitating post. We keep a rope handy just for fun.

Well, we used to. I think somebody took it with him when he left.
05-24-2016, 06:10 PM   #26781
Veteran Member

I got that.
05-24-2016, 06:43 PM - 1 Like   #26782
Veteran Member

05-24-2016, 06:48 PM   #26783
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I got that.
I hoped you would.
05-24-2016, 07:04 PM   #26784
Veteran Member

Yep, dang me, hang me.....If it wasn't so close to my beddy-bye time I'd tell you about the time Connie R's dad was in hot pursuit of me in my '55 Chevy and pumped a .45 slug into my trunk. I'm pretty sure he had a rope with him....
05-24-2016, 07:14 PM - 2 Likes   #26785
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Oh boy, I just saw that it got removed I was simply thinking of the image when I saw Racer's picture, and it just happens to have that synonym of 'nonsense' in it. It is used so often in everyday language I don't even consider it coarse any more, I think Scotland may have ruined me
You should hear me. I have been accused of only knowing a couple of words, none of which can be posted here.

Years ago, when I still worked at the electric utility in vehicle maintenance I was exuberantly describing something to a coworker while standing at the shop parts counter. My diatribe was laced with the f bomb, although since I used the word so freely, I didn't notice.

Suddenly the parts guy, a born again Christian interrupted and asked, "If you didn't know that word would you still be able to communicate?"

Without missing a beat I replied, "**** no!"

And I returned to my conversation with the other guy.

Yes, I am a potty mouth.

But I have learned to control it through Potty Mouths Anonymous.

05-24-2016, 08:01 PM - 1 Like   #26786
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Yes, I am a potty mouth.
Believe it or not I'm not so much a potty mouth. Not saying I'm 100% clean, but seldom venture past damn it or hell. With all my old widow women customers I could get by with those, but I'd quickly fire any help that went beyond those two words. I have exercised my middle finger in past times.......that's what almost got me shot...among other infractions. Those farmer's daughter stories are not all fiction......

Regards!
05-24-2016, 10:13 PM   #26787
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I don't dispute that,but if I had to take my chances walking through a field of unexploded ordnance I'd choose one with full of aerial bombs over land mines.
Not a nice choice.

Many years ago I talked to a Cambodian who said they learned to follow the person in front by about 20 feet AND put their feet exactly where the person in front had trodden as a way to reduce risk. I know a lady who runs a fruit processing factory as a company set up with a faith-based charitable purpose to employ Cambodians who have suffered losses resulting from mines. Almost all her staff have lost limbs or part thereof.

---------- Post added 05-25-16 at 03:47 PM ----------

Not to defend the 20th century...but none of the others look too good either?

Isn't it wonderful!

My Mom spent $6k on hearing aids.....my sister got her some sort of device off the internet for $19.95 +$2. shipping and it works twice as good.

Gotta be careful when you get old...everyone wants your cash. It's a good thing I don't take advantage of Mrs Rupert and her bundles of cash!

Regards!
There were plenty of egregious deeds of all centuries. One difference is that the recency, scale and nature of the left-overs from the 20th century results in bad legacy effects to the present.
05-25-2016, 05:50 AM - 1 Like   #26788
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Alert, alert, competing thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/321911-no-ricoh.html

05-25-2016, 05:59 AM - 1 Like   #26789
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Alert, alert, competing thread: No "ricoh"
"Not again?"
05-25-2016, 06:08 AM   #26790
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Alert, alert, competing thread: No "ricoh"
It's not a threat: all the nuts are on this thread!