Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
05-28-2016, 08:54 PM - 1 Like   #26881
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
So you would make a perfect addition to the club!

Get on over there, join up and start socializing!
Just did.

05-28-2016, 09:33 PM   #26882
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
By the way, all cars competing at the 600 miler in Charlotte this Sunday will have tires like this on them:

05-28-2016, 09:34 PM   #26883
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Just did.

Welcome to the club!

05-28-2016, 11:51 PM   #26884
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Indeed. When I injured my back a few years ago my physiotherapist told me to "drink a lot". I had to think for several seconds before I realised he wasn't trying to make me an alcoholic

Cheers!
I should tell that one to my daughter. She is a new physiotherapist.

---------- Post added 05-29-16 at 05:31 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
I want the K1 so bad, but I love my K3 and K3 II and I want all three. But I only have the DA lenses and a few vintage and a few m42 mounts. Someday, maybe I'll save up or find out I am related to a billionaire that has left me $$$ in his will. Lol
Don't you get couple of emails a day that tell you that?

Actually glad to report I get less such stuff these days, even though I have several email addresses to which they can be sent.

05-29-2016, 06:54 AM - 1 Like   #26885
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

You can cross back over at Crater Lake. Be sure and stop by there and drive around the crater. Fantastic views.
More appreciation for all that additional information! So many choices! We have limited time...but Mrs Rupert can call in and take off more time with ease, she has over 5 months of accumulated leave time.

I had suggested that we go back through So Dakota just to see the new little babies, but she shot that down claiming that she wants to see "new territory" coming home and not hundreds of miles of corn coming down from the Dakotas. I know she really likes Jim & Donna, but not so much those little babies.

sherrvonne Welcome! You post and I will respond! You never have to worry about that over there! If it gets too slow, I can tell you some Rupert stories to keep you from getting bored!

Regards!
05-29-2016, 07:10 AM   #26886
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I had suggested that we go back through So Dakota just to see the new little babies, but she shot that down claiming that she wants to see "new territory" coming home and not hundreds of miles of corn coming down from the Dakotas. I know she really likes Jim & Donna, but not so much those little babies.

Well there is the Devil's Tower in Wyoming, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse and the Badlands in South Dakota.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 05-29-2016 at 11:04 AM.
05-29-2016, 07:39 AM   #26887
Veteran Member

Well there is the Devil's Tower in Wyoming, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse a the Badlands in South Dakota.
I haven't ruled it out...and I'm the one driving! We could take gifts for the little babies and maybe even have a celebratory dinner in Pierre?

05-29-2016, 11:53 AM   #26888
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Going through all those places sounds like fun. Maybe one day.
05-29-2016, 12:10 PM   #26889
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Going through all those places sounds like fun. Maybe one day.
I hope so Tim....you never know on a long trip what to expect. I have the car ready, anyhow to the best of my ability. My mechanic installed new front brakes...and assured me no wheels will fall off this time!

Weather...you never know about the weather? We missed out trip to Big Bend a few weeks ago due to weather.

You cross your fingers and put pedal down and go....and deal with whatever you come across.

Regards!
05-29-2016, 03:21 PM   #26890
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey, WinBlows 10 is just a reworked version of WinBlows 8.

And WinBlows 8 sux.

Gimme WinBlows 7 any day.
I must disagree on the WIN10 and agree on the WIN 7
05-29-2016, 03:42 PM - 1 Like   #26891
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I must disagree on the WIN10 and agree on the WIN 7
The last two offerings from MicroSoft have been an eye opener for me. Never before have I seen a more self aware operating system.

This is just the beginning.

A bit scary really.
05-29-2016, 03:46 PM   #26892
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
You cross your fingers and put pedal down and go....and deal with whatever you come across.
I do love a road trip!
05-29-2016, 03:51 PM - 1 Like   #26893
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"This is just the beginning.

A bit scary really."

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/239325-why-i-wont-buy-k3-w...#ixzz4A5WlsBtf
The "time of the machine" is almost here.
05-29-2016, 04:02 PM   #26894
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I do love a road trip!
So in New Zealand, it wouldn't be anything like the distances here? Distances are good....and bad. It takes an entire day to drive across Texas. If you are going north like we are through Amarillo, it is a long and boring drive until you get out of the state and maybe into Colorado. It is the kind of drive where you could appreciate one of those new self-driving cars. Take a nap until it is over!

From Colorado on it should be a delight! I'm hoping for a great trip. You are welcome to come with us.....the TT has a rear seat but if you have legs we will have to saw them off to get you in there!
However, the back seat is so handy for camera gear....just reach back and grab it. The trunk is huge, so you can carry all you need for the trip with ease.

Couldn't be more fun to drive...holds the road like a Lincoln and is very quick with that turbo engine when you need some power.

I was going in the Jeep...but decided comfort mattered on a long trip...and the TT is very comfortable on a long drive.

Regards!
05-29-2016, 04:06 PM   #26895
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

So the Monaco Grand Prix is over, Lewis Hamilton taking top honors. He proudly displayed the flag of his country on his car next to his name.

The 100th running of the Greatest Spectacle in Racing, the Indy 500 is in the history books. A young man from California, Alexander Rossi, held on and played a fuel mileage game to win the 500 mile classic.

The champion of last year's event, Juan Pablo Montoya of Coloumbia, crashed out early on. His purse for winning the 2015 500 miler was US $2.449 million of the $13.397 million purse. The payouts of this year's total purse will again be well North of $13 million, and the young Mr. Rossi should pocket $2.3 million or more.

Must be nice, eh?

The longest race happening today is the Coca Cola 600, a six hundred mile test of men, women and machines.

Every car that starts the race today will have the name of a former or current US service member to honor their service.

Patriotism is very much part of the fabric of this sport.

Remember our fallen.

Take a moment and give thanks for those who gave all, for our freedom.