Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
06-17-2016, 11:25 AM   #27241
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
The Oregon coast is one of my favorite places, everything from wide sandy beaches to rocky cliffs, wild storms, perfect sunshine days, lighthouses with those gorgeous old Fresnel lenses, and roads that are just plain fun... Glad you had fun!
Thanks! Yes, I had no idea it was that beautiful. You have it all there......the most gorgeous coastline and the mountains and deep forests too. Makes it look pretty dull around home, but we do have a lot more sunny days here....and I think a lot more squirrels too!

Some of Mrs Rupert's X10 shots....she took hundreds and a few were pretty decent.

Those sandy beaches...

Name:  DSCF0155-800.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  567.2 KB

Our oldest son's place ...built in 1878
Name:  DSCF0166-800.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  579.3 KB

His family ....his wife and mother-in-law and our two youngest grandsons.
Name:  DSCF0173-800.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  1,010.7 KB

Great trip...but tough on old people!

Regards!

06-17-2016, 11:41 AM - 1 Like   #27242
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Some of Mrs Rupert's X10 shots....she took hundreds and a few were pretty decent.
Ah, but not as good as yours as you had a PRO camera!
06-17-2016, 04:20 PM   #27243
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
(Laughs)

He did warn us he was going to become an egomaniac, Bert ... and he hasn't disappointed!

06-17-2016, 05:54 PM   #27244
Veteran Member

It takes a Pro to get Pro results and I gave that up when I ditched those fancy clothes!

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
He did warn us he was going to become an egomaniac, Bert ... and he hasn't disappointed!
Maybe I can get better even with these old farm pants.....but no one should hold their breath!

Actually....Mrs Rupert did as good with her Toy Camera X10 as I did with the FF....maybe better. For web posting you'd never know the difference.

X10

Name:  DSCF0123-800.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  374.6 KB

Name:  DSCF0128-800.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  617.3 KB

Name:  DSCF0134-800.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  590.2 KB

Name:  DSCF0145-800.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  512.9 KB

Regards!

06-17-2016, 06:01 PM   #27245
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Actually....Mrs Rupert did as good with her Toy Camera X10 as I did with the FF....maybe better.
But that's because she actually knows what she's doing, James! ☺

Anyway, more seriously, looks like the trip went well and hope the feet are on track for recovery.

I've noticed as I age getting over mishaps that happen in weekend activities takes longer.

Of course, with Normhead's baseball and football past, one quarter of Canada's famous health budget is now being spent on him annually!

Last edited by clackers; 06-17-2016 at 06:19 PM.
06-17-2016, 06:21 PM - 2 Likes   #27246
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Bandon OR. No cheese. No bacon.

06-17-2016, 06:21 PM - 1 Like   #27247
Veteran Member

.Mrs Rupert did as good with her Toy Camera X10 as I did with the FF
A clear sign that it's time to switch cameras between you two!

06-17-2016, 06:21 PM   #27248
Veteran Member

Of course, with Normhead's baseball and football past, one quarter of Canada's famous health budget is now being spent on him annually!
06-17-2016, 11:21 PM   #27249
Pentaxian

Motels give you every right to be grumpy......they are a necessary pain in the hiney.

Try a couple of weeks in motels across America and you will join Club Grumpy.

The roads past Denver are twisty and often with few places to stop, so we just moved along and enjoyed the views.

Regards!
The places I complained about were the kinds of places that replaced the old motels, 3 storey places with reasonable rooms but not organised in a way that makes you really feel at home.

When travelling with my wife I find that she just wants to get to the destination, which prevents stops for pictures. Makes me see places I would love to go back to one day.

England has the problem of plenty of nice places you see when going by but no practical way to pull over and stop. The sides of the roads are unsafe to pull onto to park because they have tall grass that disguises deep pits and rocks and things.

---------- Post added 06-18-16 at 05:01 PM ----------

Anyway, more seriously, looks like the trip went well and hope the feet are on track for recovery.

I've noticed as I age getting over mishaps that happen in weekend activities takes longer.

Me too. Repairs take longer now. When I was at school we played rugby, that is one of the really manly forms of football, not that stuff for actors and referees who get fooled by the actors, and we had practices twice a week and and games on Saturday afternoons. We cold recover from one just in time for the next. Then I retired from rugby, too small to be a prop forward in open age teams, and took up badminton. If I play that now I take over a week to recover, so I rarely play.
06-18-2016, 12:22 AM - 1 Like   #27250
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
which prevents stops for pictures
Tim!!!
It only takes 1/100 of a second; explain it to her.
06-18-2016, 08:21 AM   #27251
Veteran Member

Well, when she tagged along on a wedding I shot a few years ago with her little X10....the brides favorite photo was shot by Mrs Rupert.....so you may be right!

It does indeed....and far too long to recover.

A clear sign that it's time to switch cameras between you two!
Squirrels would favor that idea Bert.

England has the problem of plenty of nice places you see when going by but no practical way to pull over and stop.
Same on the interstates...no place to pull over for a good shot. Most have an edge about 8 feet wide, but pulling over on them will get you run over.

Repairs take longer now.
My knee is much worse yesterday and this morning. I guess I did too much on it too soon. I may have to go to my orthopedic doc next week if it isn't better. I can barely walk....Mrs Rupert is having to feed the animals this morning...not her favorite task, for certain.

Here is my main concern
......that "Someone" is after me a little at a time......starting at my feet and working upward. I have two bad feet, now a bum knee.......so working upward, you know what comes next! Now that I have a good supply of those little blue pills it would be so ironic if I had nothing to use them for.

Maybe like this Utah mountain....slowly eroding until there is nothing left?
Name:  DSCF0265-800.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  688.0 KB

Well....I still have my mind, and it is still sharp and fully functional.......you guys will attest to that....right????

Regards!
06-18-2016, 10:26 AM - 1 Like   #27252
Veteran Member

Well....I still have my mind, and it is still sharp and fully functional.......you guys will attest to that....right????
I'm not so sure...
06-18-2016, 10:29 AM   #27253
Veteran Member

I'm not so sure...
So you're with Otis and Mrs Rupert? As long as I still crave bacon...and Velveeta...I know I am "brain healthy"!

BTW- Looking at the vacation photos and discussing them with Mrs Rupert, we both acknowledged the importance of her new Microsoft Lumia phone on our trip.

I am not a phone person, and had no idea of the advantages available in today's phones. We used her Cortana dozens of times on the trip. Directions, weather, motel locations, food, gas.....anything you want just ask Cortana. You can even ask her "nasty stuff"...but will get a reprimand....I did have to try it!

Last edited by Rupert; 06-18-2016 at 10:37 AM.
06-18-2016, 11:00 AM   #27254
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Tim!!!
It only takes 1/100 of a second; explain it to her.
I once used that idea with my grandfather. He said something about having time to take pictures and I said about the same as you. It might have been 1/60th - after all it was Kodachrome 64, or even Kodachrome 25. Anyone remember that stuff? I only ever shot a few frames at the end of a roll.

---------- Post added 06-19-16 at 04:35 AM ----------

At Costco yesterday I found the English brewed version of 13 guns IPA. Not bad.
06-18-2016, 11:39 AM   #27255
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico

Maybe like this Utah mountain....slowly eroding until there is nothing left?

Slowly, like over about 3 million years.

You have lots of time left Jim.

But it will pass you by in an instant.

Make the most of it.