Most likely!
06-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #27318
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote

Hoegaarden verboden vrucht bier door Anheuser-Busch InBev | Belgische Bieren
Ah - Verboden Vrucht. It really is in a class of it's own. Forbidden fruit indeed!
Anheuser Busch?

Budweiser by any other name . . . . . . . . is still Budweiser.

Stella Artois

Probably my favourite large brewery beer.
Stella. Very good.

I always have a few on hand.

Or in my hand.

Carling Black Label. Every time I go up to Canada I come back with a case of it. Never see it down here in the Flatlands.
06-20-2016, 07:58 PM   #27319
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by GlennG Quote
One thousand, eight hundred and twenty-one pages and still going strong! What is the record here on PF for a thread? And to think I actually checked in today to see what the most up-to-date wisdom is regarding the K-3. Imagine my surprise to see you trashing my beloved Bud - best beer ever made. The King! Except for Guinness - that might even be better. Also had a brew from Arizona called Kiltlifter - now that is good beer! Anyway, I was thinking upgrading to either k-3 or k-70 (need flash); wonder how they compare? Prices are very close. You photogs with the new k-1's are really putting out some stellar images, and I'd be tempted to go that way, except my wants seem to be driving me to lighter, smaller. Was thinking that maybe the lineup of k-70 plus limiteds 15, 20-40, and 70 might be the best for me. I hardly do anything really long any more, so 70 might work for the long end. So.....what do you think.....k-3, or k-70? Maybe I need to grab a Bud and think it over.
K-1.

You really want the K-1.

Go ahead.

Do yourself a favor.

Get one.

I'm going to.

Gonna skip from the K5IIs right over the K3 triad and avoid the livE hociR altogether.

Can't see it happening any other way.

06-20-2016, 09:50 PM   #27320
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
My flatmate is German-American (American father, German mother), but spent most of his life in Germany, so considers himself more of a German than an American. And he likes Budweiser.

He could have picked the best from either side, but no ...
Was he confused by the name that makes it appear, to an English speaker, to be an attempt to Germanise the brand?
06-21-2016, 12:00 AM   #27321
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
That is so messed up at so many levels, it`s not even remotely funny :0
Not my friend! Mr Fox'!

I don't have friends like that
06-21-2016, 02:21 AM   #27322
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Carling Black Label. Every time I go up to Canada I come back with a case of it. Never see it down here in the Flatlands.
In South Africa, it was marketed as "America's Lively Lusty Beer". However, I never saw it in the USA, only in Canada!

06-21-2016, 07:00 AM - 1 Like   #27323
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Man, I take a couple days off and have to catch up on 5 pages, mostly knocking the King of Beers, born in 1876 right here in St Louis, MO.
Although I never cared for it myself, I did drink a shipload of AB's Busch Bavarian when i was a beer drinker. (cue the beer critics/experts/snobs)

Son and daughter-in-law treated wife and I to lunch at Weber Grill restaurant last Saturday.
The food and atmosphere were both very good.
Pics from my cheap cell phone.

Last edited by robtcorl; 06-21-2016 at 11:10 AM. Reason: typo
06-21-2016, 07:11 AM   #27324
Veteran Member

Rupert,
I'm no doctor but it sounds like you might have a torn meniscus in that knee.
I had one several years ago and it got bad enough for arthroscopic surgery.
Watched the surgery on a monitor, and remember the doc pointing out an area to an intern and saying: "This is where it's ****** up."
I was a bit shocked at him using the F word, the young female intern gave a nervous little chuckle.

Last edited by robtcorl; 06-21-2016 at 11:10 AM.
06-21-2016, 11:28 AM - 1 Like   #27325
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Racer that was one of my favorite beers ages ago. Here it was considered an "ethnic" beer and not found in most locations. One of my best long time friends was a Black man with a nice club on 4th street in the edge of downtown Ft Worth. I think I was the only White patron there on most occasions, but everyone knew me. He had the best R&B/Jazz bands there on weekends. The most popular beer was Carling Black Label, served from a genuine ice chest counter long and colder that that witches......I drank a many of those in there. Ironically...and it was a long time ago....he was my best squirrel hunting buddy too. His wife could make squirrel gravy that was out of this world!

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Son and daughter-in-law treated wife and I to lunch at Weber Grill restaurant last Saturday.
That is so neat! Never knew anything like that existed.

Rupert,
I'm no doctor but it sounds like you might have a torn meniscus in that knee.
I had one several years ago and it got bad enough for arthroscopic surgery.
Watched the surgery on a monitor, and remember the doc pointing out an area to an intern and saying: "This is where it's ****** up."
I was a bit shocked at him using the F word, but the young female intern gave a nervous little chuckle.
You may be right.....today it is much better but still has some "popping" sound on the outside edge and I can't bend too far without pain. I'm gonna give it another day or two before I see the doc. I was at my regular doc yesterday but didn't let him even look at it...he is not much more than a GP and it would waste my time...and his...and that's what I told him.

BTW- Congratulate your doc for his language...he just received a 30 day ban at PF and was lucky that was all. Damn Rupert Type docs need to be as careful as I am here!

Regards!

Here's a just shot young Jay for you guys......Otis says they are delicious!
06-21-2016, 03:11 PM   #27326
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Man, I take a couple days off and have to catch up on 5 pages, mostly knocking the King of Beers, born in 1876 right here in St Louis, MO.
Although I never cared for it myself, I did drink a shipload of AB's Busch Bavarian when i was a beer drinker. (cue the beer critics/experts/snobs)
Wow! Those are industrial looking Webers!
06-21-2016, 03:12 PM - 1 Like   #27327
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was a bit shocked at him using the F word, the young female intern gave a nervous little chuckle.
Wait 'till you hear what they talk about when the patient is asleep.
06-21-2016, 03:14 PM   #27328
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
....he was my best squirrel hunting buddy too. His wife could make squirrel gravy that was out of this world!
Don't let Otis hear you!!!
06-21-2016, 04:01 PM   #27329
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I want one of those kettles!
06-21-2016, 06:30 PM - 1 Like   #27330
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I want one of those kettles!
They're Weber Ranch kettles on steroids.
I had a RK for a few years, but it was too big for for my needs so I sold it.
My grandson was a pup back then.
(note the 6 slabs of baby back ribs with room to spare)