Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2016, 09:37 PM - 3 Likes   #27346
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Mostly it is having to get up a couple of times to pee....if I could just pee in the bed ...
One word Jim.

Catheter.

06-22-2016, 09:39 PM   #27347
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Yep...there was a time when 3-4 hours was plenty, but as you get older...ancient....it becomes imperative. Some day you will understand....if you are fortunate enough to get there...and I trust you will!
My Mom still survives nicely on 4-5 hours a night, but that no longer works for me.
When I was a teen and in my 20's I slept 8 to 10 hours every night.

Now, as I close in on 60 I sleep 5 to 6 hours.

No naps.

And I don't get up to pee either.

Of course I don't toss back a glass of wine just before bed either.
06-22-2016, 09:55 PM   #27348
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Got the insurance adjustment on my TT yesterday...about $2200. They didn't have a rack to lift it and better see the underside damage but left the claim open if further damage is found when the repair is made. Pretty expensive when a big truck blows a tire near you. I'm just thankful we weren't killed or badly injured.....if it had gone through the windshield at 75mph, it just might have been a lot different. No matter how careful you are, the highways are probably the most dangerous place you go on a regular basis.

Roofs......stay off of roofs too. Our oldest son fell off the right corner of this roof last year and was very lucky. He broke no bones but suffered compression injures that put him in bed for a week. He missed a picket fence by inches. He won't be up there again..my daughter-in-law sold his ladder in a yard sale. Mrs Rupert didn't do that to me, but she did increase my life insurance by $100K.

Regards!
One bit of my moving is that my roof climbing days are over. I normally felt comfortable up there but tried to avoid going near the edges although there were jobs which demanded going very near a very high edge. I am glad I no longer have to do that.

---------- Post added 06-23-16 at 03:29 PM ----------

Gotta laugh out loud at that indivisible part......maybe they drank too much of it and are in a reality fog? Must be verypotent to create that illusion.

That vacation has really messed up my schedule once back home. Dealing with the TT damage and trying to get all my yard work back in order is ruining my playtime. That twisted knee, though better, is not making it any easier. I think it is going to heal......I do not want any surgery if at all avoidable.

Time for my nightly wine and trying to get some sleep for another day......do any of you guys have trouble getting a full nights sleep?...and what do you do for it? Mostly it is having to get up a couple of times to pee....if I could just pee in the bed ...but Mrs Rupert would frown on that.

Regards!
Well, if you just do in the bed she has good reason. You might not find it very nice either. But the guys in hospitals do have solutions for that - I mean equipment that is purchasable.
06-23-2016, 04:15 AM - 2 Likes   #27349
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Mostly it is having to get up a couple of times to pee....if I could just pee in the bed
Put an empty 6-pack bedside.

06-23-2016, 05:12 AM   #27350
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Very nice house! I design mainly traditional style houses so this is right up my alley. I do enjoy renovations work too and have had the good luck to be involved in a number of restoration projects too on some properly old buildings. (1700's)
The home has a huge basement/garage too...and an upstairs that is really neat. One of the best floor plans I have seen in an older home...or new one.
The other homes in the Albany historical district are very impressive...I should have taken some pictures.

---------- Post added 06-23-16 at 07:18 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Put an empty 6-pack bedside.
Did the bottle thing once when in heavy traffic and rainstorm in downtown Ft Worth........my aim wasn't the best but it was still a huge relief.

---------- Post added 06-23-16 at 07:23 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I go to bed and by the time my head hits the pillow I am out.
Me too...it's the wine that does it for me. I have various pills that will do the same but have side effects, so I go with the wine, even though it is like shoe polish. I toss/turn some.......damn feet are always in some stage of discomfort. I only have one pill that will carry me all through the night ....Serax...but I seldom take one, they can be highly addictive.
06-23-2016, 05:35 AM   #27351
Pentaxian

Gotta laugh out loud at that indivisible part......maybe they drank too much of it and are in a reality fog? Must be verypotent to create that illusion.

Time for my nightly wine and trying to get some sleep for another day......do any of you guys have trouble getting a full nights sleep?...and what do you do for it? Mostly it is having to get up a couple of times to pee....if I could just pee in the bed ...but Mrs Rupert would frown on that.

Regards!
There is the 5 gallon bucket beside the bed idea but 'Mrs' Rupert probably would really Hate that.... And it would have to be emptied ..... Lol ( my hubby made this joke once after doc gave him diuretics)
06-23-2016, 11:50 AM   #27352
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
There is the 5 gallon bucket beside the bed idea but 'Mrs' Rupert probably would really Hate that.... And it would have to be emptied ..... Lol ( my hubby made this joke once after doc gave him diuretics)
The bathroom is only feet away, but once I wake up it is so hard to get back to sleep. I drink a lot of liquids through the day, starting with a couple of cups of coffee and then lemon/lime iced water the rest of the day...no sugar, must water. Maybe by the end of the day it is a gallon or more? So that is probably why I have such a need to go. If I stopped the liquids earlier it might help...but I finish off the day with the wine.......

Why you want a K1 and not a K3....lightning fast focus even with the slow Bigma....ISO is no problem....and that Crop Mode is wonderful for wildlife! Just a few of over 200 great reasons to own a K1!

Regards!

06-23-2016, 02:30 PM   #27353
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful jay, Rupert, but he seems a little pensive. Maybe Otis and his friends haven't been sharing the nuts. Baaaad squirrels!
06-23-2016, 03:56 PM - 1 Like   #27354
Pentaxian

You should try the cucumber, lemon, mint water. Slice cucumbers and 4-5 lemons thinly and put them in a pitcher of water and add mint leaves. I made a batch today. The pitcher should be at least half full of the lemon and cucumber slices. Put it in the fridge. It's really good.
06-23-2016, 04:00 PM   #27355
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

You should try the cucumber, lemon, mint water. Slice cucumbers and 4-5 lemons thinly and put them in a pitcher of water and add mint leaves. I made a batch today. The pitcher should be at least half full of the lemon and cucumber slices. Put it in the fridge. It's really good.
That sounds really good.
I love cucumber.
I eat cucumber sammiches all summer long.
06-23-2016, 05:26 PM   #27356
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

There is the 5 gallon bucket beside the bed idea .....
Back in "the day" they were called chamber pots.
06-23-2016, 05:42 PM - 2 Likes   #27357
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Isn't this thread wonderful?
In one page it goes from: "Now, as I close in on 60 I sleep 5 to 6 hours." through "I love cucumber." to "Back in "the day" they were called chamber pots."
When I see cucumbers and chamber pots mentioned so close together, it messes with my mind! LOL
06-23-2016, 05:55 PM - 1 Like   #27358
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
When I see cucumbers and chamber pots mentioned so close together, it messes with my mind! LOL
Sorry Mark, I'm confused, just what seems to be the problem?
Drink some shoe polish and call me in the morning.
06-23-2016, 06:37 PM   #27359
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Or have a nice igunaq and Velveeta sandwich, washed down lukewarm Bud Light.
You'll feel a lot better.
06-23-2016, 06:38 PM   #27360
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe I should have some bacon with that.